Author Topic: BUB Trials  (Read 12349 times)

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
Re: BUB Trials
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 07:17:41 PM »
Do I get residuals for the sequel?

Offline willieworld

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 08:19:36 PM »
yes larry your check is in the mail  and the best of luck at the bub meet      willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »
kent i didnt say that my sidecar did any of those things in fact it runs straight and doesnt pull to either side at any time --i was talking about sidecars in general --i know i had one on a road king ---my sidecar wheel weighs 58 lbs (measured at the el mirage meet in june in tech)  but i know if i added 132 lbs to the sidecar the bike wouldnt handle as good as it does now--- oh yea i forgot your the smart one and everyone else is stupid                                 willie buchta
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:33:49 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline bak189

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
Willie, Willie, Willie......I have posted since 1987 a milion times why "insurance is not the reason" for no passengers at SCTA/BNI.......the short and the long of it is SCTA/BNI is a CAR-CLUB....read John N. post and there is your answer.........also Kent is correct ...(again as usual) it certainly it appears you have a major problem with your outfit in regards to handling........we have been at 187mph with a 180lbs passenger and the outfit ran straight as a arrow........................................................................

Question authority.....always

Offline willieworld

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »
bob  why would you spread a lie like that --kent has posted lies on here before about my bike  and i thought you were a smarter person than to believe lies   and i thought you were both better persons than that    im not sure why anyone would lie about someone elses bike on this forum   but shame on you both                 willie buchta

kent you can have the last lie    im done posting on this thread   this is neither constructive or entertaining
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:02:46 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline joea

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »
on the contrary.......this is both constructive.....and entertaining......!!!

seriously the handling issue........effects ALL of us......and any thinking
and discussion towards this topic is......immensely important...and will
help someone out there/here.......

willie please dont clam up.....this might not be easy or comfortable.....but
all this input is priceless.........to someone....

while im here.......willie....bak etal......if any of you are around the black
hills of sd in near future......say for the sturgis rally........ya have a place
to sleep and relax here at out place.......(bak never takes me up on the offer
even though he is here every year).......

Joe :)

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
Joe, I am working with Legend Air out of Rapid City so I will be in Sturgis this year. I will at least give you a holler.

Offline bak189

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
Willie, we are only trying to help..........but now I give up, it appears that you fully understand what is
needed to build a safe LSR sidecar outfit.......Happy Racing.........................................................

Yep, old Bak will again be at the Sturgis Rally this year.....but not for fun......but to work.......the fun went away about 15 years ago........any of you there for fun, come by the big Barnett  truck next to the convention center in down town Sturgis..............and Joea, thanks again for the offer, but Mike Taylor
(owner/President of Barnett and sidecar passenger extraordinaire) takes good care of us......................
Question authority.....always

Offline willieworld

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
joea maybe you are right i just dont understand how spreading lies about my bike is helpful to anyone and you see how one guy spreads the lies and the other one believe them --i dont know why someone would do that --there is absolutely no basis for the lies that kent has spread about my bike---i built the frame on my bike and i tried to make it a good solid frame ---the front end i had was too long and being on a budget i just added more rake to the frame to get the height i wanted so i ended up with between 52 and 55 degrees of rake(depending on the ride height) which i didnt think would cause a problem and it hasnt not for any tech official and and not for me --it seams the only that has a problem with it is kent and i have not a clue why---anyway enough of that ---i think ive posted on this site before that what works for one does not always work for all--some of the things that can make your bike ill handling that ive found are --tires--wheel spokes--wheel balance--out of true wheels--loose swingarm bolts--worn swingarm bushings or bearings--swing arm flex--no trail or very little trail--fork flex below the triple trees either lateral or twisting--frame flex especially around the steering head ---one that drove me crazy was the rear shocks didnt have the same spring rating --or a combination of any of the above --i think that if you get all of these things right then you can get away with less or more rake and trail  but if you get 2 or more of them wrong you will have serious trouble ---i make no recommendations as to rake and trail unless i build the bike --my advise is to do the research and make up your own mind ---there a lot of experts on land racing some good some bad and sometimes its hard to tell the difference --DO THE RESEARCH   just some thoughts ---sorry bob for hijacking your thread           willie buchta
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:58:07 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta