Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811629 times)

Offline jdincau

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #975 on: December 10, 2011, 06:55:13 AM »
Tell me about a "scattershield cover"...
You mean the one that goes over that big hole in the top for adjusting the fingers and counterweights?
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Freud

« Reply #976 on: December 10, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
In post 144_018 ( the most recent one) it is the piece laying on the bench to the right of the shield.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #977 on: December 10, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »
... post 144_018...
Now I'm really confused :?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Freud

« Reply #978 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:02 AM »
If you ever follow the build diary for Target550.com there is a picture that has a cover in it.

Go to:  http://www.target550.com/gallery/144_clutch_%20roll_cage_buck/144_018_jpg.html

There you will see the cover that needs to be replaced.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #979 on: December 12, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
Thanks; I'd never heard it referred to as a "cover".

Maybe you can save me searching the rulebook: my SFI (out-of-date) clutch can has the chrome-moly "spinnable" liner- is the liner required in SCTA? Must the can's SFI be up-to-date?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #980 on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »
Apparently the answer is "no", per info in another thread. Thanks anyway.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #981 on: December 15, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »
... post 144_018...
Now I'm really confused :?

Here's the way we keep track of things for the T-550 website:  Each post we make has a number. In this case, the post number was 144.  Then each photo has a sequence number, again in this case the photo number was 18.  I give it 3 digits just in case we have a gigantic post with more than 99 photos.

What I can do to try to make this a little easier to deal with is put the post number in the description on the main page and on the photo gallery page.  So last week's post would read "12/09/2011 - 144: Clutch cover, roll cage buck and new clutch can covers."  'Course then some goofball will ask "what does the 144 mean?"...even if it's painfully obvious that the number is sequential and increments with each successive post.  I guess I worked in software development too long.  

Anyway, unless otherwise preempted, I'll start this with the first post of the new year.

Hope everyone's having a great holiday season (gotta be PC, yanno?)

Offline Freud

« Reply #982 on: December 16, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
It's a small post but it covers a necessary fix on the scatter shield.

http://www.target550.com/gallery/145_scatter_shields_modified/index.html

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #983 on: December 23, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »
2011 in review, part 1.

Freud's had a buncha stuff on his plate lately so what I'm gonna do is present a look back at what went on with the Target 550 team, its members and the progress made on the liner during the year.

For the first section, which starts at the beginning (I think Alice said something like that when she visited Wonderland,) I'm gonna insert a photo of the man responsible for the project, without whose vision and concepts this just wouldn't be happening.  Here's a photo of Marlo Treit:

And here's the link to the post:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/146_year_in_review_01/index.html 

A couple of things that I'll mention here.  First, I made the changes a little early so that the post number is on the main (index) page and the gallery page.  So when you see the link to the first post of the year, it'll be identified as number 85.  I didn't include anything from that post, because I think everybody's tired of seeing my shot of the sunset during 2010 Speedweek as the first image on the gallery page.  Other than that, this post includes photos from posts made early in the year.  Second, I've left Freud's original text embedded in the images which sometimes refer to other posts or images.  You can use the post number that now precedes the description to find 'em a little easier.

Finally, there are WAY too many images to include in a single post.  So they'll be spread over the coming days as the year draws to a close.

Enjoy,

Offline Freud

« Reply #984 on: December 23, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »
Ray, I really owe you.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #985 on: December 23, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »
Ray,

Thanks for the great post, and for helping Freud out.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #986 on: December 23, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »
As much enjoyment as our audience receives from these posts is remarkable.

The joy that we receive from presenting this build diary is beyond any expectation we ever anticipated.

For Marlo, Jim Hume, Jason Hosking, Les Davenport, Dave Jeffers, Ray Therat and myself,

THANKS beyond our power to express.

It's much closer to completion. The effort still goes on.

Stay with us and we will soon have a test program underway.

Now I am looking forward to Ray's posts to conclude 2011.

Thanks, Rat.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #987 on: December 23, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »
It's an honor to be part of the Target 550 team and an honor to be part of the LSR community.  I only have one regret.  I wish I'd started this...ohhh....about 1971 when I came back from Europe where I served in the military.  Last year's "learning experience" showed me how steep the learning curve is.  But I've had a lotta help.  Freud's been unbelievably helpful with photography, and it was Marlo, Dick Milne and Korey Bligh who helped get my race car to the point where I could make the runs that I did (and then back to the pits and on the trailer after I broke it.)  I think I'm the one who owes people favors and stuff. 

Anyway, there will be another post soon.  I'm not sayin when, cuz I don't really know.  But it won't be more than a coupla daze.  :)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #988 on: December 23, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »
No, the thanks goes to you guys and the Target 550 guys for sharing. Your engineering and craftsmanship is beyond anything me and my guys could ever execute, but by reading and looking at the photos we are able to raise our fab work skills a little bit. Thanks to FREUD and Ray for the documentation. I really enjoy the updates. 

Happy Holidays.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline mc1984ss

« Reply #989 on: December 24, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »
In post 100_003 it says new oil pans were necessary due to the engines being low in the chassis. Are these the same ones that were shown back in march? Just curious its a shame if they had to be rebuilt they looked perfect! We all know however that the new ones wont be any different.
Thank you all very much for the pictures and the posts I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!