Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810982 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1065 on: January 26, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »
My next post, in a day or two, will be a knock out. That rotisserie is fantastic.

The frame is totally bare and all of the welds were finished yesterday.

Painting is very close.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1066 on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:56 AM »
Next post.....Sunday Jan 29.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1067 on: January 30, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »
Well I thought it would be Sunday and now it will probably be Monday. It's done and I sent it to Ray.

There are 72 pictures. It took me all day to sort them out of 200 that I shot on Wednesday.

Have a look at one of the samples. Lets make it two samples.

FREUD
Since '63

Online sabat

« Reply #1068 on: January 30, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »
Great samples Doc. Looking forward to this installment.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1069 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »
The latest post (#157) is now available on the server:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/157_frame_on_rotisserie/index.html

This is a BIG post.  There's a lotta material covered, as well as providing some in-depth looks at what's being done while the "pigeon" is skewered on the rotisserie's spit.

Here's another teaser photo:

Freud explains what's happening pretty darned clearly.  Once again, it seems like the progress is moving forward with increasing momentum, sorta like a huge snowball rolling down hill.  It keeps getting larger and going faster and larger and faster...you get the picture.

It's just getting closer and closer.

Btw, Freud had the post to me Sunday night...but I was too tired and burned out from watching/listening to the entire Daytona 24 Hours and sorta...uhh...not getting any sleep cuz I wanted to follow the whole thing.  Just like a kid...I didn't wanna go to sleep for fear of missing something.  Duh.  So it was my drowsy condition that prevented the post from being done on time.

Enjoy,

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1070 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »
Hey! No apologies!
Remember when you were a kid and mom says it's bedtime. And the only thing you wanted to do in the world was stay up and watch television?

Isn't it nice to be able to do that now?

Still a kid, still very immature, enjoying every minute of it.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1071 on: January 30, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
Thanks Ray.

That was a tough one for me. I sorted those 72 images out of 200 that I shot last Wednesday.

I still have at least another post in that group. Organizing them is a huge challenge.

I have an appointment up that way today so I will stop by for a while.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1072 on: January 30, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
Thanks for all those detail shots. I really like the welding shots. One of these days I'm going to try some but the problem is I'm usually wielding the torch and it's difficult to use the camera at the same time. Have you got a rough starting point for speed, aperture and ISO?

Again, thanks Freud and Ray. You guys do great work!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1073 on: January 30, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
@Dean.  Ya nailed it.  I stayed up to watch the race cuz I could.  And it wasn't my ma that I argued with about that.  It was my Quaker granny who took a real dim view of me staying up late to listen to rock 'n roll or jazz.  No sense of humor, that woman.

@Peter:  The EXIF data is on every photo.  If you use Firefox as your web browser, there's an add-on called FxIF that will show all the exposure info in the Properties view of an image.  It's really a great source of info.  But.  Freud uses outrageously high ISO values...because HE can.  His Nikon D700 produces amazing photos up to 6400 ISO...and I spose it would do pretty well in the extended ISO range as well.

Most of the shots in the post were shot around 1/200th, f7.1, +1 EV and 5000 ISO.  The darker welding shots were stopped down (underexposed) several stops with shutter speed and aperture.

hth,
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:17:16 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1074 on: January 30, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »
Thanks Ray. I did a little knocking around in IE and used Panda IEXIF 2 and found the same information.

I shoot with Nikon for 2 reasons. The first is that I like its high ISO performance and the other main reason is that my best buddy shoots with Canon. If we both used the same brand what would there be to argue about? It's the old Chevy vs. Ford thing and we all know competition rocks!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1075 on: January 30, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
During the welding process it is important to have your welder wired properly and to wear the proper mask and gear to achieve a proper weld:

I thought a little perspective was necessary in the middle of this damn fine perfection. :-D

Poll: Looking at the frame on the rotisserie, how many brackets do you recognize from many hours of analyzing photos? I'm down for 80%.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1076 on: January 30, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
You got that
Thanks Ray. I did a little knocking around in IE and used Panda IEXIF 2 and found the same information.

I shoot with Nikon for 2 reasons. The first is that I like its high ISO performance and the other main reason is that my best buddy shoots with Canon. If we both used the same brand what would there be to argue about? It's the old Chevy vs. Ford thing and we all know competition rocks!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Yep.  I like shooting Canons for the same reason.  I get to argue with "Nikonian" friends as a "Canonite."  :)

Btw, if you get a chance to try Firefox, I highly recommend it.  I had to go back to IE for a couple of things (other than testing) and it was sorta like using a box of rocks in place of my tool chest.  No, I don't own stock in the company, but little things like having a real-time spell-checker and all the add-ons that are available to make it completely customizable (not to mention the "About:config" feature which REALLY lets ya get under the hood and tweak it) are absolute necessities to me, now that I've gotten used to 'em.  And I use Chrome, Opera and IE to test web stuff I do, so I get a constant comparison whenever I release new stuff on the sites I maintain.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1077 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »
During the welding process it is important to have your welder wired properly and to wear the proper mask and gear to achieve a proper weld:

I thought a little perspective was necessary in the middle of this damn fine perfection. :-D

Poll: Looking at the frame on the rotisserie, how many brackets do you recognize from many hours of analyzing photos? I'm down for 80%.

LOL!!!  I think I recognize some stuff in those photos...especially the wiring.  Looks just like my computer setup.  :)

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1078 on: January 30, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »
I always thought the term was "Canonista". All in good fun.  :-D :-D :-D

Now back to the real subject...............Target 550.

Pete

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1079 on: January 30, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »
They have a solution for everything, from brutal to elegant, like the rotisserie. It has been a journey watching this monster being born . Thanks Freud, thanks Ray....but especially thanks to all those who are throwing their best shots at building it.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.