Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811507 times)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »
Do research on oil filter particle size and you will find that particles in the 3-5 micron range (0.000118-0.000196") are what you want to filter.

Oberg's website says the screen in the filter is 60 micron. That will keep out the birds and rocks. Not much else.

It could be that wear isn't a concern for the short life of the engines.

So what is the filter solution on the liner?
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:40 PM »
I use an Oberg in the return line to check for trash after each run
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »
Freud,

I would like to take time to personally Thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into this project over the years. The hours you have devoted to this project are countless. About once a week you travel to Jim's shop from your home, to spend the day taking photos of what you think we might be interested in seeing. Then taking long hours editing the photos, adding captions to them, assorting them into zip files, and saving them for future use, or to post on Target 550. Then you put a teaser on this site or just let it be known there is a new post for all to see on Target 550.

Your dedication, effort and skill with a camera, rivals the skills of the Craftsmen building the car. You have provided us with more detail, than anyone could have ever imagined, or asked for. This build has inspired many people, but it has only been possible because of you. You have taken us on a journey with your eye for detail through your Camera. Your pictures say it all. Thank you for sharing this exciting adventure with all of us, it is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #408 on: December 06, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
Thanks fellows for the kind words. Desotoman have you been following me?

I enjoy the project. My wife and I agree; it takes time. She cuts me an enormous amount of slack.

Now about two items that are being discussed:

The Oil filters...........They are being plumbed into the system. I profess to know nothing about them. In my opinion

all I need to do is to show what is being done. I respect Rex so very much. I haven't answered him because I haven't

asked either Marlo or Jim about them. All I know is where they have been mounted and what plumbing is required. That's

what I have reported. When I have the opportunity I will post a reply that is "fed" to me. Their judgement can always be questioned

but it doesn't involve me in any way unless they replace them and I don't have the opportunity to document the change.

The two threads devoted to the streamliner..... In July, 2007 I first started to post on the site. In July 2009 we had a problem with page 23.

Everything went tilt. Bob, the web master for SSS, worked endlessly in an attempt to correct the problem. As I recall he was not granted

access to the server that he would have needed to find the source of the problem. I had several emails and a fone call from him as he tried

to solve it and He explained his difficulties to me .  So in Reply 353 on the original post, Marlo Treit's Liner, I said that from then on

all of the posts would be done in a new thread, TREITS STREAMLINER.  There have been several posts in that thread since then but the

majority have been done in this thread. Had we deleted the original thread all of the history and fotos that I had entered would have been lost.

That's how there happened to be two threads.

It seems to me that if this was keeping someone from being able to post their story SSS would have either had the original thread

eliminated or asked me to quit posting because of the amount of space we have occupied on Landracing.com. Neither of these have

happened. If there is confusion because of two different threads try to remember to go to the TREITS STREAMLINER thread.

It is the most current.

If you ask me a question and I don't reply......ride my Bone A S S.    drfreud99@aol.com

If you don't like the way the site is run contact SSS.

If you don't understand, ask your grandkid to explain it to you.

End of the discussion.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline debgeo

« Reply #409 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:52 PM »
AMEN :cheers:
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #410 on: December 07, 2010, 10:57:59 AM »
I was going to buy a Kindle or an Ipad so I could read books. But I didn't.

I couldn't find a book that reads better than this one.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
I tried posting to respond to JD Tone yesterday -- but the 2 feet of snow we've received in the past day or two must have been the reason I couldn't get my response out.  Freud's right about why two threads.  As for taking up too much room on the site/server -- I guess I'd know it if that had happened, or was close to happening.  Nothing from Dan P. on that yet, no increased monthly prices because we're taking up so much room.

There is a way to post multiple photos on a single post on the Forum - and it doesn't take up mush space.  I do it all the time at a race event, by storing the photos at Photobucket and just putting an automatic link to that site on the Forum post.  But since there's already a site for the streamliner -- there's no big need to ask Freud or Ray to do extra duty to put the photos on landracing.com.

Thanks for looking at the Forum, everyone.  I'm going to go shovel snow for a while. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
hovel sno?   Whats that Jon? lololol
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2010, 12:41:05 PM »
  Oberg makes different micron screens, call them or go online..............  I have run both Obergs and System One mesh filters, but I also run a WiX Nascar (two Quart) canister between the Dry Sump pressure stage and the inlet to the block.................  I only open the wix after the race unless I find something odd in the screen filter ( where does lint and silicon come from?  Maybe lost socks.........). :- :-
Bob Drury

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
I tried posting to respond to JD Tone yesterday -- but the 2 feet of snow we've received in the past day or two must have been the reason I couldn't get my response out.  Freud's right about why two threads.  As for taking up too much room on the site/server -- I guess I'd know it if that had happened, or was close to happening.  Nothing from Dan P. on that yet, no increased monthly prices because we're taking up so much room.

There is a way to post multiple photos on a single post on the Forum - and it doesn't take up mush space.  I do it all the time at a race event, by storing the photos at Photobucket and just putting an automatic link to that site on the Forum post.  But since there's already a site for the streamliner -- there's no big need to ask Freud or Ray to do extra duty to put the photos on landracing.com.

Thanks for looking at the Forum, everyone.  I'm going to go shovel snow for a while. . .
I commented on the 2 thread thing a while back. I fully understand why and suggested making both threads a "sticky" and locking the original thead but still have access to read. Never understood why that can't be done.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline dw230

« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
Why are there two separate threads about this car. And, why are there two separte posts asking about two separate threads?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »
Scroll up a few posts, Dan, and you'll see the story.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2010, 11:45:40 PM »
Remember racers, the two men who are having the most trouble understanding the two threads

for Treit's 'liner are the authorized SCTA inspectors for record setting cars.

Good Luck.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2010, 11:56:56 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #419 on: December 08, 2010, 10:54:18 AM »
The jolly olde elves of the Target 550 reporting team have another mid-week post. This one goes back to 2006 when the liner was being transported from the Skunk Works to its home in Oregon to have its carrier fitted.

You can see what things looked like 4 years ago. The bogey wheels on it look really goofy, but they worked to get it into the trailer...one real big trailer.

Doc Freud busted his butt to get these done last nite. He's on his way to get fresh photos for this week's post today. He's one hard worker!

http://www.target550.com/gallery/75_young_liner_goes_to_its_home/index.html