Author Topic: medical form and tire waiver  (Read 3230 times)

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
medical form and tire waiver
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:33:46 AM »
I may have missed it here, but didn't see it covered.  I looked on the LTA website and didn't see the tire waiver, medical release form.  I wasn't sure if you were using the ECTA form or not.  I have a current one for the ECTA, but need to do them for the LTA.  Just trying to be ahead of the game.  Entry forms are going out today as the bikes came back in good shape from Maxton.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline White Monster

Re: medical form and tire waiver
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
Note on the LTA website ...

"When you pre-register, we will send a medical form, tire waiver, (applies to over 187 MPH), and sample vehicle checklist to aid in prep of your vehicle".
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »
We neglected to send out the forms we indicated we would, we apologize for that.
In order to serve everybody equally, we'll only provide those forms at the track, starting Friday, July 31 . They are short forms, easy to fill out quickly. The Tire waiver is a relatively new form, encouraged by insurance companies . The medical form is to show you are healthy enough to engage in the sport, and the Check list was a throw-in, designed basically for newbies, but really applicable to all. 
This is absolutely the last screw up...yeah, right.
Bob Wanner

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:42 PM »
We neglected to send out the forms we indicated we would, we apologize for that.
In order to serve everybody equally, we'll only provide those forms at the track, starting Friday, July 31 . They are short forms, easy to fill out quickly. The Tire waiver is a relatively new form, encouraged by insurance companies . The medical form is to show you are healthy enough to engage in the sport, and the Check list was a throw-in, designed basically for newbies, but really applicable to all. 
This is absolutely the last screw up...yeah, right.
Bob Wanner

I wonder if someone comes all the way up to Maine and then is turned down for medical reasons, that is an expensive trip for nothing. If you can pass muster for Maxton will that be acceptable for Loring? I've been running for two years at Maxton, drove a sprint car at the Darlington Historical Races last year and am entered for this years event with no problems, but I'm an old man (66)with some medical issues including quintuple heart bypass (5 years ago) and a Kidney transplant (32 years ago) My entry was going in the mail next week, but I'd like to know before I travel that far.
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »
The Medical info form asks for your medical insurance company, emergency contacts, a brief medical history, medicine allergies, and has a authorization for a qualified person to administer first aid in the event the entrant is unable to do so themself.
It is really a form to provide info for medical professionals to administer help if needed.
It is the same one you'd fill out at Maxton.
You are responsible for yourself when you are conscious, we would only decide against your participation if you were visibly incapable, such as under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
Really sorry for this SNAFU, we are new here.
Bob Wanner

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »
The Medical info form asks for your medical insurance company, emergency contacts, a brief medical history, medicine allergies, and has a authorization for a qualified person to administer first aid in the event the entrant is unable to do so themself.
It is really a form to provide info for medical professionals to administer help if needed.
It is the same one you'd fill out at Maxton.
You are responsible for yourself when you are conscious, we would only decide against your participation if you were visibly incapable, such as under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
Really sorry for this SNAFU, we are new here.
Bob Wanner

Thanks Bob for clearing that up for me, I'll see you at Loring!!
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!