Author Topic: New I/G Streamliner Build  (Read 47178 times)

Offline Tman

Re: New I/G Streamliner Build
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:37 AM »
Jerry, you are to be commended that you can build this car and not finish it, sell it and STILL have folks like me interested years later! Good craftsmanship is eternal. Hope to talk to you more about my car and ESPECIALLY your turbine car down teh road.  :cheers:

Offline Unkl Ian

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »
Will the new owners have to car at Bonneville this year ?   :?
I guess the answer is "a Secret" .

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »
Ian,       Sorry for the late responce to your question about the liner. I talked with the new owners Jim and Mary True the other day and was told their plans are to run the car at Speedweek this year. They still have some things to finish to be ready but they hope to be there. When they purchased the car from me it was set up to run at Maxton and Loring. For B-ville they had to make several changes. The car will be called the Truz Missile number 318. Since they will not have time to paint it, it will be in primer. I am real excited to see the car finally make a run down the track. Just wish I could be there to see it. I wish them lots of luck and hope to see a new record in their class.

Thanks..... Jerry O

Offline dw230

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
For those who are not familiar with Jim and Mary. Both are members of the Bonneville 200 MPH club. They are faces you see in the Ack Attack videos, they are major players with that team and its success.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Jerry,
You have to be pretty proud now that the Trues' have taken your car to a new "I" class record. I was able to see the car at Speedweek and it looks even better than your build pictures and the Trues' were elated with the car and its outstanding quality.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline sabat

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »
Nice ! What is the new speed?

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
Thanks Rex for the kind words. Yes I am very proud of Jim and Mary on their new record. A little sad I did not get a chance of running the car myself. Knowing their land speed racing back ground, I had no doubt about them setting some records with the car.  They held the old I/GS record using one of Jack Costella's cars. I have not seen what the official speed was. Hopefully this economy will get sorted out real soon and I can get going on my new car. I learned a lot on my first build and hope the new design will be much better. Thanks again............ Jerry O