Author Topic: What Safty Items needed for G/BGT? I have a rule book ordered...  (Read 5311 times)

Offline tedgram

Car has 150+ capability. Four point roll cage, 5 point harness, 5lb fire extinguisher, SA 2000 Helmet are no problem. Would nomex IIIa coveralls be good for a drivers suit? I also have 18 inch Production wheels, is that a problem? Have been looking at dlrarules they say 17 inch wheels are max.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:41:15 PM by tedgram »

Offline Bob Wanner

Re: What Safty Items needed for G/BGT? I have a rule book ordered...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »
A lot of points to cover from your description. For major starter , cage sounds like it needs more anchor "points" for speeds desired. Get the book, read every word. Don't look for loopholes, it is designed to protect you. Usually after poring over The Rules, everybody has a firm idea of what they need. Then you  reach out if you still have questions.
Bob W

Offline tedgram

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »
  I have been trying to find a suit that I can afford. Would one that is FIA Homologated work for the class I would like to run, it has no SFI rating stated on the label but is three layer Nomex. I will also go with a 6 point roll bar.

A lot of points to cover from your description. For major starter , cage sounds like it needs more anchor "points" for speeds desired. Get the book, read every word. Don't look for loopholes, it is designed to protect you. Usually after poring over The Rules, everybody has a firm idea of what they need. Then you  reach out if you still have questions.
Bob W
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:15:47 PM by tedgram »

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
Ted,
We accept only SFI ratings, in your case, somewhere between SFI 3.2A/10-20, depending on your speeds expected and the engine configuration. Ask around the various LSR websites or Ebay, used is cheaper, just beware too good to be true stuff.
Again,it's all in the Rulebook. The scariest part of LSR to me was passing tech, driving 200 mph is not comparable. Be sure the car is ready. SAFETY is the focus.
Bob Wanner

Offline tedgram

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »
  Any idea how long it takes to get a rule book thru ECTA? Expected it by this weekend, will probably get it Monday. Check hasn't made it to my bank, it's been two weeks. May have to guest run street.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 10:22:53 AM »
ECTA's been busy, event last weekend, Holiday this, and they actually do have personal lives. Wait until Monday, if nothing, email me again, we'll get out a copy from LTA to you.
Bob W

Offline tedgram

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
ECTA's been busy, event last weekend, Holiday this, and they actually do have personal lives. Wait until Monday, if nothing, email me again, we'll get out a copy from LTA to you.
Bob W

Still haven't got a rule book from ECTA. Check for membership still hasn't posted to my bank, so it may be awhile before I get one. I have a down loaded rule book from DLRA but I don't know what the differences will be from our rules. Classes seem similar but there is nothing on driver suits. The driver suit will be my biggest expense if I can get one in time.

Offline dickj

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »
Ted,
Have you run your car in LSR before to have a speed base-line, or are you estimating it's top speed?  What size suit will you need?
Dick J
In East Texas

Offline tedgram

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
Ted,
Have you run your car in LSR before to have a speed base-line, or are you estimating it's top speed?  What size suit will you need?
Dick J
In East Texas

I have not run the car in LSR before. The car will run in G/BGT or G/BGMS. Speed estimate 150 mph. I'm 5'9" tall weight 175 lb should fit in a med or large suit. I have a set of leathers
from when I drag raced motorcycles but need a SFI 15 or 20 suit for these classes.

Offline dickj

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
Contact me by email.  I might be able to help a little.

lsr_man@yahoo.com

DickJ
in East Texas

Offline tedgram

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
   My check to ECTA has cleared, hope to get rule book by this weekend.

Offline greenjunk

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 08:19:20 PM »
you don't need a 15-20 suit to go 150mph....  a 5 is plenty to 150mph.  Its +1 level for a blown car.  a 1 suit is required for up to 150, so a 5 suit will get you to 150 with a 5mph cushion, assuming they're not makng up their own rules and following the ecta-scta's.  Same thing with a 4 point roll bar. it  will get you to 150mph.  i wouldn't expect an audi tt to run over 150.  a 300rwhp mustang runs 159mph in the standing mile with a bunch of aero mods.  you can expect about 10% more in a half mile.  Assuming you're arund 250 to the tires I would assume somewhere in the high 140 range.
David
213mph Time Bomb Camaro

Offline tedgram

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »
 Class record is 160 mph so you have to have a 6 point bar and a 15 suit because car has a turbo as I understand. I will just go up and run street this time. I can run 144 mph at red line in 5th gear. 6th gear would put me at 152 mph if I could pull it, which I doubt.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:49:47 PM by tedgram »

Offline tedgram

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 09:14:03 AM »
  Have rule book, going thru it today!