Author Topic: MR. Sandra Bullock is running at El Mirage tomorrow..  (Read 12511 times)

Offline Brian Westerdahl

Re: MR. Sandra Bullock is running at El Mirage tomorrow..
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »
Remember guys its a TV show.

McRat

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
Is it the same TV show that Tonya Harding is on?

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
i couldn't tell ya.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline RichFox

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
No Tonta is on Tru TV I think. Something about dumb criminals

McRat

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »
No Tonta is on Tru TV I think. Something about dumb criminals

I think the show she's on is called, "The Smoking Gun Presents:  World's Dumbest".

:wink:

Seriously though, I think the car sounded cool, and building a hydrogen hotrod is great.  I always try to separate people from parts; a cool car is cool no matter who the owner is.

I really liked that Impala that JJ put hundreds of power tool batteries in, and ran it at the dragstrip as well.  The only problem being that the V28 batteries are $200 each.  :x  Kinda bites when you burn out a battery in a $400 tool only to find out that the replacement batteries cost just as much as the whole tool kit.

McRat

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »
Here's the scoop as I've been told:

Jesse James went 199 mph for the informal record of fastest Hydrogen Powered Car after spending 2 years with his team working on the 777 ? streamliner.  Mike Cook Jr and his crew did the course and some wrenching.  Forgot who was doing the timing.  Jesse had to first run up to 150, etc, just like everyone does, and did a good job driving I'm told.

Congrats out to JJ, Cook, and all those involved. :cheers:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:29:12 PM by McRat »

McRat

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »
Oh, the reason they did not do it during an official SCTA event was because the film crew for the TV show would have disrupted the racing for the other participants.

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »
all you cry babies need to get your facts straight. first of all it was a shoot for the TV show Jesse James is a dead men. they have been building this car for over a year and have worked very hard on it. the record is for an alternative fuel vehical which was held by bmw at 187 mph. the clock that were used are the same clocks we use at all the fia/fim meets. the only reason pepole go to private meets because of the time it takes to film. so they don't hold up the meet for every else. scta/bni do not do privet time meets. they do plan on running a scta meet in the future. and as far as i know Jesse has never been banned form any events for cheating. and don't be mad that his wife is a hot rich movie star. don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house . we spent time with both of these pepole and there about down to earth as you can get.....................

MIKE COOK JR  
Mike cook jr

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »
all you cry babies need to get your facts straight. first of all it was a shoot for the TV show Jesse James is a dead men. they have been building this car for over a year and have worked very hard on it. the record is for an alternative fuel vehical which was held by bmw at 187 mph. the clock that were used are the same clocks we use at all the fia/fim meets. the only reason pepole go to private meets because of the time it takes to film. so they don't hold up the meet for every else. scta/bni do not do privet time meets. they do plan on running a scta meet in the future. and as far as i know Jesse has never been banned form any events for cheating. and don't be mad that his wife is a hot rich movie star. don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house . we spent time with both of these pepole and there about down to earth as you can get.....................

MIKE COOK JR  

Nobody here crying CJR.. :wink:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cheers:

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 06:42:53 PM »
So he's trying break Rick Byrnes 207.279 hydrogen-powered record?   :? :?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »
Here is the scoop, he did break a record.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090617/CARNEWS/906179969

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »
To correct statements about SCTA they were not in anyway involved in the timing of the streamliner. The timing contract was with Land Speed Events/Cook Motorsports. The timing was done by chronologic timing and all equipment was the property of those noted.

SCTA does not do private timing at any time. All permits,emergency and course equipment were handled by LSE and the Jesse James group. Please leave the SCTA out of this thread. As stated above the project was two years in the making and will be a serious project in the future.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:25:11 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »
Okay, everyone -- let's not get into a cranky discussion here.  I'm happy to have discussion of all land speed events and stuff on this Forum, whether or not it is sanctioned by any of the bodies that do that kind of stuff.  Some folks may feel that a time that isn't measured by one of the bodies -- SCTA as an example -- isn't as "good" as a time that they do measure -- that's a personal opinion which may or may not be a correct statement as to the accuracy of the measurement.  By the same token, if an "event" is staged by anyone that isn't the "favorite" sanctioning body or organization of any of you -- it doesn't matter, does it -- unless you're implying that you don't like it because it wasn't open to you and all of your friends/fellow racers.

Okay -- back to land speed racing.  Thanks Mike Jr. and Glen and McRat and Jesse James, and I don't know anything about him or hi wife, but if they're trying to become valid land speed racers -- more power to them.  If the way he makes a living overlaps into our kind of racing -- well, so what -- as long as his income-earning doesn't mean I have to wait in line a bunch longer than I otherwise would have to wait.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com