Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811345 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1410 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
Marlo is making arrangements to sell the new shirts.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #1411 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »
Yes, nice to see you two again! And thanks for letting us drool on the car :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #1412 on: August 15, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
Anytime T-Man.

Thank You for stopping by.

Just remember, you are second.

Woody was first.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1413 on: August 15, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
Marlo is making arrangements to sell the new shirts.

FREUD

For those not at Bonneville.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1414 on: August 17, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
We will have a post within the next hour.

It's 5:21 PDT.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1415 on: August 17, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
Anytime T-Man.

Thank You for stopping by.

Just remember, you are second.

Woody was first.

FREUD

Freud is was great getting to meet you, Marlo and the 40 foot long drool receptacle!  :cheers:

Woody
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1416 on: August 17, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »
Sorry, I got delayed a bit.  I'll have the post done asap.

In the mean time, here's another image of the liner at the sunrise shoot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:25:40 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1417 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »
Ok.  Now this week's post is on the server:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/186_liner_hits_salt/index.html

At long last, the liner's feet hit the salt.  Here's a shot of Freud trying to herd the cats for the early morning photo shoot.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1418 on: August 17, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
Thank You, RAY.

You had my backside once again.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1419 on: August 17, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »
The picture below shows just how popular this car was at Bonneville. I know it was the highlight of my few days there. After following this build for years, I was able to see for myself, all the work and foresight that has gone into this build. If you think it looks good in pictures, just wait until you see it with your own eyes in person. I know I took at least 100 pictures of this car.

I would like to thank Marlo, and the entire Target 550 Crew for taking the time and effort to put this magnificent car on the Salt for all of us to see and ask any questions we might have.

I had a great time while under the big white tent. It was great to see Marlo, Freud, and Dickie. It was also great to meet Korey, Ozzy, Jason, Les, and Ray Therat.  

Thanks for your dedication to this wonderful project, and all the best at attaining your goal.  

Tom G.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:15:15 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Tman

« Reply #1420 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:11 AM »

At long last, the liner's feet hit the salt.  Here's a shot of Freud trying to herd the cats for the early morning photo shoot.

I was herding cats all weekend with our team. It sucks to be crewchief and used to being EARLY for everything. Throw an artist into the crew and I might as well had a Mime!?!?!?!??!

Offline Freud

« Reply #1421 on: August 18, 2012, 12:35:31 AM »
I'm happy that Tom and oh so many others had the opportunity to see the car in person.

I must commend Marlo for deciding that he had enough time before the Mojave Mile to

take 9 days out of the shop and bring the car to the biggest LSR event of the year.

We are overjoyed that people enjoyed the chance to see it in it's aluminum flesh.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #1422 on: August 18, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
The car in person is one of the most incredible pieces of workmanship Ive ever seen ! Now I want to watch the driver get out of it. I hope it has an ejection seat of some kind. The car carries workmanship to a whole new level for me. Not that a number of others arent right up there, heck of a job !

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1423 on: August 18, 2012, 10:21:26 AM »

I was herding cats all weekend with our team. It sucks to be crewchief and used to being EARLY for everything. Throw an artist into the crew and I might as well had a Mime!?!?!?!??!

Now ya know why I don't do wedding photography.   :-D 

But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it was great to meet you and all the other cats (slightly different connotation there) that came to visit the liner or those who were kind enough to stop by my Burb and say hello.  LSR people are the best in the world!   :cheers:

A funny sidelight to this is that someone came up to Pork Pie (whose beard is quite a bit longer than usual) and asked him, "Hey!  Are you Ray the Rat?"  Apparently the hair (or lack of it) and beard overcame the uniqueness of the vest and hat.  I don't know whether either one of us was insulted or complimented, but I think it's funny as h*ll either way.   :roll:

@mtkawboy:  I agree about the ejection seat.  It'll be very interesting to see Les do an emergency exit, although he was able to get in pretty darned well.  I'll be doing a mid-week post in a couple of days that will include a shot of Les getting into the car.  It's kinda interesting...but then it's not much different than the way I have to get in to and out of my race car when it's on the trailer.  If I was 40 years younger, I'd try the Carl Edwards method of egress...but at my age and somewhat decrepit state of health, I think that's a an action better left for younger men...or maybe just a "Hold my beer and watch this" kinda move.  LOL!

Offline Freud

« Reply #1424 on: August 18, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
I have been in and out of it and it was not much of a problem but I wasn't wearing a fire suit and helmet.

The brake lever wasn't in it either. I noticed that Les' right leg had to be in an odd position for his foot to

be on the throttle. Being the quite fellow he is I doubt that we will be hearing any complaints.

FREUD
Since '63