Author Topic: June Photos  (Read 9183 times)

Offline dwphotos

• New folks
    • DW Photos Online
June Photos
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »
Hey Guys
Just got through viewing and sorting the pics from this weekend and here's a few bike pics from Sat. I'll have some four wheel pics posted here tomorrow after I get home from my "real" job. I tried a couple of different tune ups on the camera and it looks like I will have to do a little extra editing this time before I can post them on my site. I guess I went the wrong way. LOL I'll have them all up in a couple of days. Thanks to all the ECTA folks and all the racers that sweated it out all weekend to make a very good showing regardless of the high temps.

Thanks
DW

HERE'S A COUPLE OF THE NOW FAMOUS MAXTON MINI WHEELIE

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
Re: June Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:49:53 PM »
DW,

Thanks for the photos..Always love the bikes, not too sure about the wheelies at those speeds!!!

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline joea

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 01:32:35 AM »
interesting, the two wheelies are kaws...

the first one, wonder if the front suspension is compressed,
such as after a bump....nice how the ram air snorkel is up against the fender....

and how tall is the second wheelie guy....he makes that zx 14 look small....

Fast Dean looks good on the yellow naked bike....but unless that pizza party
was ginormous....im wondering how much air his leathers are taking in.......

busa back tire of 5112 looks so different than the blue busa.....all hp..or
the profile/size that much different..?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:43 AM »

such as after a bump....nice how the ram air snorkel is up against the fender....good eye..

and how tall is the second wheelie guy....he makes that zx 14 look small....That is Jon Wennerberg..On the one naked ZX12 the rider appears to be wearing an aerodynamic speed hump in his leathers..?

Is that legal at Maxton..or is that just the "mandatory back protector sticking up "

Fast Dean looks good on the yellow naked bike....but unless that pizza party
was ginormous....im wondering how much air his leathers are taking in.......Looks like a lot of air coming in..hope they don't open like mine did.. :-o

the profile/size that much different..?  5112 is Bill with a 240 tire and a big azz turbo.. :wink:

Offline sabat

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
Great pictures Mr Whealon, thanks  :cheers:

And wow, I do look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, yikes. I don't think that's helping me.

Offline WildBro

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »

the profile/size that much different..?  5112 is Bill with a 240 tire and a big azz turbo.. :wink:

Bike is still leaning to the right. Never got to put the fairies on.  Got to figure out why the darn bike is doing this. 

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:52:56 AM »
On the one naked ZX12 the rider appears to be wearing an aerodynamic speed hump in his leathers..?

Is that legal at Maxton..or is that just the "mandatory back protector sticking up "

It's legal at Maxton. We go with the no streamlining forward of the rider rule. I think it's a hump, I'm not positive, doesn't really matter as it's legal either way.

Bike is still leaning to the right. Never got to put the fairies on.  Got to figure out why the darn bike is doing this. 

Bill

I thought I saw you with the fairings on in tech or did the heat just get to me? So you didn't make any faired passes then?

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:56:24 AM »
Thanks Deb, I was not sure and I remember that most of the rules follow SCTA's..

John

Offline WildBro

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »
On the one naked ZX12 the rider appears to be wearing an aerodynamic speed hump in his leathers..?

It's legal at Maxton. We go with the no streamlining forward of the rider rule. I think it's a hump, I'm not positive, doesn't really matter as it's legal either way.

Bill

I thought I saw you with the fairings on in tech or did the heat just get to me? So you didn't make any faired passes then?

Debbie
Correct, teched into my class and then ran naked to test out the bike.
  I thought you were taking  notes
  :-D
Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 10:17:27 AM »
No problem John. Most of the rules are the same but not all. Most of the differences are safety related but I think a few of the new ones will have a one year lapse due to timing issues with the rulebooks being printed. A great effort was made to both allow SCTA racers to be legal at ECTA as they run with SCTA and to also not knock some of our veteran ECTA only racers out of racing in the classes & configurations they've been running over the years. It's a fine line and they're trying to do the best they can to keep everyone racing!  :cheers:

Debbie

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »

Bill

Debbie
Correct, teched into my class and then ran naked to test out the bike.
  I thought you were taking  notes
  :-D
Bill

Ahh ok. Sorry to hear you had some trouble! Taking notes? Heck no! I can barely keep up with my own team and half the time I don't. I try to observe a lot while I'm running from here to there and every once in a while things don't add up! This one for instance where I swear I saw the fairies & thought cool Bill's running faired again and I'm pretty sure you didn't have the tail on and then the pic turns up naked but after checking you're in faired class so then I just go hmmmmm..... and so I ask for no other reason then to try to figure out if I was suffering a heat mirage or if you just changed up to test it out!  Ok, that was way to deep into my thought patterns and y'all are probably as  :-o about it as I am after reading it!  :-D

Hope you get it figure out for Loring! It should be a blast to have a little elbow room to run and shut down with traction!  :cheers:

Debbie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
I teched Bill's bike  Friday -- and he did have the front fairing on it then, but he said he'd be taking it off later.  Q.E.D.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dwphotos

• New folks
    • DW Photos Online
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
Hey ya'll
Just got home from work and here's a few four wheel pics as promised. Should have all the pics posted on my site later tonite.
Thanks for all the compliments.

DW

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 12:01:45 AM »
I was taking pics from the tower and the father (Steve DiMartino) of the driver (Andrew) of this car wanted a photo with the chute coming out...

http://www.frsengineering.com/9063.JPG
click this link for full size

Congrats on the new records for both Steve and Andrew DiMartino
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:25:37 AM by Rchop »
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline shiphteey

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 10:15:23 PM »

----Haha.

such as after a bump....nice how the ram air snorkel is up against the fender....

----As you may already know the ZX12 ram air mouthpiece is usually mounted via a metal bracket with 2 screws to the upper cowling...since I wasn't running the cowling I couldn't "mount" it to either the fender or the headlight.  In the pits it usually rests somewhere in between the fender and headlight.  Wiggling it around it seemed to have some normal flex but nothing that would affect safety.  The front forks are not slid through the upper triple like on some lowered bikes, rather, it is internally lowered about 2 inches or so which does have the gap between the ram air and front fender at about 1".  No front strap was on the bike during this event.  Hope this helps.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4