Author Topic: Sincere Dedication  (Read 9761 times)

velocity

Re: Sincere Dedication
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »
While it does not make the evening news hour, I can tell you that I have seen several of these outpouring of respect for fallen military. The response usually emanates from small towns across the country where people tend to take time and make time for everyone else. some may be less well-attended, but are fiercely equal in the snes of onot thye wish to convey.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 12:21:23 AM »
Freud, thanks for posting that, freedom isn't free, lots of folks don't realize their ability to do and say anything they wish came from somebody's sacrifice. 
I finally cleared my eyes enough to type...
See ya on the salt
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Ellis

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 06:09:10 AM »
Freud,Sorry we gave you "Chicken Skin",you did a good thing posting that link!!Look at the responses,And  to SSS (Mr Moderator) thankyou for leaving it here!
I have sent it on to many people that are not LSR,but friends/vets. I had to watch it again (More emotions),and agree with roadtrip,it should be shown in schools (And Not only in the U.S).
To Jerry O , I'm not an American,(wish I was),I'm a New Zealander living in Australia,but i definately had a lump or two in my throat,and more than a few tears in the eye. I was never in the services,but both my Grandads were in WW2,and my No.1 uncle was in Korea,I thank/owe them (and men like John Beale)for letting me live in a free country.
Cheers , Bob.
Wanna go fast??  Come to Lake Gairdner! (It's Down Under!!)

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »
Back to the top.

Hey folks, if u haven't watched this video yet, go back to the beginning and click on it.

It's American History 2009.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »
Watching the video and reading the remarks by everyone gives us hope that this country will always honor our servicemen. Being from a military family and knowing what brave people they are to give their time to protect this wonderful country and to see the people that line the streets to pay their respects is a heart grabbing experience. The tears are real from all of us. Please pass it on to others that are not on this web site. :cry:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 05:09:35 PM »
I cant figure out how to get it to play.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »
Fred, send it to yourself. Tab is at bottom of your reply. Go to the first entry by Freud and click on that tab. It should work.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

roadtrip

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 06:40:31 PM »
If you missed or overlooked JonAmo's recomendation to see 'Taking Chance' with Kevin Bacon, try to find it.

It's not a war movie ... there's virtually no combat, and it's not pro anything or anti anything. It's a simple, emotional and deeply moving story of a dead soldier's journey from battlefield to his hometown.

No Hollywood and no special effects.

Excellent movie ... another "must see / ought to be required".

DonS