Author Topic: June Maxton race results and information::  (Read 17229 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: June Maxton race results and information::
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »
OK, I'm sorry for picking on the bike bunch :-D, Did the Cajun Kid run the Vicky??
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 06:51:02 PM »
Okay, Glen, you're more than forgiven.  I'd like an extra three or four MPH on my time at SpeedWeek in exchange, okay?

First of all -- I know that Charles ran the Vicky -- we heard it,. and it sounds great.  I don't have a speed for him -- and I didn't see him run after that -- so I don't have any information.  I'll try to dig up some at the pizza tonight.

Next -- here are the record logs from about 5PM today.

They might not be in proper order -- the Phgotobucket machine is scrambling them.  But they're up to date save for the last hour.  It was a hot event -- after five PM there were only three or four competitors running, and Joe Timney, in the tower, kept calling for more racers -- we could run laps.  That's how hot it was -- I made my last run about 2.30 and was slow -- headwind, of course, and also just no pizzazz left in me.  Too Dodge hot!

Now -- for those of you that might know him, here's Big Al, our starter, that crashed his bike on the way to the meet back in May.  See if you can read his t-shirt.  It was awaiting him, sent by an "anonymous" donor, here at the Pine Acres:

And finally (for now, at least) some eye candy.  What would a meet bne without good-looking ladies, and Todd getting in the photo, too?

That's it for tonight, boys and girls.  If you want to go see other photos you're welcome to go to photobucket and the Seldom Seen Slim section.  I've got lots more race photos to load -- but these are the only ones there now.  I'll get more up once I finish this post.  Pizza's ready!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:56:05 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline stratman59

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »
Glen
Charles went 149.9xxx something the first run i didnt see the second
sorry

later
robbie

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »
THANK YOU JON . As a stuck at home person ,this is a big help . I just cant miss another meet .
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
Glen,,, man it was hot.... my first run was 149.98xx.. ooh that elusive 150 MPH...

We went back to the pits after the 149.9 run and added a hot weather tune,,, my motor guy did his job...
For the second run ,I did not do my job quite as well,, I launched hard and roasted the tires in first, good shift to second, but hit third way to soon ,dropping out of the peak power range , then the CROSSING HEAD WIND got me near the last patch before the finish line and then again at the finish, I thought I was going to take out some cones on the left side of short shutdown, Vicky was throwing a tantrum and did not want to stop short, so took a ride down long shutdown,,,

But I did make my goal to break the 150 MPH barrier.. wow,, it was fun but HOT,,, now that I exceeded my tech limit (by .3mph...) it was to some A/C in the truck and the 2.5 hour ride back to the shop... Have to get more safety stuff installed to tech to 175 by September,,,, (just in case the Stude is not done by then....

Second Run  150.3xx ?

I will post the in car video later tonight,,,,

Charles
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:37:40 PM by Cajun Kid »
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 10:23:31 PM »
WOW, I am happy for you. The personal goals mean a lot and all of the hard work is then worth it.I hope you get a nice trophy.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 10:40:55 PM »
Congratulations Charles, great job, cant wait for the Stude.

And Forstall, Knecum, and Deluca, awsome as always.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

06EvoRS4G/PS

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 10:44:15 PM »
Congrats Charles on your 150  :-) it sounds like a great time. I wish we were ready, but we will have to wait till Sept, Oct :-(. To everyone else have a safe meet and good luck. Jim
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:49:27 PM by 06EvoRS4G/PS »

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 11:32:43 PM »
Jim,  thanks... hope you make it out for the September and October meets... Not near as hot and muggy...

Take care.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »
8.27 Sunday morning and Joe's just announced that the first run of the day is about to leave the line.  It's about 75F and 5-8MPH breeze from the north (headwind).

I'll be in touch, folks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Okay -- the "Bonneville Tune-up" ECTA meet -- June 2009 -- is history.  It was a fine meet, without too many racers - and that's a good thing, because the temps were so high and the humidity, too - that lots of folks were felling right on the edge of being ill.  Yes, it's a good way to get in shape for Bville -- learn how to sweat and how to stay hydrated.

First of all -- there was one entrant to the ECTA 200 MPH Club this event.  Ali Akubar (I don't think I spelled that right, but I'm close.  On this Forum he goes by "Shiphteey") made it look easy.  He started racing at Maxton a while back and expected to be abkle to breeze into the Club, and sure enough, just less than four years later -- he's in!  Here's him showing off his new shirt:

From left ot right there's me, Deb Dross, Joe Timney, Ali, Keith, Tonya, and Todd Dross.

And here are the record sheets from today (and a bit of yesterday's runs, too):

Other than that -- well, the ECTA ladies promise to try like the dickens to have all of the data up on the ECTA site later tonight, maybe, or tomorrow, for sure, probably, they hope. 

The weather today, by the way, was way nicer than yesterday.  We had a bit of cloud cover a good portion of the day, and although the thermometer here in the truck (as we're headed west on I-74) says 95 -- I doubt that it was over 90 at the race track.  It felt about mid-80s, and the humidity wasn't so high as yesterday, and there was a nice breeze of five miles/hour or so.  It moved around all day long -- no tailewind, headwind, or even cross-wind to bother the racers -- just enough to keep us comfy.

Because the turnout was low we were treated to Joe, up in the tower, begging for racers to get down to the start line a few times late today, and oncde I think he was singing - he was that lonely.  Either it was singing or he had gas pains -- I wasn't sure which was which.

Anyway, that's it from Maxton for this month.  Lots of folks siad they were planning on going to Loring.  Keith, at the driver's meeting yesterday, asked for a show of hands -- and by golly a bunch were raised.  I hope everyone leanred lots this weekend and didn't blow u[ anything big -- because that inaugural event oughta be something super, at least as far as the Maxton racers implied. 

Best wishes for a good month, everyone.  Nancy's driving and I'm signing off for now. 

Oh, yeah -- I got to drive a Hayabusa for the first time ever today.  Nice bike, and thanks, Deb, for letting me ride it.

PS  No, I didn't set a record -- but then, why would I have wanted to do that -- it was my own record set on my Kawasaki.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 03:23:27 PM »
Jon,

Thanks for the reporting and information/pictures...  :wink:

Ali congrats on getting in, you have definitely put your time in.. :cheers:

Deb now with giving Jon a ride on a Busa he will be trading in that Cowasawkey... :lol:

John

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
Keith WHO?>
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »
Keith WHO?>

Glen,

MR. Tonya Turk... :wink:

Offline Jerry O

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
I would like to send out a special thanks to Joe Timney and Keith Turk. I finally got my newly built I/G streamliner completed enough  to take to Maxton on Saturday  to have the guys check it out. Since this is my first LS build I wanted to make sure everything was in order. Joe and Keith both took time out of their busy schedule to look the car over and give me some very valuable advice. They made me and my wife feel very welcome to be a part of the landspeed comunity. I got to meet a lot of very friendly people at the meet and hope to be running the car soon. Thanks again Joe and Keith.