Author Topic: New Record  (Read 10490 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: New Record
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 12:31:42 AM »
Kent,
I heard that they were going to make you run a CD player on your bike with a recording of Bviller's blown hemi at around 120 dbs so you will sound as fast as you are going.

Really, big congrats!!! Nice job.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 12:41:22 AM »
Since nobody is wearing a name tag I go by the numbers on the bikes. I posted another picture where Kent is pushing the bike. Sorry he didn't want to cooperate with the camera. He kept turning his good side towards me.
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 08:40:03 AM »
... I posted another picture where Kent is pushing the bike. Sorry he didn't want to cooperate with the camera. He kept turning his good side towards me.
Sheri Buchta

Sheri, it is almost impossible to get a picture of Kent... :roll:  most of us are unaware he has a good side..  :-D  :-o  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
shoot i didnt even know i had a good side.!... :-o
kent

Super Kaz

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »
   Thanks guys…thank you, thank you, thank you…. I would like to say I have personally seen Glen behind the ERC trailer sniffing the cap off of a nitro drum… I think he gives Carol nitro in a cologne bottle for Christmas…
  Yes Kaz, we have a controller and is kinda confusing us at the moment… it seems the motor will only spin to 2800rpm instead of 5K so as soon as we figger out those gremlins she is gonna fly…. Dr Burns from San Diego state is coming up this week to plug in his laptop and take a look at it…
   I spent most of last week at SSI racing working on the battery management system (BMS). I knew it would help but man did it make a difference. Michael Kadie has probably one of the most sophisticated BMS in the country. We have started to get the 1024 cells balanced and it really shows… we left the line with the lowest voltage of any of our previous passes (396) and only dropped 6 volts after the pass.!… Pretty fricken awesome! Michael estimates we currently have about 60% of the charge density capable.!….
   Were sneaking up on it… it’s not like we can go over and check out the gearing on a fellow competitors Busa or call someone up for advise… we are kinda out in the dark and making wild guesses… wish I was this lucky at blackjack.!… I wanted to throw some more gear at it and make another pass but Randy is much smarter and insisted we sandbag for the points championship…. Well at least one of us has some reasoning… Can you imagine if we can win the points championship with an electric vehicle?
   We’ve got a bunch of things we want to do to it including a fairing, its kinda ironic that I have been building fairings for 26 years for everyone and their brother and I don’t even have one on my personal race bike.!… Ironic, pathetic, yep same thing…. We’re gonna get to gearing soon as we get the motor spinnin.  Maybe even eventually installing a transmission…. This baby has potential and you can count on it going faster…
   Thanks guys
    Kent

Thats friggen AWESOME Kent :cheers:!
 I'm happy for you,and Wish you All the Best.
I  know you will get it Sorted out :wink:..
I Too have seen the LIGHT   :-o!
 NOW  I  JUST gotta try and Retrofit 3 V-rods to AC :evil:   !!!     
GET IT  GET IT 8-)!
Kaz...............

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 11:38:00 PM »
AT the risk of appearing SELF SERVING :-D   Who do I need to contact about getting my year old AA/GL record posted on the SCTA website? On the website in the minimums for AA/GL it is no longer listed as a 220 min. It is listed in the rule book.  I have sent numerous emails through the listed internet contacts---thanks---sparky
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 11:42:52 PM »
Sparky, send a PM to Stan Back -he can raise more RABBLE than any ten other Landracers- he'll get it taken care of!

I'll testify as a witness, too! Wuz there!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
Try Ed Safarik, the fellow that does the nuts-and-bolts of the SCTA website, and Dan Warner, the fellow that was nominated/elected/corralled into helping freshen and update the sites' content.  I expect both of them have listed email addresses (look in the rulebook).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com