Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811051 times)

Offline SLCMike

• New folks
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1515 on: August 30, 2012, 01:37:53 PM »
Hey desotoman, the same goes for you. :-P

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1516 on: August 30, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
Hey desotoman, the same goes for you. :-P

Just trying to lighten things up with a little laughter. I got what you meant, all is good. :cheers:

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SLCMike

• New folks
« Reply #1517 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
I known desotoman...kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya...everybody now! :-D

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1518 on: August 30, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
  Dallas, I don't wish you any ill health, but if you die before me I got "first dibs" on your byline or what ever that line is on the bottom of your post's.
  Every time I read it I crack up as my empty wallet hits the floor........... :cheers: :cheers:
Bob Drury

Offline Freud

« Reply #1519 on: August 31, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »
We will have a new post today.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline DallasV

« Reply #1520 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »
  Dallas, I don't wish you any ill health, but if you die before me I got "first dibs" on your byline or what ever that line is on the bottom of your post's.
  Every time I read it I crack up as my empty wallet hits the floor........... :cheers: :cheers:

This speedweek it was parts. We trasfomed some larger parts into multiple small parts. but can now easily check the oil level with my finger.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1521 on: August 31, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1522 on: August 31, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
Update 188: http://www.target550.com/gallery/188_car&carrier_back_at_humes/index.html

It's on the server.  It shows the liner returning to the womb, so to speak.  It's back at Hume's shop for more attention.  There are quite a few shots of the car carrier showing that it's probably better suited for carrying the liner on the salt flats than in Hume's driveway.  The little issue with the speed brake has been addressed and there are some photos of the parachute release mechanisms. 

I'm doin a thrash on my race car, so I busted my hump and got the post done quickly so I could get back to work.

Here are a couple of extra images that were done while the liner was at Speed Week to go along with the post.

Offline Tman

« Reply #1523 on: August 31, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
Very cool. I like the air brake design...........still working on mine, got Plans A&B so far.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1524 on: August 31, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
About 4 weeks until Mojave Mile, I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I understand if the car is not ready.

Ray and Glenn, thanks for the update.

Glenn, I hope you are feeling better.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1525 on: September 01, 2012, 12:59:23 AM »
... Is Marlo a member of these forums?...
Anybody?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1526 on: September 01, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »
  Jack, first of all if that Lakester is your's it is one beutiful racer.
  Secondly and speaking only as a aquantance of Marlo, I don't believe he is.
  He is still in the business of Aircraft parts, Comercial rental properties, Grandkid's, driving back and forth to Jim Humes shop (about five hours each way) sometimes twice a week, and isn't into arguing with people like me.........
  With folks like Glenn Freudenberger and Ray the Rat keeping you up to date on current progress and changes, and "gossip" corresponents like me giving you semi-accurate information, I guess thats as good as it get's...............  Bob (who ain't dumb, just pretty darn stupid at times).
Bob Drury

Offline Tman

« Reply #1527 on: September 01, 2012, 05:29:40 PM »
Bob, must have been the moon.............your sense of humor is back!

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1528 on: September 01, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, Marlo isn't on here.  Not positive, but fairly sure.  A search for first or last name comes up with a goose egg.

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #1529 on: September 01, 2012, 10:30:44 PM »
When do I get to see pics of left handed spanners make for removing 16.52878 mm AN fittings for the driver flatulence gauge?  :x :x :x

Enough is enough.

This is a build thread for this car!!

I am REALLY interested in the logistics of getting this thing to and from the "race" track. Be it the dirt or the salt. This car has many one off pieces. Have you built spare parts along the way "just in case" this bell crank fails, or this rod fails after many cycles of use?  :?

What have you set as the max allowable missing fastener rule for a particular panel? And if you start popping rivets after runs have you allowed yourself time (parts/personel/tools) to replace these rivets. Or will you pop rivet replacements? Or will you just run it?

Now for the most important q! If you look at many of the aircraft accidents (Challenger to be specific) a corporate mind set of we "have" to do this NOW can take over.

Please, as you go forward, remember, discretion is sometimes the greatest form of valor.   If it doesn't feel right, then shit, it's probably not right.

Again, thanks for allowing me a peek up the skirt (so to speak).
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!