Author Topic: New I/G Streamliner Build  (Read 47168 times)

Offline Jerry O

Re: New I/G Streamliner Build
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 09:24:15 AM »
bvillercr is correct. The wheel wells will be made into the body. I did this so when the body is off the chassis, it will be much easier to service the car.............Jerry

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 09:48:28 AM »
A few more photos of the car.  Forward view of the gauge cluster. The lever on the left is the shifter and the parachute is on the right. I can shift the trans and deploy the chute without taking my hands off the steering wheel.

It may be hard to see but I am using two master cylinders. I have two brake rotors and calipers on the rear that are independent. In the event one fails, I still have brakes.

Another view of driver area.

Here are a couple shots of the roll cage. Gives you a idea as how the driver is positioned

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
 :cheers: Beautiful!!!!  Looking forward to seeing you on the salt.    Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »
Tried that with your firesuit on?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:53:15 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 11:45:32 AM »
Sad to say but true.  I hope you have, things can get tighter than you think with a suit on.   :-D :-D

Offline oneliterlandspeed

• New folks
    • oneliterlandspeed.blogspot
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 11:47:39 AM »
Jerry,

You have done a fine job on your build, First Class. I do have a few things I would like to share with you if your are interested about our world of small streamliners.
terry@ecs-systems.com

Fast Wishes...
Terry
The need for speed...My favorite quote.."You must be fast because I was haul'n a.s.s. when I passed you!"
Luck has little to do with land speed records. Good luck comes from thousands of hours of painstaking details others may not consider important.

3 I/GS records and 1 I/FS record

Online Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »
Jerry, I was looking over the pictures again and it looks like you might have aluminum heim joints in the suspension. if you look at rule 3.T in the 2009 SCTA rule book they (aluminum) are not allowed. Just a heads up. Great look piece for sure though.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »
Sparky.... I have sat in the car with the fire suit on, it is tight but thats the way I like it. In the event of a crash, I don't want to move around in the car. As for the aluminum rod ends, those will be changed to 4130 ends. You guys are doing just what I need you to do. Look the car over and give me feed back. Its a long trip from NC to Bonneville only to have the car fail tech. Thanks again everyone.

JerryO

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
A really nice piece of engineering Quality job!

Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »
Very nice build. Good luck. J.B.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »
is there another inside metal liner panel that comes back to your shoulders that is not installed for your side shot? are there frame tubes or substancial steel plate underneath your body length to keep you from going out the bottom during a pencil roll ? If some one were to grab your knee and yank up and back how much comes above the frame rail?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 02:20:14 PM »
Terry:

Well, what a pleasant surprise to see you on this Forum.  We haven't heard much from you -- or about you -- in quite a while.  It's good to know you're still following the sport.

Nancy still remembers the time you had her sit in your 'liner.  Still remembers the claustrophobic feelings it gave her. . .

Will you be at the Salt this year?  If so -- make sure you look us up for a quick hello -- at least.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline oneliterlandspeed

• New folks
    • oneliterlandspeed.blogspot
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »
Hey Slim,
Very nice to see you noticed...
I'm still alive and well. After the fire in 2002 I have gotten married, built a new shop, built a new home, built a new facility for my business and oh ya rebuilt the streamliner from the ground up to run blown fuel, YES!! we will be back on the salt again in August and September, Don had open heart surgery three weeks ago, he is ok but recovery will take a few months so he will not be on the salt this year.

Jerry think you can't wait to be on the salt for the first time... after 7 years it hurts...man I just can't wait...

I remember very well the day Nancy got in the car, the look was panic and pleasure at the same time...hmmm I think that would sum up every run on the salt LOL. I have converted my web site to a blog site, take a look at    http://oneliterlandspeed.blogspot.com/ 

Fast wishes everybody,

Terry
The need for speed...My favorite quote.."You must be fast because I was haul'n a.s.s. when I passed you!"
Luck has little to do with land speed records. Good luck comes from thousands of hours of painstaking details others may not consider important.

3 I/GS records and 1 I/FS record

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
Jerry,
VERY Very NICE!! Your design and fab skills are pretty appearant.

You know that if you come to B'ville, and I sure hope you do!, you are going against a Costello record which is probably the "softest" if you can call 229 mph soft,of all the records that that car has,  but I would love to see your car.

Rex

Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
Rex......... The Costello record will be the one I go for. Like you said, the I/G record may be the softest one to go for. Still a big challenge for me. I have talked to Jack a few times and he has given me some good advice.

Sparky....... Yes there is other panels in the car. As for tubes under the driver area, I have four tubes going from left rail to right rail spaced equally under the floor. There is also a tube that runs down the centerline of the car for the full length of the drivers area. It is set up with a double floor. The one I sit on that is attached to the top of the frame rails, and the belly pan. The car would have to come completely apart for me to come out of it.  If you pull my knees up and back, no part comes above the top rails. I may have a photo showing the bars, I will post it if I do.........Thanks...Jerry