Author Topic: side car racing with Jesse James  (Read 2652 times)

Offline pookie

side car racing with Jesse James
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »
On Spike TV tonight, 7pm Pacific time, James will try to motorcycle side car race. Promos looked interesting, especially to someone[like me] who has never seen that type of racing. I think ? the racing is at Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond Ca. Thats just a guess folks. After the SHOW, the usual critique will follow......

Offline Tzoom

• All revved up with no place to go - Meatloaf 1977
Re: side car racing with Jesse James
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »
I watched the races years ago on BBC when I lived in England.  The only person I know of with balls as big as the 'passenger' on these things is the navigator in a rally car.  Fun to watch but..........
Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games --- Ernest Hemingway

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
The racing footage with JJ Filmed several months ago at Willow Springs with the SRA West teams providing the outfits. Lots of European footage in the program as well. Let's hope Hollywood doesn't set the sport of roadracing sidecars back to far!!

Offline peglegcraig

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
At this point any publicity is good publicity for sidecars. It's a much overlooked aspect of motorcycle sport. Talk to any spectator at Speedway or a road circuit and the outfits are a big hit. They are flat fun to watch and what an experience aboard! I'm a changed man after my first ride at Ruapuna, in more ways than one!! :wink:
 Larry, the Kal-Guard outfit at Ontario and Riverside was so awsome. Thanks for the memories!
 See you on the salt, Peg Leg Craig