Author Topic: New advertisers and supporters of the website  (Read 7469 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
New advertisers and supporters of the website
« on: July 07, 2009, 09:47:02 PM »
Howdy, folks.  Here's some information and/or news -- depending on how you choose to interpret it all.

First of all, we're in the process of setting up Z Custom Leathers with a small ad on the site.  They'll advertise their products -- leather suits, gloves, boots, etc -- and will offer a 10% discount (on a full suit, not just on accessories -- sorry, but that's what they can do) to Forum folks that mention landracing.com during the order process.  Nancy and I have bought Z leathers from the very beginning -- because the fit is super-duper good.  Take a look at their site (www.zcustom.com) and see for yourselves.  Take especial care to look at the sizing charts -- to see how carefully they expect you to measure yourself when buying their stuff.  I sent, for instance, outline drawings of my hands for gloves, my feet for boots.  The fit is, as you'd expect, dandy.

Also -- Mike Cook has asked if he could run an ad and a link to the Stone-Woods-Cook website (www.stonewoodscook.com) so he can show off the car and perhaps sell some memorabilia, like shirts and pins and stuff.  Go to the site and see what you like.  Mention landracing.com, please, so he can see that the ad and the link are working for him.

Thanks again to all of you for staying with this site - and for patronizing the advertisers that pay a buck here and there to help keep the site running.  Reminder -- the existing advertisers are Tiger Racing Products and Atomic Speedware.  Visit them, too, and mention this site. 

Ta-ta for now.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: New advertisers and supporters of the website
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
Thank you to Nick Arias 3rd (Atomic Speedware) Guy Caputo (Tiger racing)  Z Leathers and Mike Cook for supporting out "sport" 

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »
We need a thumbs up like on SH.org. But since we don't I agree with JN. :cheers:Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:02:26 PM »
Listen up, youse guys - we've got a new advertiser on landracing.com.  I'd be really please (and so would they) if you'd click and visit the ad for Speedway Motors.  The ad is on both the home page of the website and on the mail page of the Forum, too.

Just like the other firms that advertise here I'd appreciate it very much if you'd show some support of them by at least checking out their stores online -- if not buying from them, too.  They're all willing to spend a few dollars each month to help keep this place running - and in return it'd be a big boost for the site if you'd show them the courtesy of giving them a chance when you're shopping for something.

And if you do buy something -- do your best to tell them you saw the ad on landracing.com, too, please.  It'll help the site.  Remember -- I'm trying to keep the number of ads to a minimum so we can stay focused on LSR stuff - and the existing sponsors will stay happy if they see we're shopping them.

Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »
Anyone that is traveling through Lincoln Nebraska needs to stop at the SpeedWay speed shop and museum. It is a must see. It will take a 1/2 day min. to go through the museum. Bill Smith has been a supporter of LSR for years. Welcome aboard Bill and team.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »
 :cheers: i deal with Speedway Motors quite often, and, have never had a problem with them.  Got a :Thumper" cam for my hot rod that was broked in half, sent it back and got a new one 2 days later.  Can't beat that kind of service.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »
I see it's been a while since I mentioned our advertisers, so I'll rectumfy that situation.

It costs a handful of money to keep landracing.com up and running continuously.  That's pretty easy to figure out.  And a bunch of you folks that visit the site send money as donations, which funds are used to keep the site running.  I don't like to beg for donations, though, so I have a few advertisers that pay regularly in exchange for their ads being run.  I try to keep the number of ads to a minimum - to keep the clutter down and loading time up.  So -

Please try to keep the advertisers satisfied with their ad expenditure.  Visit their sites, shop their stores, give them a chance to sell their goods to you.  Whether you buy from them is up to you - that'll depend on them having the right stuff at the right price.  But by your simple act of visiting and shopping with them - you've shown that the ads are working, and that's what they pay for.

Well, yes -- but also they might be trying to simply help keep the site up and running, just in support of all of us and landracing.com in general.

So - thanks to Nick Arias III, Speedway Motors, Z Leathers, A2 Wind Tunnel, Guy Caputo's Tiger Racing, and all of the various producers of the videos we have both for gifts and for sale.  And thanks to anyone of you advertisers that I managed to forget.

Enough of this for today.  Let's get back to racing.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »
I am a regular patron of Speedway Motors ... Joe

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »
I support Landracing.com , Speedway Motors and A2 Wind Tunnel.

Hope you all have a Happy Holiday Season,

Oh well off to load the Studebaker for a short trip to a photo shoot.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com