Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810863 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
A great day at Hume's shop today. Les Davenport dropped in for a visit and to accomplish a few things.

The foam mold for the drivers seat was blown, a discussion about the high speed parachutes, measurements of the canopy and it's frame so it can be transported to Les' shop prior to the forming of the windshield and lunch at the ACME Cafe.

Jason left early to go to Seattle where he will run the Rock and Roll Marathon tomorrow.

It was a diversified day but most enjoyable.

My computer may be back from the hospital tomorrow. If so, some of to days images will be

posted.

Film at `11.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2010, 10:49:59 PM »
Ray Therat has struck. He explained how Rufus arrived at my house.

Check it out :  http://www.target550.com/gallery/46_rufus_the_new_press_truck/index.html

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2010, 12:57:40 AM »
LIFE is usually only as good as your friends  I feel priviledged to know you 2  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2010, 01:50:02 AM »
It's pretty obvious that Rufus is where he belongs. Well done guys!!! :-D :-D :-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Freud

« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
Todays post on www.target550.com shows the entire length of the car without body panels.

It should allow you to have an idea of the relationship of the drive elements, the cockpit

area and the tail section.

Enjoy........and HAPPY JULY 4th

FREUD
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:44:20 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2010, 02:25:21 AM »
Good work as usual Freud. That makes everything absolutely clear. Your documentation has truly added to the project. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2010, 02:43:38 AM »
I'll add a +1 to yer comment, Pete.  That series really put things into perspective with regard to how it all fits together from the front to the back.

I know there have been a lotta build diaries done, but I wonder if there's been one that's as detailed and as regularly updated as this one.  This has been a long project (well before I came on board) and there are still some things yet to be divulged, but it seems to go a lot further than most diaries.  Meh.  I could just be typing in my sleep, too.  Yonder bed beckons.  I must answer the siren's call. 

G'nite

Offline Freud

« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
It is a distinct pleasure to present this diary. One thing I have noticed is how thrilled Hume is to have

Jason Hosking and Dave Jeffers working with him. If their frequent chat sessions could be filmed, it would be

a 5th year college level course. With the input of three people, tough problems seem to rapidly melt away.

Marlo, Jim and Les are all anxious for this to be completed but only at the level of quality that has been held

since day one. At times my distorted view is that Hume doesn't really care if it's ever completed. Where else is

he going to be presented with a project like this?

Over and over I recall the prophetic words of Rex Schimmer:

" Ever notice that as you seem to be getting closer to being done
 the list of "details" just keeps getting longer! "

Stainless says if the build is going too fast, just raise the quality.

Marlo and Hume will likely wash out my mouth with FELS NAPTHA soap for this post, but they will have to

pull me out from under Rufus to do it.

Film at 11.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2010, 12:25:02 PM »
Did anyone notice that all of the photos on project 550 had to be water marked. Seems as FR decided to use them on another site. This is normal for him to use other peoples work and brag about how great he is, of course that's his opinion. In most case's most people will send you copies of their photos just for asking. In his case he just steals them and posts them where ever he wants. It does no good to ask him to stop or remove you from his e-mail list. I hope all of you block him and not reply to his rants.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:20:32 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:01 PM »
Glen, you are absolutely correct. It added another step to Ray's work.

He's busy enough that he didn't need any other steps in the posting but he is always there

with the answers.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2010, 12:31:35 PM »
BTW, he just posted a picture of Cajun Kids interior regarding SCTA and lack of rules for leg box's. BTW, it is on the land-speed auto-x site. Just thought you all would like to know what he is doing.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #266 on: July 03, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »
Well, FR was the original reason for doing the watermarks.  He didn't actually "steal" any images from us, but I thought it prudent to add 'em.  Just like locks, they keep honest people honest....nothing more.

It doesn't take too much longer to add 'em.  I just load all the images into PSP and run a watermarking script I wrote and save 'em.  Not too bad.

I've been out working on the Burb's A/C clutch and belt idler pulleys.  They were making an awful racket when first started up.  I think I got that done.  

Yesterday I shot a whole buncha photos at a car show (one of the bigger ones in state) and I gotta get 'em edited before I start shooting the ALMS race at Miller's on Thursday. I better get to work.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:36:32 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
I just posted an update to the Target550 web site:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/48_several_different_areas_of_work/index.html

In this one, driver Les Davenport gets fitted for seat belts, etc and a seat insert is made.  There's also some work on the shifter module and the front torque tube.

I gotta make it short, so I'm outta here.

Enjoy,

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »
It's Friday again.  Where did the week go?  Anyway, that means it's time for another Target 550 update:
http://www.target550.com/gallery/49_instrument_panel_and_riveting_etc/index.html

The first photo alone is worth the price of admission.  It shows the engine-turned instrument panel and explains many of the controls.  Some panel riveting work is shown and there are some photos of anodizing work done by Production Plating, Inc, in Mukilteo, Wa.  Real nice work.  But my favorite is still the instrument panel.  As Freud wrote, that prepares it for the concours d'elegance. 

Enjoy,

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
Watching this build is like watching a modern day Michelangelo at work.  Thanks for keeping the updates going. Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”