Author Topic: Volunteers  (Read 12301 times)

Offline Bob Wanner

Volunteers
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:41:32 PM »
We've received many emails from everybody wanting to help out at LTA/09.
I need to update that  list of people , plus get the days they are available, and what experience they've had at other LSR venues.
Ideally we'd like to have multiple individuals familiar with each position , so that nobody gets stuck on a job for so long a time that they can't also enjoy the actual meet.
We especially need back up in the Timing stand/tower area and at the registration table.
Spend a few hours, train somebody, then they can pass on that skill to another and we can all both see the event from different viewpoints and have a trained base of troops for the future.
We need help setting up Mile Markers, Cones, viewing ramps ( formerly Airport portable stairs), on Friday. Plus Tech in the afternoon.
Sat and Sun we need everybody, obviously, and we may need just a few for a likely pair of private events that recently surfaced the Monday and Tuesday following.
Just drop us a line here, briefly tell us what you can offer.
I've worked in Volunteer organizations for years, and I appreciate any help whether you give us a minute or 24/7.
Join the LTA Staff, see the top of The World.
Bob Wanner...

Offline MiltonP

Re: Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:37 PM »
I am close to biting the motel room bullet and leaving here wednesday instead of thursday.  That will get in there early friday to help with set up.  I have helped lay out cones and dragged some timing wires before as well as the highly desired rock kicking duty!   What do you have to use as a timing tower?  I imagine it is a bit harder to manage if you don't have a good view of the course and shutdown area.

Offline tedgram

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:27:10 PM »
   I can help. I'm a fast learner just tell me what needs to be done. Will be up on the 31st might not stay until the 2nd.

Offline Frank06

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:31:49 AM »
My current plan is to leave Friday a.m. early and ride up (arrive noon or early p.m. ? ); I have to be home sometime Monday.  No experience but am fast learner and technically inclined.  Also own a "Will Talk Cars With Anyone" tee-shirt.   :-P

E-Racer

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 04:51:35 AM »
Hey Bob,  As you know Joe and I will be there.  I know a thing or two about registration..happy to help out.  I'll be bringing my numbers book along.

Offline entropy

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 05:32:18 AM »
Bob,
Gary (TRNorBRN661) and I will roll in around noon on thurs; coming early to help at whatever.

Gary has the strong back, I have the weak mind, turn us loose!!!

Offline sabat

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 09:44:51 AM »
I'll arrive Friday afternoon and can help with motorcycle tech, and anything else.

Hey Donna! Welcome to the board  :cheers:

Offline Commuta_Busa

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »
We'll arrive Thrusday night so we can help out Friday morning where needed. Once the bike has gone through tech we can help out some more. Sat & Sun i hope we'll be busy racing.  :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
The famous "DTIMNEY", herself?  Coolomatic, and howdy, Donya.  It's a pleasure to have you join the Forum, and we all look forward to seeing many posts from you - as time goes past.

As I've already said here, Nancy and I leave for Bonneville on Friday the 31nd of July and therefore won't be attending Loring.  Please think of us -- we'll be riding down the road in our pickup with a big trailer full of race bikes behind us.  And yesterday -- FINALLY!!!-- came confirmation of our lodging out there.  We'll be renting an apartment in West Wendover for the duration of our two and a half months of duties - covering the five events for this website, and even getting in some vacation time.  We'll not only miss Loring, but also the September "bike event" at Maxton.  We do plan, though, to attend the Halloween racing on the Maxton Monster Mile.

Ta-ta for now.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »
Hey Guys,  Thanks for the warm welcome.  Looking forward to seeing you all way up theya'.  Joe and I will be getting in Thursday night so we'll see you all at the track sometime Friday. Jon, sorry we'll miss you and Miss Nancy and all our friends out in B-Ville.  Give them all a warm hug from Joe and I. 

Donna

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »
What a tremendous relief we've experienced in these now crunch days !! If it wasn't for the likes of the Timneys, Turks, our Pal Mark in Maine , Joe Daly and  Jon Wennerberg, all the guys helping out on our website questions, we'd be nowhere where we are today.
I'll have a long Thank - You list  to publish the Day After, one of the benefits of participating in the LSR community.
I almost exhaled, LOL
BOB W 

Offline Lauren O

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »
I might as well volunteer too......cuz Donna is gonna make me anyway :-D  Wont be up until late Friday, gonna try to get the whole day off, but as of now have to work till noon.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 06:27:58 PM »
Lauren,

Great to see you on here again..makes me wish I could make it out from Cali..

John

Offline Lauren O

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
Hey John,

Wish you were going to be able to make it.  I use Josh as my excuse, but the truth is this craziness is in my blood too. It can be bitter sweet to be there without Dave :cry:, but I love it and all of you so much I just can't shake it..... :-D

Offline dtimney

• New folks
  • 205 MPH WooooHooo
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 07:02:53 AM »
Come on Lauren...you know I'd never make you do anything you didn't want to.   You know you loved spending 10 hours a day in the registration trailer with Tonya and I at the June meet selling hats.  At least there won't be the heat to contend with...Just Moose......Joey says, "Hi Honey".   See ya up Theya'

:mrgreen: and  8-)

Joey and Donna