Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811727 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2010, 11:37:13 PM »
A learning experience would be walking behind those hard bodies in your avatar.

Are they your daughters, your wife and two ex's or the girls at the car wash?

I observed similar scenes on the grid at the Gran Prix Motorcycle races in Europe.

Maybe you accomplished a green card for some of those hotties.

And u chose a time like this to describe me as a softie.

The truth hurts.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
It's update time again and Freud has provided us with a very kool section (largest one so far) that shows how some of the body panels were fabricated at Steve's Auto Restoration in Portland, Or:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/35_steve%27s_auto_restoration_panel_fabricating_and_employees/index.html

I'm attaching a coupla sample shots from today's update...and then I gotta catch up on some sleep.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
Awesome stuff, thanks for the weekly updates.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »
I think I can speak for Freud and say that it's our pleasure to be able to be part of the team and to bring these photos to the web.  It's all building momentum toward its assault on the record.  I dunno about others, but I can hardly wait see this happen.

Offline Bville701

« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2010, 11:36:32 PM »
GREAT stuff!!!!    :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline joea

« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2010, 12:14:52 AM »
i just want to see the movie.....when it is being filmed....

Joe

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2010, 12:24:15 AM »
Hmmm..."World's Fastest DeSoto?"  :)

Offline Freud

« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:05 PM »
I've been in So. Cal the past week. So I went to the archives and brought the images with me to make this recent post. This electronic age makes it

possible but the electronic, substitute computer age for electronic,  has very little influence on this build. There is nothing electronic about the YODER.

There's no CNC milling machine, the lathe is old and small. The knowledge is best described as "old school" but I imagine it's OK to

describe Leonardo DeVinci as old school and he left a great body of work behind.

So continue to stop in and follow the progress on www.Target550.com. I don't post as much on Landracing.com because Target550.com eats up

so many more images than i posted in the past, that my posts here would be redundant.  But you notice that we don't leave this site totally

behind. It's where we first posted and the information will always be linked.

Thanks to Ray Therat for his knowledge, support and tolerance.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2010, 01:36:36 PM »
I had to pull myself away from the tanning bed long enough to post an update on the build of the 'liner in Target550.com.

One part I really like is the platform that they built to make it easier to work on the area behind the rear

wheels. The fairings that trail the rear wheels will be formed in aluminum and used as the pattern to make

carbon fiber duplicates. The front ones have been done for a long time and they are shown in Target550.com,

post of March 21, 2010, images 30_14, 30_15, qnd 30_16.

There's a lot happening. Follow along with us on this ride.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »
There is a new post on TARGET550.com. It relates to the firewall and the water tanks.

The area of progress this week has been the fabrication of the front firewall. The retainer bolt for the rear water tank

passes through an ear on the corner of the hold down.  That bolt will be in the forward compartment and ahead of the firewall.

The only place that the firewall can fit is behind the bolt, so a hole was cut in the firewall and there will be a blister over

the nut on the stud. Access will be from the back side. Dave is checking the positioning of the front compartment water tanks

to be certain that the heating elements can be installed and still have enough room for the electrical connection. Since the water

will be heated with the top body panel raised, they do not have to put a hole in the skin to access the terminal.
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2010, 04:03:19 AM »
There's new news on the http://www.target550.com/news.html Target 550 web site. 

A void in the team structure was identified and steps to fill it have been taken. 

An Official Press Vehicle has been identified and plans are afoot to get the selected vehicle through "finishing school."

Click the link to "read all about it."

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Did they agree to provide Ruffus with his own personal umbrella or is that the job of the "good Dr."--providing some bikini clad "UP" -- umbrella provider?  :evil:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
LOL!  At least for the cab the working notion is to use the same sorta canvas or tan denim material that's used for Dickie's shop overalls.  I guess the hot and cold running bikinis will have to come later.  :)

Offline Freud

« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
If enough ladies remove their bikinis and offer them as "top material" sic, the roofing plan can be revised.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »
The Rat came outta hiding long enough to post a few shots on the website today.  They're mostly a detail study of the welding that's been done at various places on the car.  One of 'em's attached.

I was struck by the symmetry of the beads and once again, the level of craftsmanship that's going into the liner...down to the smallest details. 

I hope you enjoy lookin at 'em as much as I did.