Author Topic: MR. Sandra Bullock is running at El Mirage tomorrow..  (Read 12502 times)

Offline jl222

Re: MR. Sandra Bullock is running at El Mirage tomorrow..
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
JL222 the car meets all of the SCTA/BNI safety requirements. However there is no class for them. They can't get a red hat on private time. They are given a certificate of speed only. It is not a record. He knew going in that it would not be a record. If they decide to run at SW or Cooks Land Speed Events  private meet it will be for time only. I hope that we can see more of this vehicle on the salt. At this time I haven't heard if any future attempts will be made at El Mirage. Again it will not be under SCTA sanction.

Glen i was not referring to JJs car I was referring to others in the bville 2 club who have in the past and future. Have they all met the SCTA/BNI safety requirements and do they have to?
   Does the Bville 2 club no longer recognize private meets as they have in the past?

JL222

Glen I was referring to JD's 4th paragraph in his post , got to learn how to cut and paste
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:32:47 PM by jl222 »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »
I don't have the answer to what the Bonneville 200 club does as far as allowing members in. Pat Kinney is the best one to answer. They are not part of SCTA/BNI except the records set are on one of the venues on the salt. They usually have a rep on site but they have to fall within the SCTA/BNI & USFRA rule book. The FIA & FIM rules are different then ours as are The AMA stuff at the Bub meet.

I do know that there are honorary members in the Bonneville roster and several were set at other tracks and not on the salt.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 01:45:17 PM »
Glen, I'm not sure on the Red Hat during a private time trials. In September of 1971 Bobby Isaac went to Bonneville and set many speed records for a "Nascar car" and was inducted to the Bonneville 200 MPH Club for his accomplishment  I looked up a lot of info after Russ Wicks went faster on the Salt but he has never asked for any recognition from the club as far as I know. Someone else may know more on that subject since I'm no longer on that board but I believe their were others especially with jet engine powered vehicles.

The Bonneville 200 MPH Club is independant of SCTA and BNI and can recognize speed records which do exist on others venues and are "broken on the salt". If you look at the inductees prior to 1952 you will differing speeds, slower dated after faster, which mean all were not for the ultimate speed record but for some type of displacement, open wheels, etc.

Andy Green was a honorary member for going 760 at Black Rock. He even stated at the 2 Club Banquet that he was now a "real" member after driving the diesel liner to a BNI listed record.

I would not put it past Jesse to have a private meet at Bonneville and break the hydrgen record speed by a lot more that 13 mph. As for what it "offically" is, or if it is an FIA record I have no idea. But if it is "Official" and Jesse breaks it on the salt at over 200 MPH; I feel it will up to the club to recognize it. If I were him I would keep a low profile on that part.............The 200 MPH Club Board of Directors makes these determinations.

I'm sure he will never take that "hat" off...JD

First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »
JD my point was that questions regarding the 200 MPH club should be directed to them. Just as rules questions should be directed to the SCTA rules and Regulations section on the SCTA web site. This web site has a lot of great people on it and is very useful but for any official answer they should be directed to that assoc.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 10:25:23 PM »
Pretty hard to deny Cmdr. Green a hat of some sort.

Jesse could be stimulating Landspeed participation with his antics.

Good or bad????
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

McRat

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 10:35:12 PM »
Pretty hard to deny Cmdr. Green a hat of some sort.

Jesse could be stimulating Landspeed participation with his antics.

Good or bad????

More hotrodders = more betta.

:cheers:

High Schools no longer have autoshops.  Drag strips are closing left and right.  Wrenching is becoming a lost art.  A 5" exhaust and a 1000w stereo is what many youth today consider to be a racecar.  NASCAR is the #1 motorsport and is neither a participant sport, nor does any of the technology apply to today's cars.  Street racing is considered "real racing" to many of them.

Glamorizing Land Speed Racing, Dragracing, and other sportsman class racing might perhaps have a positive effect on the next generation.  Maybe they will laugh when they see a bottle of NAWWWSSS explode into a fireball when hit with a 9mm (Fast and Furious), and think playing Nintendo on their dash radio is lame.