Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811717 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
Salt, this thread remains active. Ray and I post on here whenever we add to www.target550.com.

I have been able to post more fotos on target550.com, easier than on here because of the size and number limit.

SSS has been so receptive and we appreciate it. Jon Amo started out first diary a long time ago and I feel that we

owe Landracing.com a major THANK YOU. In return, our other posts are always announced on Landracing.com.

I know that we are small as far as some of the diaries but it does keep SSS's site slightly smaller.

SIZE DOES COUNT.

To everyone that has followed this build for a long time, trust me. The end is in sight. It will be finished in a reasonable time and

when it is, we will keep everyone informed. With Jason and Dave contributing progress is doing well.

Marlo is as interested in seeing this completed as much as ANYONE.  So, hang in there with the project. It will be exciting

as the next year passes.  We do have some surprises in store..........I promise.

For Marlo, Hume, Jason and Dave,

Thanks for taking the ride with us.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »
Since '63

Offline Geo

« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »
Freud,

Thanks to you and the crew for bring us along!

Geo

Offline Freud

« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »
Another Friday and another post.

I was just told by Ray Therat that we have new fotos and info posted on www.target550.com

One of the huge parts of this build is the tail section skin. Jason Hosking has turned the corner

and is now working on the right side of the car. The left is done, except riveting the skin,

and he is now finishing the right side. Dave Jeffers has finished the blower belt shields.

Welcome and THANKS for your support.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Geo

« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2010, 08:13:38 PM »
Freud,

Can you provide more info on the line building.  What line components are being  used for the steel lines?  Square cut sleeve on the ends, assembly tools, etc.  Perhaps a manufacturers website.

Thanks,

Geo

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »
Is there anything on that car that isn`t perfect?? O.K.  Back to beating my mill...whack-whack :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Freud

« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »
Ever go to a movie and get a surprise sneak preview?

That's happened this week.  We are presenting a small post in the middle of the week.

I mentioned recently that it would be enjoyable to have more than one post a week.

This is our first time.  Maybe you can remember another first time.

You will have to pay attention because I never know what day we will have a post but you can always

expect a Friday or Saturday entry.

For the entire crew I say "Thanks for your interest."

If you are going to World Finals, have a blast and stay dry.

FFREUDD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
Geo.......Thanks for the question.

All of the lines are 3/16 stainless with, as I remember, 0.035" wall.  From what I saw, the ends are flared. Jim has a tubing holder

attached to a large vertical log. When the tubing is cut to length he uses a tapered tool and cleans and bevels the inside of the

tube. Then he clamps it in the holder and flares the end with a tool similar to a copper tube flaring tool. He hopes he remembered

to slip the fitting on first.

Just today I shot some images of the finished and mounted tubing for the air shifters and the fire suppression system. These images

will be included in post number 64.

Your question has just suggested to me that I do a video regarding the tubing. I have excellent access to Jim Hume but I will wait

until a time when I'm not making a huge interruption in his day. Then after it is filmed I'll have to get someone to help me with the

editing of the video. My grand daughter, Rose Halcomb, did the Hume interviews for me but she is in college in Spokane, WA and I am in

Everett. This will be a good reason to go see her.

Thanks for the question because I need to add something extra to the site.  How about if I promise it in the next month?

Will that sooth your savage desire?

Thanks to all of you for your interest and your patience as I plod along, guided by Ray Therat, web elf, and Marlo Treit, the purveyor of the unusual.

Geo, check your PM.

FREUD

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:36:59 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »
Folks, I have been posting in the Build Diary section for over 3 years.

It has been most enjoyable. The interest in Treit's streamliner is very high.

www.Target550.com  has had just short of  one and a half MILLION hits since  January.

The number of posts has slowed down on www.Landracing.com because I just can't satisfy two

lovers.

This is not about Target550.com or The Treit Streamliner thread on Landracing.com.

I want to congratulate a pair of privateers who feed us with regularity.

John and Troy Langlo     ji222 and bvilllercr on the site:

Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)

Recently they have been awarded a secure listing at the TOP OF THE BUILD DIARY. How does this happen?

With 133059 views they had passed a very deserving DrGoggle and his Down Under lakester post.

I know what it takes to feed your voracious appetites regarding people with accomplishments and the patience to do the fotos, the post

and also the preparation of a d a m n e d fast race car.

All I can say is, Folks, enjoy their post. Read with understanding, appreciate their multi level talents and express your sincere congratulations

to a family team that tells us of their successes and their problems with all honesty.

There are no 6 figure sponsorships adding to their program. This is down and dirty racing with results that are always just a red puttsen hare

short of their goals but they comeback with confidence and determination that examplifies Hot Rodding at the 2010 level and it's all

accomplished by the sacrifices from their immediate family. 

When u are on the salt, stop by and Thank them for me. They are at a level beyond most racers dreams.

John and Troy..........I Love you, I respect you and I congratulate you.

Go "get 'em next time."  300 MPH in the first mile, in third gear.

My assurance; Dan will never find the beer in the intercooler because it will be gone before you get to impound.

We will replenish your needs at The Kilo Club.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline jl222

« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2010, 01:49:42 AM »

Wow--Thanks Freud, much appreciated from the whole family :cheers:

JL222

P.S. were putting more beer and ice in the cool tank :-D

Offline Freud

« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2010, 02:00:28 AM »
This message is for   FLOYDJER

If you can get accepted  for Public Health intervention, they can register you in an

ANGER MANAGEMENT Program at Public Expense.

Your machinery may be old enough to be in the Antique Registry and protecting it

from your violence could well be in the pubic interest.

Take your medicine and don't drive at night.

It's OK to work on your car when you are buzzed but if the build diary sets you off,

read about Lindsay Lohan and then you will have a legitimate reason to get violent.

Even a female judge would understand that.

PRAY FOR GOOD SALT.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »

Folks, I have been posting in the Build Diary section for over 3 years.

Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)

Recently they have been awarded a secure listing at the TOP OF THE BUILD DIARY. How does this happen?

With 133059 views they had passed a very deserving DrGoggle and his Down Under lakester post.

FREUD

Doc,

Numbers are interesting, and can tell different stories depending on how you use them. For pure views you are 100% correct.

Now if you take into consideration how may posts have been made on each build diary things change considerably. Every time someone posts on a build diary people will naturally see what they have to say and what is new. So more posts equal more views usually.

Here are the results for views divided by posts.

Langlo's have 96.46 views per post.

Doc Googles have 101.97 view per post.

Combining your two build diary's you have 122.62 views per post.

Just an observation.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »

looking at the bigger picture of the starter
button in target550.com has got me thinking a lot
of small parts could end up inside the engine.

maybe not.

franey
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:55:12 PM by saltwheels262 »
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Freud

« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »
Rest easy franey..........

I did this foto Tuesday. Dave won't have to hold it when they start the engine. The welds are strong.

They lucked out when they chose that mounting position.

It would be difficult for that piece to get to the outside of the body and thru the duct into the blower.

If it went in the engine, it's a small piece and Jim could easily make a new one.

The hole is for an oil gage. Even if they can't hear the engine running they can see if it has oil pressure.

In this case it's better to be lucky than misguided.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline jdincau

« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
Freud,
     My guess is that Franey thinks that is an assembled runner of an engine that the dish full of FOD is sitting on.
Jim
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!