Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810740 times)

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1035 on: January 09, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
I hope you didn't take it as critisism Tom, I just took the chance to express my admiration of the target 550 project :cheers: :cheers:

[/quote]

Charlie,

I have studied the pictures in depth many times over the years. All I did was a quick view of all the pictures for a review of what has been accomplished. You are correct, if it was my first time looking at the pictures I would have been on the Target 550 site for days. Sometimes a refresh is good.  :-)  But I can only speak for myself. The amount of work that has been accomplished on this Streamliner in the last year is just incredible. I cannot wait for it to go down the track.

Tom G.
[/quote]

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1036 on: January 09, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Not at all Charlie, hope to meet you someday. Glad you like the build. All is good.  :-)

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #1037 on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »
As the "Target 550" car is disassembled and readied for its initial runs I thing I can speak for all of the "fans" of this project in that we can all appreciate the fantastic workmanship and design and I can say for myself that this build has truly set the standard for construction of land racing cars and I will use it as my guide, as I am sure many will, during the construction of my Bonneville, as meager as it may be when compared to this car. Like everyone I am waiting with
"anchovie on tongue" (that is "baited breath") to see this car turn its wheels in anger.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #1038 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »
One thing about it, they have the pictures to put it back together.
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline Freud

« Reply #1039 on: January 09, 2012, 10:07:04 PM »
If you  want to see the earliest posts, go to Marlo Treit's Liner post  in the build diary.

It started in 2007.

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,2747.0.html

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1040 on: January 09, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »
Just don't post in that segment.

Use this post area.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1041 on: January 15, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »
It seems that I have been missing my usual Friday Post schedule.

So we will have a post on Sunday Jan 15th. It shows the front section of the rotisserie that will allow the 43 feet long

monster to be rotated like a hot dog to get great access to the welds that need to be finished and the frame prep and

painting.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1042 on: January 15, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
Creative insomnia:  I got the update put together and on the T-550 server:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/156_rotisserie_clamps/index.html

Great stuff as usual.  I think Freud was right about the comparison of the rotisserie rings to the cost of an engagement ring.  It'll be another work of art from the guys in the shop.

Now I'm gonna go back to bed for a short (I hope) rest before gettin on with the rest of the day.

Btw, it's 44F here in Utah...but that's the warm front before the snowstorm.  I spose I otta be out doing the stuff I can before the storm hits...but sleep sounds a lot better at the moment.  :)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1043 on: January 15, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
This thing is destined to be in Greenfield Village, along with another famous 'liner!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1044 on: January 15, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
All I know is that it will be a lot easier to wipe my drool off the liner than to get it out of my keyboard!  :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Freud

« Reply #1045 on: January 15, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
THANK YOU, Ray.

I was still sleeping while you were contemplating it.

I think the builders should be listed in the Fine Art Gallery.

Where is the proper place for Marlo Treit?

He will be content to be in the FIA Record book.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1046 on: January 15, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
Woody, Thank You for your generous compliments.

It's a joy for me to be allowed to present this to all you gearheads.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline sailingadventure

• McCain Automotive
« Reply #1047 on: January 15, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »
I look forward to every up-date and the latest pictures, only the best of everything and the skill to build one of the best thought out cars I`ve ever seen. Like everyone else, I can`t wait to see it completed.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #1048 on: January 15, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
Thanks, SA.  Glad you're enjoying the build diary.  It's a lotta fun for me to put it together, cuz I get the first look (and a long look, as I'm preparing the web pages.)  I'm grateful to be a part of the team.

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #1049 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04:41 PM »
"This thing is destined to be in Greenfield Village, along with another famous 'liner!!"

SPARKY, you are right, but not untill it has gone blindingly fast, many times.  A fantastic machine, built by great people who are willing to share the best of the best.  Like everyone else, I really enjoy each update and look forward to seeing this wonderful machine run.

One problem with The Henry Ford Museum/Edison Instiute, is that they almost NEVER show whats under the skin.  They had one event with hoods up, and some skin off the cars, but this was for only a short period and has not been repeated.  Sad.  I was there three times for that event and learned something new each time.

I thank the entire Project 550 crew for sharing their creativity.
Rick