Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810988 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #840 on: September 05, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
Since the Granite Falls Manufacturing program is cleared for their entry into World of Speed, here is a

little bit of background about them.

The url:  http://www.target550.com/gallery/130_granite_falls/index.html

Read it and compare to your high school days.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #841 on: September 05, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »
Since the Granite Falls Manufacturing program is cleared for their entry into World of Speed, here is a

little bit of background about them.

The url:  http://www.target550.com/gallery/130_granite_falls/index.html

FREUD

SSS, Jon hope you can do some photos and follow up on any runs of the great HS project.
Thanks

Glen (speedtimer)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #842 on: September 05, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »
Doc,

Will you be traveling with the team to WOS?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #843 on: September 05, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
I'm sorry that I won't be there. Even at an advancing age I haven't figured out a way to go all the places

that I want to all the time.

I'll miss this one and I hate it. It's easy to get attached to this group and I'd enjoy celebrating their achievements.

I think Kent Singleton, Alternate Fuel Coordinator, and Monte Widdeson, Tech Inspection for USFRA need a great amount

of recognition for working with Michael Werner on this unique project. Believe me, this car fits no category in any rulebook

but that situation has been over come as a result of the efforts of these two men.

If you are at WoS, go meet Michael and the students. It will be worth your while.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #844 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:03 AM »
We will truly miss you Freud.  We do have a T2011 t-shirt for you though - special order by Marlo  :-D   the car is different in the fact it was built for MPG not MPH.

After the initial idea to bring HS students and their car to Bonneville during WOS 2008 it is needless to say we are very excited  -  stay tuned for pictures.

Thank you Kent, Monte and Freud and the LSR community.......
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #845 on: September 09, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
I'll be there on Monday with my cameras in hand.  I look forward to meeting the team members and doing some photo coverage of the GFHS effort.  Look for the exhausted old fart with the red Suburban, black Monte Carlo and bags under his eyes from the last 10 days of pre-event thrashing.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #846 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »

FREUD

Haha! That's nothing like my high school days- wish it were!

What a cool project! Good luck Granite Falls! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #847 on: September 09, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »
Good luck Ray and Granite Falls HS. You've both put in the time and effort and deserve a reward for your efforts.

Pete

Offline Freud

« Reply #848 on: September 09, 2011, 10:28:23 PM »
Ray has really been busy.

Know how I know?

There's still salt on the tail pipe and inside the fender.

Ray, Marlo will give you a care package.

Sorry I let you down. I'd love to be there.

I owe you B I G  T I M E.

I'm running late. I don't have my next post ready for Target550.com. It will probably be Saturday AM (PDT) before it is posted.

It describes the dyno test that was done by Les Davenport last month on the engine for the 'liner.

FREUD
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:42:22 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #849 on: September 10, 2011, 12:40:57 AM »
.....and the paint is dry, ready for stickers

T-4 Days  :-D
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline Freud

« Reply #850 on: September 11, 2011, 12:53:00 AM »
I take it all back about the next post. I went to Granite Falls today with Marlo Treit and Dick Milne to pick up the

Urban Concept car that will run at WOS this week.

Lets get the verbage and the concept correct. This is not a race car. It is a performance vehicle but the goal is MPG

not MPH. It looks like a race car, it demands time like a race car, it's never finished on time, like a race car and it

goes in the trailer unfinished just like a race car.

"We will finish it down there."  Ever heard that before?  Several small things were left undone as it rolled up the

loading ramps into the trailer. Once the rear door was closed I am certain that Michael Werner, the teacher and project

director had to turn his thoughts to the large amount of supplies, suitcases, miscellaneous untitled items and a bus load

of students for whom he will be responsible on their first trip to the Land of Oz.

A severely malfunctioning Dzuz button had to be fixed. An adjustment to the chain that required extra spacers and new

longer bolts all on a Saturday afternoon that was sliding off toward evening. Bless Ace Hardware and an open account for the

school project. The bolts were there in a blink blink and the engine was secured with the proper chain adjustment.

The foto shoot was done as fast as possible. Get the images before any unexpected happenings occur that scratch the

stickies off.  Roll it in the trailer, after the needed boards were located so that extended tail doesn't drag.

Boxes and boxes of supplies, too much tongue weight but "we gotta go" dictated the next step.

Two blasts on the horn was the signal on the railroad that the train was leaving. Dickie was too busy to honk the horn.

The dream of the Manufacturing Class was out of their sight for the first time this school year but they don't leave Sea Tac until

early Tuesday morning for a scheduled arrival around noon Tuesday.

I just hope Lynda is the one to greet them.  Lynda, if you are the greeter, get them out of the van, ask them which one has the camera

and do a foto of them before the bottom of their shoes get white. Just remember, many of the fotos at a wedding are done before the

ceremony and this is as important to them since none of them are married. Debbie Werner will be in that van. Ask for her and she will make

certain that it will be "done at Lands End as it would be in heaven."

I have misty eyes knowing that I won't be there to see our new group of members taken in to the Church of The Salt.

I wish them the best. I know it will be an experience unlike anything they have ever known.

Doris, just get me some Kleenex.

old FREUD

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:55:07 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #851 on: September 11, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
FREUD,

Alas, my sadness runs deep at the moment.....I don't work WOS, so I won't be there to get those critical "Before" pictures.  I hope they take the time to take that photograph because, as we all know, life as they knew it will never look, feel, or smell the same again!!!

Good luck to the Granite Falls team!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #852 on: September 11, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
I am sure they will take their own photos and have the memories of our great salt flats and understand the meaning of being there the 1st time. This has to be an awesome adventure for them. What they will experience should be put in words by them and posted on this great web site after they return home. What ever the outcome it will have a meaning and bragging rights that will make other students wish they were part of it.  :-)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #853 on: September 11, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »
Lynda, just having feeling for them is like a blessing.

Thanks for the reply.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #854 on: September 11, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
This group reminds me of the Hudson Boys   YEARS ago. Probably 35+ years.

I did a foto of them with their mentor, Ed Iskendarian.

Each student probably still has that picture.

Now they have achieved Red Hats.

Congratulations, Hudson Boys.

You have company as students on the Salt.

You need to meet them and include them in your group: like Big Brothers.

FREUD
Since '63