Author Topic: 1650cc pushrod bike update  (Read 2076 times)

Offline jeffb

1650cc pushrod bike update
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:47 PM »
After a disappointing weekend at Maxton in June, I decided to tear down the bike for a complete rebuild.  I think the salt and corrosion from going to Bonneville in 07 finally caught up with me.  

I did come home with 2 records at 163 and 172 on the bottle, so things didn't go totally bad.  I did make everyone think I blew up though when my front fender mounts broke and made the tire rub on the fender.

If you are on faceboon, search Bailey's Speed Shop.  I am keeping updates on my bike projects there.

Jeff

Offline jeffb

Re: 1650cc pushrod bike update
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:20:24 PM »
Here's the bike in pieces.

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:06:12 PM »
Great bike. Really enjoyed seeing it and hearing it. My harley just looked like it was in pieces and we're on baboon.
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »
Jeff, your bike at Maxton a few weeks ago was very tasty in looks and more so in sound.  I appreciated it enough to comment about it to Nancy and some other folks.  I get to see lots of bikes -- this one stood out in my head.  Thanks for having it there.  I hope to see it again soon.

No, we won't be at the September Maxton event, since we'll still be hanging around Wendover for the various events out there.  We will plan, though, on making it to the Halloween event at the Maxton Monster Mile.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com