Author Topic: Will Scott IV  (Read 2933 times)

Offline desotoman

Will Scott IV
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:30:37 PM »
I received a phone call informing me that Will Scott passed away yesterday. Will had been in the hospital for the last two months. Will was a member of the Gold Coast Roadster Club, and gave tours at the Gasoline Museum of Jack Mendenhall. When Services are announced I will post the time and location.

God's Speed Will.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Will Scott IV
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
Tom, thanks for the update, Will was a great person and will be missed. Always enjoyed visiting with him at the GAs Up.

RIP Will :cry:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »
Will was always so helpful as I did the album fotos at Gas Up. Anything I needed was made available. Blank CD's for back up appeared immediately and his computer and printer were always at the ready. When I asked for documents that were related to the earliest events, he shipped them immediately. For the things he didn't get done, there were so many things that he did accomplish that were easily overlooked. He was a true soldier.

My condolences to his son and the remainder of his family.

FREUD
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:19:39 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
Many times in the last couple years I have called Will and said " I have a couple friend going to be visiting me this next week. What day will you be able to show them around the museum?" He would say " Anytime in the afternoon after I've had my dialysis treatment " No matter how wore out he was he always went out of his way to explain in as much detail as the people could grasp about the items.    RIP Will
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:06:23 PM »
There will be a memorial service for Will at the Mendenhall Museum in Buellton on July 9th beginning at
1 pm.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.