Author Topic: VP Racing fuel available at Loring Event  (Read 11455 times)

Offline stratman59

Re: VP Racing fuel available at Loring Event
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »
Sorry, Bob i should have started a new topic.
We  have a four wheeler too. We refueled planning on making two more passes
but it was too so we can make two more passesbefore refuel. if it's a problem
we can drain the tank.

Robbie

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »
I've gotten a few emails similar to this, regarding other fuel brands already purchased.    As I said, we are trusting that no one will fill up with a concoction illegal for the class they run, and if you've already bought fuel, you may use it. We would really appreciate it if everyone would utilize our on site provider VP , as they are bringing up a wide varieties of fuels to suit everyones needs that weekend. The point is to always show respect to the local vendors, whether it's hot dogs, fuel, or T-Shirts, it's nice to show our appreciation .
Bob Wanner

Offline Bullet

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 09:50:03 PM »
Can we bring our own MR9? in a sealed drum? (5gal)

Thanks,
Bob.

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
I plan on buying 2 gallons of 100 unleaded to run in production class with if someone is taking count.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
Questions on availability should be directed to Bob Taylor, the VP guy on this topic.
As I stated we 'd prefer our attendees patronizing local vendors, we wish to impress the local economy with our financial input.
Bringing previously purchased fuel is your choice, especially if it's your regular blend and you've tuned for it.
Bob W 

Offline Bullet

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
I think it's great the VP rep is going to be there! :cheers: I just hoped he had MR9, to sell, I would buy it! Just didn't know...if it's ok to run it in the gasoline class, as he was speaking of the Laws in Maine?

Bob.

Offline tedgram

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 10:28:25 PM »
   It can't be sold in Maine don't think there is a problem if you use it. As of last year there are very few stations selling 93 octane gas. Most only sell 91 now for some reason.

Offline legend6me

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 09:49:29 AM »
I was away for the weekend, so I'm just seeing some of these posts this morning.  It looks like there aren't any outstanding questions, but I want to clarify a couple of points that were touched on above.

I don't mind if you use fuel that you already have.  I will be there with fuel for those who need it. 

I am restricted to only selling fuel in sealed containers, that means 5 gallon increments or 30 and 54 gallon drums.

I will assist tech officials with fuel testing upon request.  Questions concerning fuel legality should be directed to tech officials.

Please contact me directly to pre-order.  207-439-3568
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:27:11 AM by legend6me »

Offline half-fast

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
I CAN bring leaded fuel with motor octanes from 96 to 120+

I tried to get VP to supply MR10, but it has been dropped from their product line and they will not make any more.  So, with the MTBE laws as they stand, I cannot bring any of the MR fuels.

For anyone who is interested or thinks that they can help, I've been trying to get an ammendment to the law banning MTBE to allow for racing use only.  I only get one chance a year to propose it to the state through our representative.  If you are a Maine or New Hampshire resident, please let your representative know that this issue is important to you and convince them that you and your fellow racers are responsible enough to keep MTBE contained.

Hello Bob,

I had Bill Taylor autograph my rookie B-ville logbook..How cool is that? :cheers:

Anyway, by looking at the VP site, I can not determine which leaded VP fuels contain MTBE and which do not, I was looking at VP113 but see from one of your earlier posts that VP113 can not be sold in Maine.

If possible could you post a listing of leaded VP fuels that do not contain MTBE?

Offline legend6me

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 11:51:13 AM »
Fuels that are legal for sale in Maine

Leaded (off-road use only):
MS98L, VP110, C11, 2BBL, C12, C14, C14+, C15, C16, NO2, C23, C25, C44

Unleaded:
Streetblaze100, C10, Motorsport109E

Here's a tip for anyone pouring fuel from our 5 gallon pails: Just like pouring oil out of a plastic bottle, the fuel will come out more smoothly if you pour with the spout at the top so air can flow inside more easily.

Offline entropy

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »

Here's a tip for anyone pouring fuel from our 5 gallon pails: Just like pouring oil out of a plastic bottle, the fuel will come out more smoothly if you pour with the spout at the top so air can flow inside more easily.

That is WAY cool!!!!!!

I was at VP HQ in San Antonio last thurs picking up 3 pails of C-44, yakking to Brad.
He had plenty of tips but didn't mention that one  :cheers:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »
Karl, next time you are going to be in the SA area get in touch and we can have lunch.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline entropy

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
Karl, next time you are going to be in the SA area get in touch and we can have lunch.
Fred

Fred, i very much regret that I was soooooo frazzled at the March Texas Mile I did not get to yak with you.

Next time i head down to SA, I will buy you lunch at any joint of your choosing, as long as it meets 2 critical criteria:
1. serves ice cold beer
2. is NOT on the Riverwalk  :-D

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »
Riverwalk??? Whats that? :? I live 20mi north of SA I would rather take a beating than go down town. Hey good luck a Loring.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline dickj

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »
Fred,

Go down town after dark and you're just liable to get that beating!

Didjya make up your mind yet.  Are you going to make it to Bonneville and Loring?

DickJ
In East Texas