Author Topic: broken tranny  (Read 3196 times)

Offline willieworld

broken tranny
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:47:26 AM »
On Tuesday we ran the bike on the dyno. We had a fuel delivery problem and got that all worked out. After about 15 runs on the dyno Willie was riding the bike while on the dyno and he couldn't ship from 2nd to third. So we took it home and this morning he got a chance to pull it apart and we found a damaged shifting drum and shifting fork. He fixed the drum on the lathe and we  ordered the shifting fork but it won't be here till next week. So I will be at El Mirage but I won't have my little blast with me. Maybe I can get Willie to let me ride his again :roll:
Dang it all.

Enclosed are some pics..

Willie and Sheri Buchta
See you in the dirt.
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

Re: broken tranny
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »
more pics
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:49:09 AM »
a couple more pics.
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 01:07:58 AM »
15 runs on a dyno in a day, come on down to Pecision auto they might be able to cut your dyno time down?  Come to our pits at speedweek an talk to them.   :cheers:

Offline willieworld

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:24:59 AM »
the dyno here is 1 mile from the house we were trying some different things none seamed to work ---dyno time was free--from one of our sponsers---but thanks for the offer   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 01:29:25 AM »
the dyno here is 1 mile from the house we were trying some different things none seamed to work ---dyno time was free--from one of our sponsers---but thanks for the offer   willie buchta

Dyno time is never completely free...who is your sponsor and what did not seem to work?

J

PS, see you two Friday?  Hope you like Tomatoes  :wink:

J

Offline willieworld

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:40:42 AM »
    mitchells modesto harley davidson  great folks--  bring some cool weather with you too  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

landracing

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
hey there is no motor in the chassis  can I now call it "wheels on a stick" and get yelled at... Cause that is what it looks like to me...

JonAmo