Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811289 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #990 on: December 25, 2011, 06:30:02 AM »
In post 100_003 it says new oil pans were necessary due to the engines being low in the chassis. Are these the same ones that were shown back in march? Just curious its a shame if they had to be rebuilt they looked perfect! We all know however that the new ones wont be any different.
Thank you all very much for the pictures and the posts I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Image 100_003 IS the image from March.  There's been no change (that I know of) in the oil pans except for polishing that was described in post 143 of 12/02/2011. 

If you saw it in the most recent post, you saw what I labeled "The year in review."  All of the images are taken from previous posts throughout 2011.  I'll have the 2nd one posted tomorrow, 12/26.  Right now, I'm gonna post our Christmas greetings.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #991 on: December 25, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
Merry Christmas from the Target 550 team.  Here's our Christmas card for ya:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/147_xmas_2011/145_001_jpg.html

Doc Freud's Christmas photo is a real kool one.  Here's a little teaser cropped out of it:

I hope everyone's Christmas is a great one and I look forward to seeing ya at the NW Reunion, on the salt and maybe at El Mirage.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:33:46 AM by RayTheRat »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #992 on: December 25, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »
The "Host Gator" said page not found so I did a little investigating and came up with this.

http://www.target550.com/gallery/147_xmas_2011/145_001_jpg.html

When I go back and compare I see that if you pick from the second "http" onward you'll get the desired result. Technology's great.......................when it works.

Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year Ray and Freud!

Pete
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:20:13 AM by Peter Jack »

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #993 on: December 25, 2011, 10:35:04 AM »
Thanks for the catch, Peter.  I must have double-clicked when I entered the url.  I've edited it and it works now.  Life in the software lane.  :)

Offline Freud

« Reply #994 on: December 25, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »
Doris and I want to say Merry Christmas. We will let New Years Day take care of itself.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #995 on: December 26, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »
The 2nd part of "The Year in Review" is on the server now:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/148_year_in_review_02/index.html

It covers posts 103 through 113.  I could ramble on at length about each photo, but instead, I'll suggest that you go check 'em out for yourselves.  I enjoyed putting these together; I think you'll enjoy seeing 'em.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #996 on: December 26, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »
Thanks for the post Ray. IMO this picture shows the raw horsepower this machine will have, double wall headers, mostly only seen on TF/FC's.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #997 on: December 27, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »
Thanks for the post Ray. IMO this picture shows the raw horsepower this machine will have, double wall headers, mostly only seen on TF/FC's.

Tom G.

Glad you're enjoying 'em, Tom.  I agree about the impression of brute power as seen from the headers.  As I recall, they weren't real easy to build. 

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode, coming up next after a word from our sponsors.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #998 on: December 27, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »
Hello again from the Target 550 fabrication site.  Today we're gonna look at posts 114 thru 122.  There are too many things to describe individually, so I'll just mention a few: Wheel enclosures, windshield, compressed air tube routing. wheel fairings and a lot more.

Here's a shot of the connection side of the instrument/control panel. It illustrates some of the plumbing and tube routing involved in the liner's construction.  Did I mention that everything is controlled by air, hydraulics or mechanical activation?  No electronics involved.  Refer to the KISS principle.  :)

http://www.target550.com/gallery/149_year_in_review_03/index.html

Offline Freud

« Reply #999 on: December 27, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »
For the people that haven't been to the salt and haven't seen the Suburban with the

Rat holding a camera, painted in the side window, here is my Hero Rat, Ray Therat.

He's been there. He's done that and he continues to make frequent posts from the build diary.

Meet   Ray Therat.

FREUD
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:42:25 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline sabat

« Reply #1000 on: December 27, 2011, 11:43:26 PM »
Great photo. Happy new year and thanks to you both. Dean

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1001 on: December 28, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
Thanks for the good words and the kool photo, Doc.  Stand by for today's edition of the Year in Review.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1002 on: December 28, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
Today's part of the Year in Review covers posts 123-128.  Doesn't seem like much, but a lotta stuff happened at that time...even though Speedweek took place during that period and Freud and I were both on the salt for the duration:  Master cylinders, brakes, more wheel fairing work, oil tanks and lines and pressurizing the frame tubes...and more.

Here's a teaser shot that shows Dave Jeffers trying to make something smooth by rubbing it against something rough.  :)

Here's the link:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/150_year_in_review_04/index.html

Have fun,

Offline Freud

« Reply #1003 on: December 29, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
Ray Therat has posted another summary but it's not going to show up on Landracing.com.

Have a look.

http://target550.com/gallery/151_year_in_review_05/index.html

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #1004 on: December 29, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »
Here's a photo from the latest post that shows some parts that were to be sent for anodizing.  They had a sorta interesting trip. 

Maybe Freud can give you the lowdown on their journey...I know that if I try to explain it, I'll get it wrong.