Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811048 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1110 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
And don't think I didn't miss the stack of well aged wood.

I get a little of that every time I see new fotos of this car myself....  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #1111 on: February 23, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
It's Thursday and we are posting a day early to make up for the times we are late.

Here is the url:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/161_reassembly_progress_is_evident/index.html

The frame really looks great with the light color.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1112 on: February 24, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »
I feel this will be a great year for the Target 550 Team. You all have done a fantastic job and are getting closer every day to attempt your goal. I wish you all the best.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1113 on: February 28, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
I like the light color frame. It is much easier to inspect for cracks, not that I'd be expecting any on this build.
This is really looking good! Go guys go!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #1114 on: February 29, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
Rob in my opinion that paint should be investigated for every Bonneville build.

It is as tough as a boars nose and applies easily. The etch prep has an odor but

is fast and efficient. I haven't seen it on the salt yet but I think it will be very

protective and save a lot of worry about corrosion.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline DND

« Reply #1115 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »
When i saw Russ with out a respirator i figured it must be a type of water base paint, after reading your note that tell's about the product it all makes sence now.

Sure is a hi tech world now with all the trick produts that one can buy.

I just joined up here on the forum and have been reading the build log on this great liner, plus seeing my old friend Dave making some chips is pretty cool too !!

Don

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1116 on: February 29, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »
Welcome Don.  I saw the painted frame a week or so ago.  It's gorgeous.   I also got to meet Russ at the NW Reunion and then again at his shop (saw his Model A "Snark"...killer machine...runs 8.90s)  And, yeah, Dave was makin chips when I last saw him.  Well, that's not entirely true...I saw him as we were leaving the shop. He was standing by his classic car:

:)

Offline Freud

« Reply #1117 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »
Ray Therat has shown his skills. He posted fotos that He did following his excursion to the Pacific Northwest

to attend the Bonneville NW Reunion. (www.bonnevillenwreunion.com)

I have no idea how he slipped under the door with a camera strapped around his neck.

Take a look and see what impressed him.

http://www.target550.com/gallery/162_rats_fotos/index.html

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #1118 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
Congrats to Les Davenport for winning his class at the MARCH MEET!~

Offline racergeo

« Reply #1119 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
  I had the pleasure of talking to Les and his son Ryan (who drives the BUCKY'S TF funny car) right before the final and watched him win with a 6.22ET. So in 7 runs over the event he ran between 6.18 an 6.22! A blown top alcohol bracket racer. For you that aren't familiar with Les and his acomplishments he is one of the greatest blown alcohol tuners of all time. Tuned many a funny car and dragster to fame.Unfortunally they all  lost there fortune to the NHRA. Les told me how much effortless HP the engines for Target 550 make and he thinks under the right conditions 500 at the saltflats is possible. It's all about slowing 8000lbs. Sure was fun getting some sun on me!

Offline Freud

« Reply #1120 on: March 05, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
racegoer, THANKS for beating the drum for Les Davenport. Not many people know what a talent he is.

Building HP is one of his huge talents. Winning at the drag strip is his relaxation.

It's not surprising to be buried by Les Davenport at any strip.

THANKS AGAIN,

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1121 on: March 06, 2012, 02:03:51 AM »
Just sayin'... "building HP" and bracket-racing are totally different endeavors.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1122 on: March 06, 2012, 03:31:19 AM »
  Jack, while respecting your opinion and having met Les, I can tell you that any man who built and flies his own airplane, built and uses his own dyno and has many NHRA Alcohol Dragster and Funny Car racers who not only pay him to fly into national event to tune their cars, but ship their motors to Edmonton for Dynoing, ain't stupid.
  Oh yeah, I almost forgot that he single handedly ended the AA/GS class in Nostalgia Drag Racing when he spent over 600 hours taking a legal 671 blower and manifold for Jirka Kapilans 63 Corvette AA/GS  which debuted at the NHRA reunion drags at Bakersfield two years ago.
  They unloaded the car, ran a half second faster than ever recorded in the class, smoked thle field, and essentaly retired the car, all in one race.
  No one wanted to play in their sandbox.
  Jirka was listed as the crew chief on the dragster, but don't kid yourself.  Les is the real deal..........  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline racergeo

« Reply #1123 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
  Les is over 65 years young and cut a bracket racer .012 light in the final. He only missed setting the class record with a 369c.i. hemi by .001 of a second. His competition run 500 c.i. stuff at the same wieght. Les is a genius that thinks out side the box. Partnered with Marlo they will have a team that can go as fast as their TARGET.

Offline Tman

« Reply #1124 on: March 06, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
I can't wait!

There were lots of watching the Live Stream on BANGshift and cheering for Les in the chat, he is highly respected.