Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811615 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1290 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:14 PM »
Speed Week will be a nice setting. The car will be on display many hours so there will be times when you can have a lot of time

to spend looking for the parts that have been discussed in this diary. I would enjoy taking you to Hume's shop but he will also

be at Bonneville. I look forward to meeting the people that follow this diary.

Marlo, Jim and Jason will be there to chat and answer your questions.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline DallasV

« Reply #1291 on: July 02, 2012, 02:34:54 PM »
Couldn't help but notice this on the speedweek pre-entry list.

AA
BFS
Target 550
Aurora
OR

:-D
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1292 on: July 02, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
  Dallas, I think all of us old timers hope it will be able to make at least a shakedown pass at Speedweek (as every day may indeed be our last) but if the best to happen is to just see it on the Salt, I salute both Marlo, and Jim Hume and his fantastic crew of the last two years (the first nine or ten years was solo).
  Glen, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the first shakedown runs will be made with only one motor.
  Having seen the car at Jim's, and Marlo's shop a few years back, and being a retired Sheet Metal Worker who has built both Street Rod's and two Bonneville cars, I can say without a doubt that just seeing it once may cause a Orgasm at best, and a Coranary at worst.
                                This car belongs in the Smithsonian some day soon..................... as do the stuffed bodies of Marlo and Dr. Freudenberger (in his famous business card photo).
                                                              Bob  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:17:08 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Freud

« Reply #1293 on: July 02, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »
The car will NOT run at B'ville.

I'll fill this in next week.

Be patient. I don't want to make a post and then make another to correct it.

JUST  BE PATIENT.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1294 on: July 02, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1295 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
Thanks Dean.

We applied to Charmin for sponsorship.

They told us we would have to be patient.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #1296 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:44 PM »
Doc---I am still trying to get some time to visit Mr Hume and see the Exhibit errrr Streamliner this week. It will be a last minute kind of thing if it happens.........work is really in the way at the moment....

Offline Freud

« Reply #1297 on: July 03, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
Paul there will be other opportunities before long. Just do what you can. It's nice when it's in Jim's shop because he is

devoting his time to answering questions and showing hard to see features. When it's on display it's easier to talk about

it but when it's preparing to run it's "radio silence."

Bob, the testing will not be done with a single engine. Maybe the first pass but I doubt it. Les is a throttle to the floor

kinda driver and he will be in control.

Stay tuned people.

Happy July 4th to all of you.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline superleggera

« Reply #1298 on: July 05, 2012, 01:50:14 AM »
Hey Freud! (and Jim and Jason)

Thanks for allowing us to view the streamliner today with all the inevitable questions we asked. 

For everyone who has seen the pictures and the notes that Freud has posted, the Target550 streamliner is all that and even more.  I will admit to spending more then a few hours seeing a lot of great ideas, unique solutions that I will add to my streamliner, admiration of the metalwork (and machining) -- and wish my home shop was as well equipped as Jim's is. 

Inevitably even after spending that many hours, I probably missed many other details.  But hopefully I (and others) will get to see more of it upcoming when on display at Bonneville.

- me: Mark - home: Dry Heat, AZ USA - build: motorcycle streamliner

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #1299 on: July 05, 2012, 02:30:28 AM »
yes, thank you jim ,jason , freud. beyond impressive . even for a military aircraft guy. least i could do was show up with a platter of patriotically festooned cupcakes.        happy 4th everyone.         mitchell

Offline Freud

« Reply #1300 on: July 06, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1301 on: July 06, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »
Super and Mitchell............Thanks for coming and we are overjoyed that it wasn't a waste of time.

Rubbing shoulders with our "pals" was a privilege and eating the cup cakes was addicting.

For Jim, Jason, Dave, Marlo, Ray Therat and myself

THANX AGAIN,

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1302 on: July 06, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
You still have today and Saturday to see the car.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #1303 on: July 06, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

I made the short trip up from Arlington to see the car today.
Your pictures are great Freud, but seeing the car in person
Just blew my mind. WOW! It is so very impressive the work
done to this streamliner. The workmenship on so many levels,
simply unbelievable. No it is believable, I seen it with my own
eyes. I will not be on the salt this year due to a career change.
So 2013 should be the year this UFO runs WFO. 

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #1304 on: July 09, 2012, 08:10:39 PM »
Build it . . . and I came.

Drove up to Jim's open house to see the liner last week. It is as Freud and Ray the Rat have documented it. Plus, it is true of what all other visitors have said above. I was honored to finally see it live under construction and in assembly.

Being new to land racing and a retired shop teacher, I was as much interested in Jim's shop as I was in the liner build. Jim told me before he built racecars, he did cabinet work. That explains why I saw a side room filled with woodworking tools and machinery. I learned from Jim how much wood is used to help in the metal fabrication process. I saw many wood patterns and dyes in all sizes for forming the aluminum.

I stayed over an hour and had about 7 short conversations with Jim inbetween other visitors. I told him of my shop teacher background and how much I admired his work. He answered all of my question and at age 72 he is having the time of his life doing his thing.

I was able to take a picture of my daughter Rizzy with Jim alongside the great build. I plan another picture on the salt next month. And then to witness the liner in a flat out run next year would be the experience to remember. Thanks to Marlo for setting the bar so high. Plus, appreciation to Freud and Ray the Rat to help me watch Marlo's dreams come true.

Oh, Rizzy says hello to Jim's new puppy Copper.

Bill