Author Topic: Is there a schedule yet?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Frank06

Is there a schedule yet?
« on: July 21, 2009, 06:48:20 AM »
What times would things generally start on Sat./Sun.?  Is there any specific classes running at a specific time, etc?  I have friends asking me and I don't know what to tell them!

thanks
E-Racer

Offline WZ JUNK

Re: Is there a schedule yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:23:45 AM »
X
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:28:03 AM by WZ JUNK »
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline dickj

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:56:17 AM »
Frank06,
Bob can probably best answer this, but I can give you an idea in case you need to let friends know soon.  There will usually be a driver's meeting before racing starts.  Most often it gets under way around 9:00, although Bob may try to get it done a little sooner.  Even so, it's the driver's themselves who drag down to the meeting and hold up the start.  As soon as that's over, there will be a track drive-through parade for the racers to get a look at the track, studying surface, turnouts, etc.  Right after that, racing will start, and that usually happens a little before ten. 

There is not set sequence for classes.  Racers will move out to the starting grid and get in line (or it might be a couple of lines) and the starter will start running them one at a time.  As soon as one clears the track, another will go.  Street bikes, street cars, race bikes and race cars run at random, based on when they got in line.  a 90 mph S-10 pickup might be followed by a 220mph blown Hiabusa.

There is usually about an hour break for lunch (the track workers like to eat too), and then racing gets back in gear.  Sunday will be a repeat of Saturday, but since everybody is familiar with the sequence of events, racing might start a little sooner.

This is approximate.  Bob might straighten it out a  little bit for you.

DickJ
In East Texas

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »
Hopefully everbody will be ready for a 9 am drivers meeting, we'll make noise to alert all about it. We have a FD air horn that's as loud as any you've heard. It will also be our emergency alert signal if there's an accident on the track.
After the meeting there's a orientation run down the track to show where the early turn offs are , where the traps are, the two shut down turn -outs, and the return rd. 
Racing should hopefully start shortly after 10 am, lunch at 1, staging closes 5pm.
Sunday about the same schedule,but no drivers meeting.
Hours could change according to attendance, weather, down time, or ?.
We'll decide all this on Race day.
Bob W ( Thanks Dick )

Offline shiphteey

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
Frank06,
Bob can probably best answer this, but I can give you an idea in case you need to let friends know soon.  There will usually be a driver's meeting before racing starts.  Most often it gets under way around 9:00, although Bob may try to get it done a little sooner.  Even so, it's the driver's themselves who drag down to the meeting and hold up the start.  As soon as that's over, there will be a track drive-through parade for the racers to get a look at the track, studying surface, turnouts, etc.  Right after that, racing will start, and that usually happens a little before ten. 

There is not set sequence for classes.  Racers will move out to the starting grid and get in line (or it might be a couple of lines) and the starter will start running them one at a time.  As soon as one clears the track, another will go.  Street bikes, street cars, race bikes and race cars run at random, based on when they got in line.  a 90 mph S-10 pickup might be followed by a 220mph blown Hiabusa.

There is usually about an hour break for lunch (the track workers like to eat too), and then racing gets back in gear.  Sunday will be a repeat of Saturday, but since everybody is familiar with the sequence of events, racing might start a little sooner.

This is approximate.  Bob might straighten it out a  little bit for you.

DickJ
In East Texas
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline shiphteey

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline Frank06

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:08 AM »
 :cheers:
E-Racer

Offline half-fast

!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 06:21:12 PM »
Bob, I gotta say this place is a dream!! tried hard to find a hiccup on the rt side of the 'strip' and don't think I found any,,, whew,,,,, expecting wicked big numbers!

Glad to see the tech line backed up, and the big turn out!

Dahmurf, and narider you peeled out b4 I got to talk much.

Scott and Doug thanks for the photo op!

Guy, am I gonna see you running around staging with your burnszomatic again? sorry didn't have op to say hey!

JT/DT thanks for all that you do!

And I can't say it enough, what a place!!! very nice Bwanna! :-D :-D :-D

Hopefully everbody will be ready for a 9 am drivers meeting, we'll make noise to alert all about it. We have a FD air horn that's as loud as any you've heard. It will also be our emergency alert signal if there's an accident on the track.
After the meeting there's a orientation run down the track to show where the early turn offs are , where the traps are, the two shut down turn -outs, and the return rd. 
Racing should hopefully start shortly after 10 am, lunch at 1, staging closes 5pm.
Sunday about the same schedule,but no drivers meeting.
Hours could change according to attendance, weather, down time, or ?.
We'll decide all this on Race day.
Bob W ( Thanks Dick )