Author Topic: Need a push truck?  (Read 1995 times)

McRat

Need a push truck?
« on: July 17, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »
http://www.pacificp.com/h2.html

My friends at PPE are selling their Humvee project.  Even though it weighs about 7,500lb, it will go 0-60 in the dirt about as quick as a Viper will on asphalt.  And do it in STYLE! :-D

I remember when they first built this and brought it to the Truckin' for Kids diesel charity race.  Everyone's jaw dropped.  A Humvee runs about a 20 second quarter mile and would lose to any decent motorhome when stock.  Instead, it ran about as quick as a C6 Corvette :-o

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Need a push truck?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:19:23 PM »
If he posts the asking price I am sure he could have more interest.. :cheers:

If he wants to trade straight up for a 1999 Silverado 1500 with 122K miles then I may be swayed... :-D :-D

McRat

Re: Need a push truck?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »
If he posts the asking price I am sure he could have more interest.. :cheers:

If he wants to trade straight up for a 1999 Silverado 1500 with 122K miles then I may be swayed... :-D :-D

It's one of those, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" kind of things. :-D  I know it's over $100k, as are most H1's Alphas (Dmax power) on the used market. 

I just thought it was an interesting build, wasn't really trying to find them a buyer.  It was built before the civilian 2006 Dmax powered H1 Alpha came out, and is much faster.  Not too many hotrod military vehicles out there. 

PPE also built a Dmax powered Jeep Wagoneer for our governor, Arnold.  It has California State Seal floormats, and runs off bio-diesel.  I guess it was his favorite car, so he wanted to modernize it.  It's pretty old, but in good shape. 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:51:26 PM by McRat »