Author Topic: Volunteers  (Read 12306 times)

Offline Frank06

Re: Volunteers
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »
I'm planning to get there noon-ish Friday and will look you up Donna.

Frank

Ok Todd... Don't say it! We know you're thinking it.... just DON'T say it!  :-D

Debbie

???

I'll try to get there earlier so I can figure out what's going on!  Guess I'm too old!
E-Racer

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 07:35:01 AM »
I'm planning to get there noon-ish Friday and will look you up Donna.

Frank

Ok Todd... Don't say it! We know you're thinking it.... just DON'T say it!  :-D

Debbie

???

I'll try to get there earlier so I can figure out what's going on!  Guess I'm too old!

Don't get paranoid Frank it wasn't about you! Inside joke persay. You'll understand once you meet the lovely Donna and her greatest admirer, my flirty husband Todd! LOL

Debbie

PS: Donna, you can certainly try out my current race suit I was just worried your girls might be a little to squished! hehehe Didn't want you to think it wasn't an option. ;)
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
Thanks Deb.  It's not the girls I'm concerned with....It's the junk in the trunk, the caboose on the loose....that's what concerns me. 

I sure don't have any leathers yet.  Joe gave me carte blanche at Vanson for Christmas...just never got around to it...never thought it'd come true....I hope we can put something together...I'm pretty stoked about this.

C ya in a couple of days....can't wait.

8-)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 12:41:13 AM »
Donna,
I don't care if it's the caboose or the engine, but you can trust the ladies and the trunk both are all getting on that train if I have to pack them in there myself... hmm? Ok, I'm back from a little day dreaming there.

Now with that said, Shane and Racheal have offered up and going to bring Racheal's extra set of leathers for you to try, and we have a handful of extra helmets and gloves and such we're bringing.

And well, worse case scenario--------- You know you can get in my suit anytime!!!

Ok, stay stoked, we have some big goals on the plate throughout the weekend, and a couple small goals for her bike we'll get out of the way. But once time permits you make sure whatever you're helping with can be walked away from as nothing will make us happier then making you happy. And there's no better place, time or bike in my opinion to be able to have fun and find your comfort zone (this goes for Joe too btw).

See you real soon, give us a call on one of the cell's when you're on the road if you want.
Todd
PS: ask Joe if he'll bring that camera he wanted me to test and also some fire sleeve if he has a little extra.

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 12:44:03 AM »
If 1 or 2 of you staff/volunteers are all stuck in the same class and would like to make a slow, I mean scenic, pass for a record I am willing to pull off a fairing or two so you can run 500-4/MPS or M.  Of course, I am assuming that no one else is planning on running those classes.  Anyways, just trying to give something back to the workers and volunteers.  Give you a chance to get your name in the book anyways.   :cheers:

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 06:20:27 AM »
The 250 is available also for you.  Between 250 and 350cc classes there will certainly be open records. 
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »
Never let it be said that Land Speed Racers aren't the most generous bunch around.  Thanks to everyone for all of the offers of
volunteerism, equipment, etc...Especially you, Todd.  Your generosity is overwhelming....I mean really overwhelming...

See you all soon.

Todd and Deb,
I don't ever want to interfere with your weekend goals...If it's possible...I'm psyched..if not....I think I might know another place I could race if circumstances should present themselves again.  Love you both...DT

Offline skinstains

• New folks
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 10:52:35 PM »
Hey there LSR's, my name is Tim and I am an amateur road racer. I plan on breaking my LSR spectator cherry this weekend. I don't know much about it but am offering my assistance in helping out. I plan on ariving sometime Thursday and camping in the pits. Just look for the orange Buell or the green glitter helmet.

Tim

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 05:35:24 AM »
Thanks to everyone.  I'll be in the registration/impound area (wherever that's going to be I'm hoping there are signs).  Please come see me or Bob Wanner.  If we don't need your assistance at that moment (I can't imagine that), we'll take your name and cell # and give you a ring when we do.

Leaving tomorrow 0'dark thirty to make the trip north..see you soon..

8-)

Hey Deb...any chance you bring a printer with you? (just in case)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 08:36:57 AM »
Hey Deb...any chance you bring a printer with you? (just in case)

Well no. I've gotten away from that habit but hmm... nearest Walmart? Ok.. now I have to go look! LOL
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Can't imagine I'll need one, just trying to cover all basis.  I just thought since you bring suitcases and suitcases of computer related items, you may have one stashed away.  Closest Walmart is in Presque Isle approx 30 mins. away....If i need one, i'll get one.....Thanks.. 8-)

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
I am leaving Thursday at 0500 from Long Island ... picking up some free help in Connecticut and then onto Maine ... Bob/Joe/Donna ... I have 7 Motorola FM handhelds plus 2 Motorola FM 120 Volt base radios plus 2 Motorola FM 12 volt mobiles ... 6 extra batteries w/6 chargers ... and my trusty Midland CB ... combined we should have communications set ... Joe

Offline half-fast

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 11:51:58 PM »
I am leaving Thursday at 0500 from Long Island ... picking up some free help in Connecticut and then onto Maine ... Bob/Joe/Donna ... I have 7 Motorola FM handhelds plus 2 Motorola FM 120 Volt base radios plus 2 Motorola FM 12 volt mobiles ... 6 extra batteries w/6 chargers ... and my trusty Midland CB ... combined we should have communications set ... Joe

I'll be about 7 hours behind you, be careful about what UHF freqs you use north of Bangor, Canadiens get awful touchy if you are on one of the verboten freqs.