Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810737 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
R t R gave the Mens car info.

Here is the correct site for the ladies:

http://ecomarathon.shell.com/americas/team/41

FREUD
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:48:32 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
Oops!

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »
Thanx for the forward on the Shell event.

Growing up (age wise, anyway) we all new about the MOBILGAS Economy Runs but never heard of the Shell activities. As a person involved with Formula SAE, I encourage scholastic involvment in such. Neat deal.

On a semi personal note we watched yer buddy Stan Beck fire up the roadster with the 50 hp injector fix Friday, (It turned into a wine tasting event, too) Sounded sweet!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Freud

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2010, 07:29:46 PM »
Thanks bystander.  He warned me that he planned to ignite the remnants of the record holder and to light a candle if

I saw a glow to the South.

He didn't want me to confuse the San Bernardino rubbish burn with a cooked roadster.

Don't be offended if the information and guidance that you attempted to pass on to him fell on deaf ears. He's been slipping that

way recently. Actually it's just paint in his ears from painting the stare case.

I had no idea that it was possible to describe wine as a sound.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
Our morning newspaper had another story about the Shop Girls and Iron Maiden.

They did achieve 470 MPG of diesel.

Here's the link:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100330/NEWS01/703309890#Granite.Falls.ShopGirls.car.makes.470.mpg

FREUD
Since '63

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »
Congratulations to both teams for such a huge endeavor!!  I hope they will continue their interests and maybe we'll see them on the salt with a whole new dream!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2010, 11:18:59 PM »
Hi Y'all, just back from Houston and an experience extraordinaire for both teams.  After late night repairs and problem solving both cars ran quite well by Saturday. Lots of good things are already coming from it - an invitation to the Paccar test track open house where we will display our cars next to formula SAE cars and of course large trucks.  This is exposing the students, both boys and girls to the real world and allows them to make connections.

Thank you Freud for posting our story on LSR - stop by at our shop anytime (well, we are on Springbreak this week)  attached pictures shows the Target550 sticker on the back of our Urban Concept car and the girl's prototype "streamliner" and members.

As to Lynda's dream suggestion - the whole thing actually started with a trip to World of Speed 08 and the idea to build a little K/DS:) It's been quite a challenge to get this eco car project going in a public High School so we shall build on it to get to LSR over time.

Michael (their ...........Industrial Arts Teacher:)
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline Freud

« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2010, 11:18:09 AM »
Thanks Shop Girls and Michael.  Ya, the Men also. We just haven't met them.

We are pleased to have a Target550 sticker in Houston with you.

I'll be seeing you one of these times soon.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
It's update time again.  This week we have photos that cover a few different subjects: A "Power Lunch" at the Acme Cafe, some changes made to the canopy latch, work on the rear wheel enclosures and a coupla shots of the team t-shirts (which is really kool.)

There's also some info on the "News" page about two of the newer team members both of whom are working on the  liner at Jim Hume's shop.

Enjoy,

Offline desotoman

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2010, 02:29:08 PM »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
It's that time again.  There's a new update on the server:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/33_wheel_%20enclosures_ducting_and_instrument_panel/index.html

While all of Freud's shots are great, I found those that ducting and plenum between the blower and intake manifold to be an indication that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and brighter.

Enjoy,

Offline Freud

« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »
R t R is delusional.

He doesn't know that progress is slow until we find a great colorful

blanket for the cockpit seat.

The first one came with 10 counterfit Green Cards stashed inside.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
Delusional?  That's not what the voices tell me!

I think I have some of the Mexican blanket material I used to cover Rufus' seat:

Problem is...well, it's lacking in those "extra items."  But who's counting.

As long as I'm typing, I'll mention that yesterday, as I came home from the track, both cameras (40D and 7D) were baptized in Coca-Cola when the bottom of a drink cup just up and fell out, drenching both the 40D and the 7D.  Do I know how to have fun or what?

I spent a long time cleaning both of 'em.  I also had to remove the clock (CMOS) battery and let 'em sit for a coupla hours before either one showed signs of life.  But as of noon o'clock Sunday, both of 'em are working at about 95 percent.  I still need to work with both of 'em a bit more before I feel all warm and fuzzy about 'em (hell, I could feel that way by wrapping myself in summa that upholstery material and then "soiling my dainties" so to speak.

Then I had a toilet (speakin of soiling one's dainties) decide that it didn't wanna shut off.  As a result, I had water coming thru the ceiling of my studio room.  I think I've taken care of most of that without any structural damage (I was able to drain it by lancing the bubble that was forming and getting the water out quickly.)  Time will tell on that one.

There were several other little "shoot yerself in the foot" deals to the point where I started wondering if someone was trying to tell me something.  As a result of some prayer and mediation about that, I decided to stay home from the track and try to catch up on other stuff.  Good thing.  The wind is trying to relocate Tooele, Utah to southern Idaho.  According to one of the other "usual suspect" track photogs at Miller's, the wind is so bad at the track that he can't even hold the camera still enough to get more than a coupla lucky shots now and then.  It's the Ferrari Challenge (one of only 2 stops in the US thid year) and I really wanted to get some shots of the Ferrari 599 GTBs, since I didn't see 'em run yesterday.  However, I think discretion is the better part of valor today.  I've got enough half-finished projects that it would be nice to get one or two of 'em wrapped up.

I'm gonna post a few shots from yesterday in the appropriate group.  In the meantime, Doc...those voices keep tellin me that not only am I not delusional but that I need more tinfoil in my hat.  There's a project I can handle.

Offline Freud

« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2010, 01:18:55 AM »
Well I finally got the lead part way out and sent a new post to Ray for the Target550.com site.

The air distribution ducts from the Whipple Chargers have been welded and machined so they have flat gasket surfaces.

The plenums are being worked on this week. Jim has done the internal welding and they are ready for surfacing.

Another cute arm has been fabricated and attached. It acts as a support when the canopy is open but it has

the double duty of cushioning the opening of the canopy so it doesn't waltz back and forth when the slave cyl

opens it.

Have fun looking. It's enjoyable to see the progress now. Dave Jeffers and Jason Hosking have added

so much since they have come onboard.

FREUD
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:25:58 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »

Another cute arm has been fabricated and attached.

FREUD

Frued, Your getting soft.   :-P  Thanks for keeping the posts up. Its always a learning experience to go through the site.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”