Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810887 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1200 on: May 01, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »
It IS NOT A DUAL PURPOSE item. It's only a drain.

I screwed up so get your hernias surgically repaired and be ready to

pounce on me when I can resist;

Here is Marlo's reply:

"There is an taped hole at the top of that unit that will be the vent. This line is the drain because we can't get at the lower plug to drain it.  

They had to drill and tap the end bearing retainer for the drain .  The line is long enough to go to a one or two quart can."

Everyone else is correct and I'm the one that is wrong. Everyone else knew I was wrong and now I do too.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I assure you, I will make more mistakes before this changes from a build to a serious play toy.

FREUD

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:47:24 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1201 on: May 01, 2012, 05:30:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you've done more work shooting this than we did building our tank. We can forgive you a lot more than that for all the great stuff you've shown us on this stupendous car.Ya Duffer.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #1202 on: May 02, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
I had thought about commenting on the "breather line" but this isn't Marlo and Jim's first rodeo so I knew that had a breather setup that would be correct. Because of the excellent coverage of this outstanding build we all want to kibutz what they are doing and ready to add or 2 cents worth but these guys have done this before and if they run into something that they may have limited experience with they are able to use their experience and common sense to come up with a solution that will probably work and work well. My anticipation of the completion of this project is rising every time a new post is released. Once they have released some sort of testing program, I plan to be there if at all possible. Freud and Ray thanks again for all of your efforts.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1203 on: May 02, 2012, 11:27:08 AM »
Rex, you will have a special interest in a soon to come post. Don't desert me now...........HaHa

I wish you could have attended Gas Up. You would have enjoyed seeing the Herda car.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1204 on: May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »
Post 171

Since I haven't been to the shop in almost 2 weeks I used whatever images I had available.

Here is the url:     http://www.target550.com/gallery/171_cleaning_hard_drive_many_topics/index.html

I'll be going to Hume's place tomorrow and will replenish my library.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #1205 on: May 04, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »
Freud:

Even the left overs are great. Thanks for putting together a post even though you have not been to the shop.   

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #1206 on: May 04, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
I'm glad you liked it..................

There will be more to come.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1207 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03:15 AM »
I find it difficult to have new information to pass along except this post has the daata

about the tires that will be used for testing.

http://www.target550.com/gallery/172_tires_tanks_reassembly/index.html

I'll see what I can pass along next week.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1208 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »
Freud, the pictures tell the story. For those of us that have followed this build for 12 years probably know a lot more of the story and build. One really has to see the car as it is a piece of art and the fineast craftsmanship that Marlo, and Hume's staff provide. Freud, you should write a book on this build and it would be a top seller.

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter :-D
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #1209 on: May 13, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
Freud:

I had some time the other night so I went back to the original thread and read all the posts. I had already read all 88 pages of this thread. In prior post I have made comments to the quality of the the workmanship on this build. It far surpasses anything I could imagine or afford. But today I would like to make a comment on the commitment it has taken to build this streamliner. Over the last 12 years I have friends that have had three different wives and two different girl friends in the same amount of time. Talk about not making a commitment! Now to my point. I have had to take a year off from any LSR racing or hobbies for that matter while I make a carreer change and get a new business up an running. The car and engine are 4 hours away in the chassis and engine shop. I told the guys no hurry I can't race it this year anyway. Durring the down time I wonder if I will ever race again. I know I will but it seems like forever. Now I read Treit's thread and started thinking about the commitment these guys have made. I cannot imagine the vision and discipline it takes to stay on task for that long...My ADD kicks in after about 5 minutes. I know from reading this thread that the last part they make will be as perfect as the first part they made many years ago. It will be ready when it is ready. The level of committment is impressive.

So once again, to you, Treit, Hume, Ray and all the others.... Thanks for letting me tag along.

Bill

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #1210 on: May 13, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
Bill there is one thing that I too have noticed over all of these years.  C O M I T T M E N T.

There was a time for a few months that the car was not at Hume's. It was in Marlo's hanger in Portland.

During that time Jim worked on Walt Austin's aluminum Willies.  When it felt right the 'liner was returned to Jim's shop,

the Willies went down the road and progress restarted on the 'liner. It is amazing the dedication Jim and Marlo have had.

So often we are asked........."When's it gonna run?" The answer is always the same. "Whenever it's ready."

They just approach it like a painting. When everything is ready for it to run, it will. They aren't responsible to anyone

but Marlo. As long as he is patient no one else has any influence. His plans are being made for testing before long.

The same planning will be done regarding testing as has persevered since it started.

We appreciate all of the people that follow this build. It's getting exciting to all of us. There aren't many new pieces

to be made. By asking for some parts to be put in place the other day for a foto it was determined that the battery box

must be altered. It was built before the fuel tank and with the tank in place the cover for the battery can not be installed.

Changing the size of the battery will solve that inconvenience. There are not many of those happenings and even if there are

they will just be solved with the same ingenuity that has build the remainder of the car.

Hang in there with us. As was said the other day, "the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter."

Thanks for everyones interest.

FREUD
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:12:14 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #1211 on: May 13, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »
Freud:

Well said!

Yes as the light gets brighter the excitement builds.

Bill

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #1212 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
The color is coming into view as the reassembly continues.

Here's the url:  http://www.target550.com/gallery/173_reassembly_continues/index.html

Enjoy.

FREUD
Since '63

Online sabat

« Reply #1213 on: May 18, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
Exciting stuff, thank you. I wonder when there might be noise?

Offline Freud

« Reply #1214 on: May 18, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
sabat.....just continue to follow the build diary.

There will be some surprises before long.

FREUD
Since '63