Author Topic: BUB Trials  (Read 12376 times)

Re: BUB Trials
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »
Think about this Willie, if you run the BUB with your sidecar I understand you have a good chance in making $800.00 Cash for the fastest "normal" sidecar, dollars put out there by Bakker Motorsports.....................................................
You don't have to run a passenger.... you have the option and still get the monies.......................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 09:57:26 PM »
bob i just ran 135 at el mirage for a new gas record --if the 800 dollars was for the fastest 1000cc sc pg i might have a chance -- i have been to bub as a spectator  and had a great time ---thanks for the invite                                       willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline joea

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 11:02:19 PM »
bub..."normal" sidecar...."without passenger".....

thats just like the scta rules...it sounds like....

wheel on a stick...?

the classes and rules are more alike than different i think...

thats pretty cool....

Offline willieworld

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
bub  passenger or 132 lbs on the sidecar-----scta NO passenger sidecar has to weigh 10% of the rig   actually i carry 58 lbs so we are only about 70 lbs apart which should make absolutely no difference at bonneville as far as mph--i wouldnt want someone riding on my sidecar at least someone i cared about ---at the scta events you used to have to carry a passenger up until the late 80s then i think the insurance put a stop to it --and you know i sure get tired of hearing that wheel on a stick $hit---willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline joea

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 12:52:40 AM »
Willie..........picked up the "wh--l on a stick "......reference from bak189.......

Joe :)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 01:06:05 AM »
Or the new guy 1194..

:cheers:

Offline bak189

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »
1987.......last year for passengers at SCTA/BNI.......AND insurance had NOTHING to to with it............

Willie, is correct 132lbs on the outfit or the option of a passenger at the BUB...................................
Question authority.....always

Offline willieworld

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 02:08:05 PM »
at first i thought that   wheel on a stick  was cute---then it got really old --now its way beyond that -- when you try to stop a sidecar rig  the sidecar tries to pass the bike and when you accelerate the bike tries to pass the sidecar   ---the heaver the sidecar the worse this problem becomes--i dont know what kind of fool would want to  intentally make there rig unstable but i guess there is 1 or 2 in every crowd ---i and everyone else that goes through tech with a sidecar has met the rules whatever event it is --i will not add 132 lbs to my sidecar if the scta says i have to then i will build something and hang my sidecar rig from the ceiling in the shop------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 03:22:44 PM »
bob you have posted here hundreds of times that " insurance had nothing to do with it " like it was something that only you know  well why dont you tell us if insurance had nothing to do with it then what did --- i would would like to know                         willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
If cars racing cannot have a passenger then why should bikes?

J

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
Haven't we already seen this movie here!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
we have seen the movie several times but its obvious to me that you and bob have missed the ending  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »
we have seen the movie several times but its obvious to me that you and bob have missed the ending  willie buchta

Larry,

You have to admit Willie made a funny... :cheers:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
Willie
if your sidecar trys to pass you on the de-cell or exhibits other types of steering input irregularities you have problems...... my sidecar runs straight and true without even noticing a 3rd wheel is there..... you have design problems... if you want, i will let you race my 750 to see how a real sidecar rides and then maybe you will realize what we have been trying to tell you about geometry..
Kent

Offline joea

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 06:36:07 PM »
thats what im talking about........meaningful discourse....

with the opportunity to learn something, and possibly make
something better.....   or some drama.....either is nice in this journey.....

if ya dont like the rules...ya dont have to stay home....

Joe :)