Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811269 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1470 on: August 22, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »

The plan now is to do the first tests at the Mojave Mile the last weekend in September. Marlo bought new 250 MPH tires,

had them mounted and shaved to use when they do the "destructive" type testing on that strip. Any problems will be

addressed over the winter.

The only thing missing from the testing sequence will be the smell of NITRO.

FREUD

Dieselgeek,

Maybe this will answer some of your questions on when the car is scheduled to run. Hope this helps.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:29:28 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1471 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:55 PM »
I just hit the IGNORE button.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1472 on: August 22, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
  Damn, I just wrote this elequent masterpiece and erased it somehow.
  Anyway, Diesel I hope your beer mug sign was a peace offering and if it was I accept.
  I don't have any animosities towards you or anyone else on this site.
  It is apparent that we are not on the exact same wave length, but I think we both want to see Marlo run soon and run fast.
  I would be more than happy to buy you a beer, and lets talk about anything, even Marlo's car but only if we both are armed with nothing more than ripe bananas.
  It's easy to get wound up on this site (I know, I am a expert at it) and I believe the real problem is Testosterone coupled with race cars.  Anyway, keep posting and see ya soon.... Bob    :cheers:
Bob Drury

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #1473 on: August 22, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
  Dodge, I just wrote this elequent masterpiece and erased it somehow.
  Anyway, Diesel I hope your beer mug sign was a peace offering and if it was I accept.

Bob - It was, and thank you!  I'll take you up on that beer, hopefully next year they have a Salt Talks (the best place to meet forum members), and hopefully Nancy and Slim keep it upright!  Our team was upset to hear Nancy took a spill, it took a few hours to hear from the others that she was going to be fine...  thank God.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1474 on: August 24, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »
We are not late with this post.

It's only 9:30 AM in Hawaii.

Ray took the responsibility off me this week.

Enjoy the coverage that he provided.

Here's the url:  http://www.target550.com/gallery/187_rats_salt_flats_photos/index.html

It's for sure not a group of fotos done in Hume's shop.

Enjoy and THANK YOU Ray.

FREUD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:31:39 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1475 on: August 24, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »
Three questions.

The dyno test shows a black, flat topped intake manifold. The salt photos show a white intake manifold with a box structure on top. I can't figure out the box structure.

The Hume logo, complete with grapes, is attached where?

Was it a time consuming job cleaning all of the drool off?  :roll:
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #1476 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
Three questions.

The dyno test shows a black, flat topped intake manifold. The salt photos show a white intake manifold with a box structure on top. I can't figure out the box structure.

Air or water charge cooler is my guess. 

Offline Tman

« Reply #1477 on: August 24, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
Three questions.

The Hume logo, complete with grapes, is attached where?

Was it a time consuming job cleaning all of the drool off?  :roll:

Dean, if you enlarge that last photo you can see the Hume logo on the nose.

Offline jdincau

« Reply #1478 on: August 24, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
Three questions.

There are burst panels in the top of the manifolds. The in car manifold is white. The top half of the white structure ports the blast from a ruptured panel to blow out doors in the exterior skin.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:10:38 PM by jdincau »
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1479 on: August 24, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »

Dean,

Here is a picture I took of what you are asking about.

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1480 on: August 24, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
Dean,

Here is some reference as to the size of the Logo. Marlo was nice enough to supply his thumb in this picture for me.

Tom G.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1481 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
Was bummed that we couldn't find the time to see this masterpiece at Bonneville!!  I hope I can see it run in Mojave!!! :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #1482 on: August 26, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
We also hope you make it.

Target 550 team.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #1483 on: August 26, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »
Trust me when I say Horsepower will be no problem. They will be able to produce as much that is needed to get the job done. Les Davenport is a genius when it comes to motors.  He also currently runs a car at the Nostalgia Drags in A/F that has beat Kin Bates whose tuner is Dean Adams, son of Gene Adams.  

I spent the weekend tuning a N/A gas engine on EFI with Gene Adams and Ron Pratt.  Told them about your comment.  They got a chuckle out of this. 

Gene has a Wally from 5 different decades.  Ron's won five CHRR championships in a row.   Even the best get beat sometimes, Gene is proud to have you playing Six Degrees of Gene Adams, just so ya know.   :-D

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1484 on: August 26, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
Trust me when I say Horsepower will be no problem. They will be able to produce as much that is needed to get the job done. Les Davenport is a genius when it comes to motors.  He also currently runs a car at the Nostalgia Drags in A/F that has beat Kin Bates whose tuner is Dean Adams, son of Gene Adams.  

I spent the weekend tuning a N/A gas engine on EFI with Gene Adams and Ron Pratt.  Told them about your comment.  They got a chuckle out of this. 

Gene has a Wally from 5 different decades.  Ron's won five CHRR championships in a row.   Even the best get beat sometimes, Gene is proud to have you playing Six Degrees of Gene Adams, just so ya know.   :-D

dieselgeek,

You had a question about whether the Target 550 car would have the HP needed to get the job done. So I answered your question.

I first met Gene Adams before you were born.  :-) I currently own his old Jr. Fuel Desoto motor, which his brother Gary and I talked about on the phone only a couple of weeks ago. I have the utmost respect for Gene Adams, always have and always will.

IMO there is no one better at Injected nitro than Gene Adams. IMO there is no one better at Supercharged Alcohol than Les Davenport. They are both great competitors and run against each other at the nostalgia drags, and are at the top of their class. What more can be said.

I don't understand you comment about playing Six Degrees of Gene Adams.

Tom G.