Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811181 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2009, 02:22:48 PM »
I was just on http://www.target550.com/index.html and noticed Freud has posted some new pictures in the Picture gallery.

Click on  "Picture Gallery restructured", then click on either of the two bottom pictures for more new pictures of the build, and descriptions of what you are looking at.

Thanks Freud, for keeping us up to date on the progress IMO of one of the best looking streamliners that will ever roll on the salt. Love the detail, keep up the excellent work.

Tom G.

PS. Here is one of the new pictures on how the blower and drive will work. Photo by Freud.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:19:45 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
Check out the tube joint in the upper left of the pic that "desotoman" posted. My bet is that it is going to be replaced as it certainly needs some "gap rod" to weld up in its present state. Not the expected  quality we see on this build.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Freud

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2009, 11:30:37 AM »
Rest assured, Rex.  There is no gap rod used in this build.  When I was making the first post on target550.com I needed several images to post.

I just grabbed whatever was close at hand and posted them to make certain that our posting method was adequate.  I apologize to Hume for

posting a piece that was just sitting there while he answered the fone.  I'd reshoot that area to confirm that it was up to the build standard but

I'd have to take the panel off that covers it. I don't intrude too frequently and I'll wait until it's uncovered and post the evidence that it's up

to standard.

It's sorta like doing a foto when a car is being polished and all the haze hasn't been wiped off.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »
Rex, I think you are looking at one of the bolt in members before it was finished.  This pic is the same area I think... notice the bolt in frame members, I think they facilitate R & R of engines and blowers
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
Since I was already in the folder I decided to add a sneak peek of one part that really impressed me...
This is one of the inner wheel pants... spun stainless steel.. they are really cool
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »
I looked at the pant for one of the rear wheel wells Sunday and decided I would do a video of it. I would have Hume explain what was

involved with accomplishing that simple looking and complex to achieve piece. It is a story to know.

In the next few weeks, I promise. 

It wouldn't be that your name influenced your choice would it, Robert ?

FREUD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:35:37 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2009, 11:03:47 PM »
Hume's shop was graced by a marvelous group of high school students today. Their instructor, Michael Werner, brought them fpr

a show and tell session of a race car as it evolves. The girls project, YES, girls, is to build a prototype car for the 2010 Shell Eco Marathon.

Good Luck, Ladies.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »
Freud, Thanks for sharing and updates on the build.  This is what gives me inspiration and every time I look at the pictures I see new details that I have missed before and are amazed by it.  I can spend hours looking at them .  Tony :cheers:
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Freud

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2009, 11:26:51 PM »
Tony, more soon, I promise. Also check Target550.com. I am feeding both sites.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
Multi talented?  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »
Saturday Hume hosted a "show and tell" session for students from Granite Falls High School Eco/Urban Manufacturing ClAcura. Their project is

designing and building a car for The Shell Eco Marathon. This is an all girl project. The students were accompanied by Manufacturing

Instructor Michael Werner, in the background, and School Board member Bob Quarterman.

Instructor Werner and students Pooja Sethi (r) and Shante Stowell discuss the 1/10 scale model.

Their school is in Granite Falls, Wa.

FREUD

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 01:01:29 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
That is so cool. I love it when the young people are getting interested in any kind of motorsports.
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline Freud

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »
Their instructor is a cool dude. He will guide them as they make decisions but will not pressure them.

Can you imagine what it would be like, as a "auto shop" student, to go to a place that has a piece like a streamliner?

The class actually is called a Manufacturing Class but when it comes to hands on, it's all about a car.

There was also an experience for the parents that brought them. They had no idea what was inside that building.

You can believe that they got an ear full on the way home.

These students are most fortunate and extremely enthusiastic.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »
Sota like getting to watch DeVinci or Angelo paint!!!!!!!!!!

I would bet none of them suspected they were entering the equivelent of the Sistine Chapel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
Since '63