Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811125 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1050 on: January 16, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
Well Rick that's one request that could be answered in just minutes with this car.

We could display it with one side exposed and one side clothed.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1051 on: January 19, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
If there is a post this week it will be fotos from the past.  It's 60 miles to the shop and I didn't even attempt to go.

There is 9" of snow with ice about 7" from the ground and then 2" more snow on top of that but the humming birds are still feeding.

The feeders freeze about 27F so I have to bring them in and thaw them. It's 25 right now.

Right now we are getting freezing rain and the tree branches are breaking and taking power lines down with them.

100,000 people are w/o power.

I'll look and find some individual fotos that haven't ben used and try to make a post before Sunday.

Just keep checking www.target550.com.

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:98201.1.99999

FREUD

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:08:01 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1052 on: January 19, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Doc,

Stay inside and keep warm. Pictures can wait. We know you are good for them. We don't want anything to happen to the messenger. Will you be able to fly out for the banquet?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1053 on: January 19, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »
One good thing about shooting photos in the snow - is that it is often an exercise in black and white and therefore more challenging - the basics of the photo (composition and so on) have to be correct 'cause the brilliant colors aren't there to prop up an otherwise crappy photograph.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #1054 on: January 19, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
There is color in each image. The stop signs are red and the cooler on the deck is blue.

The snow isn't white even though I added exposure for the white.  The sky is so flat that the remainder

of the foto is blaaaah.

I think I will probably be able to fly to LA on Saturday. SeaTac airport had at least 100 flights cancelled today.

The temp has been 26F all day but is supposed to be 45 in the AM.  I'll get there if I can get out of the driveway.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Geo

« Reply #1055 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:51 PM »
With weather like that you have a chance to give Rufus a polish!   :cheers:

Geo

Offline Freud

« Reply #1056 on: January 19, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
Geo, you and my wife are agitators.

Rufus is not the only poorly attended vehicle represented in these build diaries.

It's easier to get a car than to finish it.

Rufus will never be polished unless the owner does it.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #1057 on: January 19, 2012, 11:46:49 PM »
My mother (87) lives over near the golf course on Colby.  I rang her up to see if she had electricity and enough to get by on for a few days.  All is well and she promised not to go outside and break her hip.  Streamliner photos are much appreciated here, as are color photos of black and white scenery.  Be safe.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1058 on: January 20, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »
Freud, the pictures can wait (even if most of us are a little impatient). The "be safe and have fun" part of the standard wishes on this board are much more important. We're much better off having the pictures delayed a little than having the photographer out of commission for some period of time and not getting any at all.

Keep up the great work!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1059 on: January 20, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
Picky, picky, Freud.  I did see the little color spots-- and they certainly caught my eyes.  I stand by my comment about B/W photos, though, even if they have a bit of color content.  So - for snow you open the iris a little more than usual?  I could use tips like that - so please confirm - - as long as you're stranded in the house.  -11F here last night.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #1060 on: January 22, 2012, 12:17:18 PM »
I escaped the house. Marlo and I went to the El Mo banquet last night in LA.  The sun isn't shining but we don't need a coat.

I'll see if I can post something later today.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1061 on: January 22, 2012, 08:53:48 PM »
Freud, as always good to see you and Marlo. Even if I had to bail him out again with a jump start. Those cheap rental cars a pain. Hope you guys made it to jack's garage.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #1062 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »
We arrived at Jack's Garage and only 4 visitors were still there. Tom Girardi, J.D. Tone, with his recently acquired '56 Ford two door hardtop,

an exact model of Carrol Miller's Bonneville car that he ran in '56 and '57, Warren Bullis, and Jim Ludiker, a biker that still has several

350 cc records that he ran in 1985 and the  Head Wrench, Jack Underwood. Jack lead the prayer session. I asked him for what he was praying

and he said, "that we would soon be leaving.

Then the GPS misfired and took us to San Berdoo and stopped in to drink and BS with Stan Back. This time Marlo prayed and when I asked

him for what he prayed he said, " that I didn't want to stay too long."

They are both waiting to see if their prayers were answered. Help for both of then can be provided at local prayer groups.

No pictures will be posted. The battery in the spy camera died. I forgot to charge it before I left home.

Other than not knowing how to shut the rental cars back window wiper off, we are doing fine without adult supervision.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1063 on: January 24, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
I'm sure you meant Karol Miller, the sensation of the '57 meet, who drove his 302 c.i. Y-block to Bonneville, made all runs over 148 MPH, and grabbed the C-Gas record at 150.097 MPH, and drove back home home to Houston!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Freud

« Reply #1064 on: January 24, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
PJ....THANKS.  Neither of us knew how to spell his name but Carol was not one of the options.

Marlo says it was a 312 c.i. but he did stun the crowd and no one saw under the hood.

We are going to see Isky's place this AM.

FREUD
Since '63