Author Topic: Food Vendor Trackside?  (Read 8048 times)

Offline MiltonP

Food Vendor Trackside?
« on: July 20, 2009, 11:26:32 PM »
Sorry if this was covered but I couldn't find it.  Will there be a vendor at the track selling food and drinks, ie... gatorade, water, ice?  I am guessing this is taken care of but if not maybe some church or school group would do it to raise funds.  If already in place will it be lunch only and how about friday?  Thanks, just trying to figure out what coolers to bring and what to have with us friday when we get to the track.

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Food Vendor Trackside?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:35:55 PM »
Milton,
Questions like that prove you are either entirely too smart to hang out with Ali, or just exactly what he needs. Either way I'm betting this is not going to be a boring trip for you. :evil:

Good luck and see you there,
Todd

Offline entropy

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:00:01 AM »
Milton,
Questions like that prove you are either entirely too smart to hang out with Ali, or just exactly what he needs. Either way I'm betting this is not going to be a boring trip for you. :evil:

Todd

Hey Todd, don't be too hard on Ali, his dog and his Dad are both really nice!  :wink:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
Milton,

Todd

Hey Todd, don't be too hard on Ali, his dog and his Dad are both really nice!  :wink:
You got that right Entropy! And so's the dude that was with him at the track last meet. Why can't I remember his name? He was so nice! Ahh but we still luv Ali, I'm not sure why.... but we do!  :-D

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »
FOOD...
I just got off the phone with the Food Vendor, that'd be the Limestone Fire Dept, also providing our Emergency crew the whole event. Initially it was basically hot dogs and Hamburgers.
They will discuss providing breakfast ie. eggs of your choice on a roll/Coffee, like that. They'll also try to expand on lunch, ideally I asked about local specialties, ala Beaver on a Stick or  whatever, they'll kick that around too. A nice selection of beverages, tables to sit at,  all mostly dependant on attendance.
I can't ask these guys to put out a banquet if we really don't know who'll show. The positive aspect is they are close, can start small and go get more stuff as the need arises.
I assume they prepare based on that , should be quite sufficient for necessities, on this our first event. 
I'll enlarge on this as I get more info from them, watch this space.
BOB W

Offline sabat

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:46:14 PM »
Beaver on a stick?    :-D

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
Oregon State hockey player?   :mrgreen:
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 03:36:52 PM »
Beaver on a stick?    :-D

That's a pole dancer in North Carolina!

Let's just hope this sign is gone when we get there Dean, 
that should mean there's both good grub and a clear track waiting on us!

Todd

Offline half-fast

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »
Nice Todd, except pole has to be taller to accomodate the snowfall and keep the sign above the snowline  :-o

Bob, say lobsta roll :lol:

Offline WildBro

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »
FOOD...
I just got off the phone with the Food Vendor, that'd be the Limestone Fire Dept, also providing our Emergency crew the whole event. Initially it was basically hot dogs and Hamburgers.
They will discuss providing breakfast ie. eggs of your choice on a roll/Coffee, like that. They'll also try to expand on lunch, ideally I asked about local specialties, ala Beaver on a Stick or  whatever, they'll kick that around too. A nice selection of beverages, tables to sit at,  all mostly dependant on attendance.
I can't ask these guys to put out a banquet if we really don't know who'll show. The positive aspect is they are close, can start small and go get more stuff as the need arises.
I assume they prepare based on that , should be quite sufficient for necessities, on this our first event. 
I'll enlarge on this as I get more info from them, watch this space.
BOB W

Aren't Fire Dept guys suppose to make killer chili?  I'm in for a bowl or 2 if they make it.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline White Monster

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »
Aren't Fire Dept guys suppose to make killer chili?  I'm in for a bowl or 2 if they make it.

Bill, you will have to run in the power adder classes then ...
 :-D
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline legend6me

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 10:42:55 AM »
Solve two problems with one simple solution: Moose burgers!

Offline Chris Durepo

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »
I’m much better at putting out fires than I am at spelling so bare with my dam dyslexia. Ok so hear is the plan, as of now subject to change at any moment. Can’t do wild game they don’t let us sell it in the state of Maine. If some one creams a moose on the way up throw it in the back of the truck bring it with ya and we will throw it on the grill.  For breakfast we are going to do breakfast sandwiches. The plan is to start between 8 an 8:30 on Saturday and we will also do coffee. Lunch will do burgers and red hot dogs along with  McCain’s French Fries. We also will have  a traditional Saturday night “County” meal consisting of beans, red hot dogs and coleslaw or potato salad. For drinks we will have soda, water and Gatorade. Probably will stop serving about 4 but nothing set in stone yet.

Input would be great, but can’t promise we will take it all, but a bunch of the firemen are watching the sight and they will be the ones deciding on you menu so this is a great places to have influences on it.

For you salt talk we have a great pizza places “The Rendevous” about ¼ mile from the track, great pizza and really cold beer. I’m sure Wayne and his son Cole, the owner’s, would love to have ya and probably throw on some extra crew for the night to get the beer out faster.

When you come to Portland Maine your GPS is going to tell you to take the I295. Don’t do it you will loose one hour of you life that you will never get back. Big construction project that take you off the interstate and on to secondary roads, just say on the 95 till you get to Houlton. Watch out for the trooper we have a lot of them and they like to run speed traps on the 95. This is a link to Maine DOT info on delays and what roads are closed http://www.511maine.gov/default.asp?display=critical&area=ME_statewide&textOnly=False&date=

I will try to post and inflow as we have it.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
The single serving bags of chips would be great! Sometimes you just need to grab a little snack! ;^D
Thanks!
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »
Chris !
You Da Man !
That Saturday night special is for lunch, right ?
Our Evening dining plans would be Friday night "The Rendezvous" http://www.menupix.com/maine/restaurants/1903167/Rendezvous-Restaurant-Limestone-ME.
Saturday is your choice of eating in the area, but after is our First Annual  LSR get together poolside in the Caribou Inn, "AsphalTalks" ? Bartender poolside, exact times TBA.
Sunday everybody is on their own, be a good time to find places and report back to this site on your experience for future references.   Search online, ask the locals , like that.
Thanks for the valuable trip info.
Bob W