Author Topic: Need to bum a ride to Loring!  (Read 7511 times)

Offline 1mile14

• New folks
Need to bum a ride to Loring!
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »
Title says it all. I would like to work something out with someone that is either leaving from New Jersey, or passing through on I-95. I am willing to pay for half the gas there and back from jersey. I will have all of my gear and my bike that will need to be halled. ZX-14, my front and rear stands, tote full of tools, and my riding gear. I have my own bike straps.

If you might have the room for me and my bike and gear, let me know, I really want to get to this event, but need to get some help getting there! my number is 609-351-5014, cell. Any time up to 10pm. I havnt made reservations at a hotel yet (figured I would reserve at what ever hotel my ride has). Nor have I registered for the event, but ive got 7 days to do that.

sorry for the short notice on needing a ride!

Offline Commuta_Busa

Re: Need to bum a ride to Loring!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:18:27 AM »
wish I could help you since I'm in NJ.  :|  You can do what I did and just go rent a utility van. Also if I were you I would get your reservation in for a room now. You can always cancel 24 hrs in advance. Good luck.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:22:48 AM »
Best of luck to you.  I'm coming your way, but absolutely no room at all.  I also rented a cargo van for the trip.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Bullet

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:17:35 AM »
I'm bringing my scooter in my truck, overloaded also...........but I do know that Bill, from Cal. is coming alone & pulling his new enclosed trailer, I'll give him a call & see if he can hook you up. He should have the room.

Bob.

Offline bill199

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
1mile14,
              I already have my trailer set up for one bike and I also have the trailer full . sorry . try renting a truck . If anything changes I will let you know .

Bill

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »
What about Larry and Steve..Steve lives in "Joisie" I think..?

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »
I contacted Steve and they are full up.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
Thanks Fred...

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »
I don't know if Ali has had any change in plans since last week but he and I were planning to get together in the northern Virginia area and run up with two bikes, mine in his pickup bed and his on his trailer..  If it works for you to match up with Ali, I have no trouble running my solo rig from Winchester up the western route as I originally planned.  He was talking about borrowing a 2 bike trailer but his truck only works for 2.  I am not sure how far off his route from DC you would be though.

Offline shiphteey

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
Hey Milton, left you a voice mail, gimme a ring @ (703)969-0076 and lets finalize the logistics and see if we can make room for him or not.  Talk to you soon!

A.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline Commuta_Busa

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
Kevin - I guess you didn't convince your wife to LSR yet.  :? Hope to see in Main.  :cheers:

Offline 1mile14

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
Ken, nope not yet. She is still breaking in the bike, and with her working mids and me days, its tough to get her out on the bike. She cant really move my big 14 out of the way either to go ride the local 'hood.

Milton - shipteey --- let me know how it works out. Im going to look into renting a van tonight and maybe commuta_busa and I can caravan like last time! Looking into lodging too.

I really had plans to be in germany next weekend. but looks like that wont happen, next best thing to do is go racing..... darn...  :-D :-D

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »
Looks like we won't have room for you so hopefully you can get that van.  I only have one bed in my room but hopefully some folks running solo will have a second bed to 'sell or rent' you guys.   :cheers:

Offline Commuta_Busa

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:44 AM »
Funny you mention a Germany vacation. I had planned on taking my family there this summer. But with the downturn in the economy funds were short so the next best thing was to spend it going to main  :cheers:.

I got the best deal I could find from Dollar. I rented the van for a week so I could get the unlimited mileage as well. I don't know if our schedules coincide. We plan on being up there a day eary and will be leaving Thursday morning. If you plan on heading up early just let me know. We'll be heading back home on Monday morning.
Don't forget lots of tape!  :cheers:

Ken, nope not yet. She is still breaking in the bike, and with her working mids and me days, its tough to get her out on the bike. She cant really move my big 14 out of the way either to go ride the local 'hood.

Milton - shipteey --- let me know how it works out. Im going to look into renting a van tonight and maybe commuta_busa and I can caravan like last time! Looking into lodging too.

I really had plans to be in germany next weekend. but looks like that wont happen, next best thing to do is go racing..... darn...  :-D :-D

Offline 1mile14

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »
well, it doesnt look like im going to be able to make it up. Thank you too all that tried to make room for my me and my stuff! I will be preparing for the september meet at Maxton, hopefully with my wife on her little ninja that could.

Everyone be safe out there, and set some fast records.