Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810972 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Charlie.  I feel the same way when I see the photos and post 'em on the website.  The guys who are building the liner are, in my eyes, fine artists who just happen to be using race car materials to create their art. 

I know Freud will convey your nice comments to Jim, Jason and Dave...and everybody else who's had a hand in the construction. 

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:58 PM »
Jim Hume is an artist in other areas as well and all of his work is awesome.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »
Charlie and all the others.....................

I generally go to Hume's on Tuesday and stop  before I get there for our "Board Meeting" that I
share with some gear heads. When I get to Hume's place I look at the car to see what has changed.
Sometimes there seems like a lot to shoot. Other times the progress is slow and I have to search
for a story.
Right now Jason has small tasks that he is doing and Dave is removing parts that will go to be
powder coated. With the tanks out of the chassis, it opens up areas that haven't seen light for a few years. This gives me the opportunity to show views from the past. I'll go to the powder coaters with the parts before long.
Jim was working on the fire extinguisher access doors for the back engine. They have been anodized, reassembled and reinstalled.
Marlo will be up from Oregon today. I'll go back to Hume's with him this AM. So our post this week will include the fasteners for the wheel covers, the coupler on the segmented driveshaft, the belt drive for power from the drive shaft to the center section, and modifications to the torque tube.

We want to THANK all of you for your interest in the project. On www.target550.com, in a month we have viewers in 25 - 27 countries. Since January of this year we have had 900,000 hits on the site. Apparently, the effort on this end and the magnificent guidance and assistance from Ray the Rat is being noticed.

THANX again,

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
a few more comments like that and he may not be able to get his eyes to focus or he will get a crick in his neck  from trying to lie down at night  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2010, 01:52:27 AM »
The Rat and Marlo made this a marvelous day for me.

They delivered Rufus.

Go to the news section of www.target550.com to meet Rufus.

My wife is no where as excited about Rufus as am I.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2010, 01:54:01 AM »
There's a little bit of news on the Official Press Vehicle for the Target 500 team.  I'm in Seattle and...well, you could sorta say that Marlo and I have been conspiring to provide a surprise for Freud.  We pulled it off today.  I flew in (and boy are my arms...oh, never mind) and met Marlo and Dick Milne who had ol Rufus, my Model A pickup on a trailer...and things just worked out so that we were at Freud's place with it when he drove up.  You might say that he was caught off guard:

Then he sorta came unglued when he saw Rufus with the official team lettering on it:

After the hootin and hollerin settled down to a mild roar, we took a bit of a trip to Jim Hume's shop where we caught Hume along with Dave and Jason hard at work.  We put a screechin halt to that.  I got a lotta photos...and also got totally exhausted.  But I lived to tell about it and after a little work on Doc's computer, I'm headin for bed.

It was a pretty kool day.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
Ray,

How cool is that? Very cool indeed. Has Freud's feet touched the ground yet? Or is he still on cloud 550?
Glad you and Marlo with the help of Dick could pull a fast one on the Master.

Congratulations to all involved.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Geo

« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
It put a smile on my face, just seeing the smile on his face!  :-D

Way to go guys.

Geo

Online Stan Back

« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
I think I detected some ocular moisture -- which would be real unusual for the old fart.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Online theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
 :? :? :? :- :?o    THAT's a smile ?????????    Yoweeeee!
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Freud

« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2010, 12:42:22 AM »
OK everyone.........................

get your digs in on me now. I may not be very accessible for a while, now that I got wheels.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2010, 12:50:11 AM »
Doc,

What happened to the Moon Discs that were on Rufus?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2010, 01:18:10 AM »
Doc,

What happened to the Moon Discs that were on Rufus?

Tom G.

I still got 'em.  They were a gift from a very special (deceased) friend (Ken Boyd, for any Aston Martin fanatics who might know the name.)  I can't bring myself to give 'em up.

Doc came to visit me at my motel since I gotta leave early...very early.  I can't begin to express my thanks to him for his tutelage in photography as well as his ever-to-be-cherished friendship.  Brett Kepner put it very well at tho 2010 NW Reunion: "Bonneville means Love."  Simple as that.  

I know this is a repeat, but I feel very, very blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life.  Besides...it's not everyday that ya get to hug a dear friend as he's sobbing with joy and emotion.  Made me pretty damned misty-eyed, too.

Ray the (sentimental) Rat

ps.  Spent most of the day at the Museum of Flight.  Toadly Ossum.  I've got some photos that are going on FaceBook but I'll preview a couple here.

First a MIG-17, then an overhead shot of the WWII fighter exhibit (hand-held at 1/2 second shutter speed) then a German dive-bomber (I think it's a Messerschmitt) and a Goodyear (!?!) FG-1D Corsair...all shot hand-held with available light.  I never would have been able to get these shots without Freud's mentoring.

Offline Freud

« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
Believe me, the Rat is eminentally capable of shooting those images w/o my advice.

All I said was, "You don't have much time. Look at the airplanes, not the women."

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
I find that hard to belive  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!