Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811122 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1605 on: September 23, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
Has the car been on the scales lately? Now that it is so close, it will be interesting to see the running weight and how it is proportioned.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #1606 on: September 23, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »
It weighs 7200# with no liquids.

Probably about 8000# with driver and the liquids.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1607 on: September 24, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Marlo wants to make certain that some people that have helped his racing career along are remembered.

As it happens all of them so far are deceased.

We just recognized a friend that was very helpful to him.

His name is Mick Gray.

Here is the url for the post that is in the News section of www.target550.com

http://www.target550.com/unsungheroes.html#mickgray

We hope you enjoy it.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #1608 on: September 24, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »
Freud - -

I admire Marlo for recognizing those standouts who helped his racing career along the way. After reading about these craftsmans/friends, I tried to put myself in their shoes, wanting to have done what they did. My career, after some drag racing back in the 1960's, went into full-time teaching and up into a vocational school administration life. Now retired and no racing for 50 years it is difficult to catch up on the technology, yet the desire to race is at its strongest. I view my future racing at Bonneville as someone who is trying to get into the 50th class reunion, when you never did graduate in the first place. Who said life was going to be easy.

Thanks to you and Ray for documentating a standard of workmanship to encourage me as I design and build my first entry level vehicle for the salt. I am now making contacts with some interesting racers I have met who are helping me and who fit similar molds that Marlo spoke about in his friends. Thanks to Marlo for setting a standard for product output and for remembering those friends that walked with him. Such a lifestyle is a rare one to be associated with.

Thanks again for allowing me to watch, see and touch as the racing life style processes along.

And you know, these are the lessons of life and friendships that I am teaching my young daughter about.

Bill

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1609 on: September 24, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
Just a slight correction.  The url Freud posted is correct.  But I added a separate section in the Menu bar for Unsung Heroes; it's not in the News section.

Bill, I showed my sister and cousin (whom I haven't seen in decades and she visited me on Saturday) the photos I shot of Rizzy giving Mitch a coin just before the "rains came down" at SW 2011.  They were both teary-eyed with emotion.  Keep up the good work, bro.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1610 on: September 25, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »
As I've said many times: Ray is my guide and mentor.

Our viewing fans have a much smoother path to travel with him clearing the way.

As long as we get everyone to our most recent post I am overjoyed. Ray makes it easier for all of us.

Bill after the long delay in returning to a life that includes racing do not be afraid to ask anyone of the people

involved with Marlo's car for ideas and help. Now it's our time to do things for others that his heros have done for him.

All I can say is to me you are a visible hero for the way you are raising Rizzy.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #1611 on: September 25, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »
Freud and Ray - -

Your kind words made my day. It sure is nice to know how easy it is to access racing greats and not those just associated with the Target 550 build. I have already asked many people many technical questions. I had heard years earlier that there is a big racing family of friends out on that Bonneville flats thing, I'm finding it to be true.

My racing dream day will come when I roll my wheels on the salt flats in 2013 after waiting 50 years to get there. The more Rizzy and I talk about the salt flats, the more she wants to race too. She wants me to build two bikes, first an 80cc sit on and second, a liner. A Dad's dream come true.

It's not too soon to say, see you at the NW Reunion 2013.

Bill

Offline Freud

« Reply #1612 on: September 28, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »
The post will either be late Friday or Saturday morning after Ray is mobile.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline dw230

« Reply #1613 on: September 28, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
Any news about the car running at Mojave this weekend? Or, did i miss an announcement in an earlier post?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Tman

« Reply #1614 on: September 28, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »
Any news about the car running at Mojave this weekend? Or, did i miss an announcement in an earlier post?

DW

Yes, you missed it. Not running.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1615 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
I've had a busy day, but I finally got the new post onto the server:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/191_front_firewall_throttle_fuel_cables/index.html

And, as usual, Freud has provided us with a couple of extra images:

For those people like me, who tend to run into things like sharp corners:

The thoughtful team at the shop provided nice, soft corners so that idiots like me won't get nasty gashes in their heads:

Enjoy,

Offline Woodstock

« Reply #1616 on: September 29, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
Ray, you now just have 2 shots at it :-D...thanks for the pictures :cheers:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1617 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
Hell, I never need obvious sharp corners to end up with a bleeding head. I'd manage to still bleed after hitting the corner bumper!

I would worry about salt and stuff getting into the fuel/throttle slide plates. I would put a rubber boot over the hole thing.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1618 on: September 30, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »
Thanks Dean. You are hired.

Wait 'till next week and the drive will be 265 miles less.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #1619 on: September 30, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
Found this photo while sorting out my "LSR files" to get organized for a ???_________??? - build !  It must be around 2002 or so, when our wood turners group  visited Jim the wood turner and 550 master builder.  Little did I know then that salt fever will stick with you longer than wood shavings :)
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.