Author Topic: Bub pre entrys  (Read 6322 times)

Offline mtkawboy

Bub pre entrys
« on: July 21, 2009, 02:26:11 PM »
Any idea how many pre entrys there are for this year ? Trying to pick between Bubs & Speed Week, can only do one

Offline isiahstites

Re: Bub pre entrys
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »
Any idea how many pre entrys there are for this year ? Trying to pick between Bubs & Speed Week, can only do one

No more pre-entry for BUB unless you can find someone selling one. Otherwise it's $600 to enter BUB, same thing for SpeedWeek.

Scott

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:21:26 PM »
Im spectating & want to know the number of entrys at Bubs. I know Speed Weeeks was 510 last I heard. Thanks, guess I should have worded it better.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:24:49 PM »
Last I knew BUB had in the high 200's for pre-entries. You can expect into the mid 300's for entries at BUB, SpeedWeek could be in the 700's.

Scott

landracing

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
I guess if there was ANY QUESTION about picking an event it would HAVE TO BE SPEEDWEEK.... Bar none, without a doubt and should never be a compromise, SPEEDWEEK IS THE GRAND DADDY OF ALL LSR EVENTS>>.....

JonAmo

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 12:16:34 AM »
Amen!!Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 01:32:58 AM »
I guess if there was ANY QUESTION about picking an event it would HAVE TO BE SPEEDWEEK.... Bar none, without a doubt and should never be a compromise, SPEEDWEEK IS THE GRAND DADDY OF ALL LSR EVENTS>>.....

JonAmo

Agreed!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »
Yep, Speedweek is the best, unless you are not into fast cars and bikes.... the sounds of the big car motors as well as the high pitched whine of the scooters starts the tickle to all the senses...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
I don't think SpeedWeek will hit anywhere near 700 unless you count the class changes.  Even then . . .

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
Ive been going to Speed Week since 1985 give or take a couple of years so Ill most likely do that. Thanks for the help. Got to see the Salt Cat run again.

Offline bak189

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
It all depends on what your interest is......Cars or Bikes!!!................................................................

Regarding, Amo's comment about Speedweek being the Granddaddy of LSR.....he is right in that aspect....
but then one has to take his comments with a "grain of salt".......when the BUB event first started he was "over the moon" and "giddy" with happeness.........but he got his toes stepped on and is now a bitter man...

Question authority.....always

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
You mean I cant like them both ? No, I know what you mean, its just that many years back I went to an early {July} USFRA meet & it was like watching paint dry between runs. Nothing against them, Im for anybody that races there. Thats why I asked about the numbers entered

Offline Eric_M

• Bub 50cc Project
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
BUB is still accepting entries in the office through to July 31st. The late entry fee for AMA is $600, but if you enter before the end of the month they'll throw in the gate passes, saving $ on getting in the gate at the salt. (otherwise enter at the salt at $600 and pay to get in at the gate)

The BUB Event this year is sitting on 255 pre entries with:
47 Run Watch You Brung
48 FIM
160 AMA
with more expected at the salt- Eric

landracing

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »
It all depends on what your interest is......Cars or Bikes!!!................................................................

Regarding, Amo's comment about Speedweek being the Granddaddy of LSR.....he is right in that aspect....
but then one has to take his comments with a "grain of salt".......when the BUB event first started he was "over the moon" and "giddy" with happeness.........but he got his toes stepped on and is now a bitter man...

Umm you are very mistaken my friend... Im not bitter at all, I love the BUB EVENT... I dont have a clue on where you think Im bitter about the event... I think its a great event....

But make no mistake SPEEDWEEK is the place to be for the BEST overall event.... Yuu get the best of both worlds bikes and cars, you have great communication at the event,  the variety of things going on during the event is numerous, the fastest bikes the chance to see 400 mph cars....

Each have their own added features - Like the RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG at the BUB event, thats cool, WOS has all the GO Cart stuff and bar stools and vintage stuff and 130 mph and 150 clubs stuff. which is neat.

But if you are into NO BS just plain speed, SPEEDWEEK is the meet. Alot of vehicles don't come to any other meets but Speedweek so your chance to see almost anything are there...

JonAmo

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »
Thanks, headed to Speedweek, be there friday pm