Author Topic: Thanks to the Volunteers!!  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Thanks to the Volunteers!!
« on: June 30, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
Sorry I didn't get this out yesterday, but our router died.

As always, BIGGEST THANKS to all our wonderful volunteers at the June meet.  It was hot as Hell but we hung in there pretty well and got the job done.  I wilted from time to time but the rest of you seemed to keep going pretty well.  A special thanks to Steve (White Monster) for filling in for Al as Chief Starter.  Al's still pretty well bashed up - best of luck to the ol' boy (he's healing, but it takes time). 

On the "Injured-disabled list" - Al Freitas, of course, as his broken ribs heal from the bike accident.  And Joe Roberts (Main Dude in Shutdown), who is undergoing chemo.  God speed to both of you and best from the whole ECTA crew.

I don't think I mentioned in past "Thank You's" but Kim Beall was selected for Volunteer of the Year last year.  A well deserved honor.  She staffs the front gate and is as reliable as they come.  She also is cheerful and informative, presenting a great first impression of the ECTA to all who enter.  A real sweetheart!  BTW - Kim is the Significant Other of Bill Murphy, the guy with the flat black early Mustang - it's been in HRM at least a time or two.

Again - THANKS to ALL for making these meets possible

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline MiltonP

Re: Thanks to the Volunteers!! - Ditto
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »
I second that.  I didn't contribute as much as last time out but will hopefully make up for it on Friday in September.  At least I will know where to lay down the timing cables next time around.  :roll:  Also want to send a shout out to Jon, Deb and Bill for their help with my tuck issues!  Glad I could give you all a laugh.  It definitely helps keep me going while running solo with you and the rest of the gang around.   
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:54:33 PM by MiltonP »

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
Re: Thanks to the Volunteers!!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:26:25 PM »
All the volunteers were awesome at this meet.  To brave the heat and just keep going so we could race was way above the call.  Thanks to each of you.  You made it possible for our team to set 7 records in the weekend.  Obviously you are all the best and any record we set, you set.  Thanks again. :cheers:
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
Roadrazor Greg--I wanted to throw sticks out in front of your bike but Joe R wouldn.t let me. Seriously congrats to you and all the other record setters. Does the heat help?
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »
Ken,, the heat never helps !!  (except dry out a damp/wet track)  I hate Hot weather,,, see you in September.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »
Roadrazor Greg--I wanted to throw sticks out in front of your bike but Joe R wouldn.t let me. Seriously congrats to you and all the other record setters. Does the heat help?
The only thing the heat helped was my weight stay down.  But then maybe not, my leathers were rather heavy at the end of the day.  Though it was hot and I complained, it was as always a blast.  For the ones headed to Loring, I'll see you there.  I'll catch up with everyone else in September.   
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.