Author Topic: New Record  (Read 10489 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: New Record
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 05:41:20 PM »
   Thanks guys…thank you, thank you, thank you…. I would like to say I have personally seen Glen behind the ERC trailer sniffing the cap off of a nitro drum… I think he gives Carol nitro in a cologne bottle for Christmas…
  Yes Kaz, we have a controller and is kinda confusing us at the moment… it seems the motor will only spin to 2800rpm instead of 5K so as soon as we figger out those gremlins she is gonna fly…. Dr Burns from San Diego state is coming up this week to plug in his laptop and take a look at it…
   I spent most of last week at SSI racing working on the battery management system (BMS). I knew it would help but man did it make a difference. Michael Kadie has probably one of the most sophisticated BMS in the country. We have started to get the 1024 cells balanced and it really shows… we left the line with the lowest voltage of any of our previous passes (396) and only dropped 6 volts after the pass.!… Pretty fricken awesome! Michael estimates we currently have about 60% of the charge density capable.!….
   Were sneaking up on it… it’s not like we can go over and check out the gearing on a fellow competitors Busa or call someone up for advise… we are kinda out in the dark and making wild guesses… wish I was this lucky at blackjack.!… I wanted to throw some more gear at it and make another pass but Randy is much smarter and insisted we sandbag for the points championship…. Well at least one of us has some reasoning… Can you imagine if we can win the points championship with an electric vehicle?
   We’ve got a bunch of things we want to do to it including a fairing, its kinda ironic that I have been building fairings for 26 years for everyone and their brother and I don’t even have one on my personal race bike.!… Ironic, pathetic, yep same thing…. We’re gonna get to gearing soon as we get the motor spinnin.  Maybe even eventually installing a transmission…. This baby has potential and you can count on it going faster…
   Thanks guys
    Kent

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 07:52:10 PM »
Congrats Kent -  You often spend time that should be spent on your vehicles helping others getting there vehicles ready, it is nice to see you getting records with the E-bike as it is well deserved for all of your efforts.

Scott

Offline desotoman

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
Here is a picture of Kent's bike.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Geo

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »
Wow Kent!  Congrats on the record.

Quite amazing.  Long time coming.  What's it been a couple of years?  I loved the build diary.  Anything new you can show us or is it all computer programing?  I'm going to jump up and down and dance with you when you hit 200!

Geo

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »
well the electric liner project is a couple of years in the making but this bike was built in 8 days prior to the Nov El-Mo.... it is all computer controlled.... i stuck my fingers where i shouldn't have last Thursday night, you should have seen me do the white boy dance!... 400+ volts will do that to ya.... believe me when this baby goes 200 i will dance again!... :-D
Kent

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »
Kent, is a man of many talents....not only does he run his toaster bike fast......he also does a great job in helping out in Tech measuring engines............
Many thanks from all of us, Kent.............................
Your the MAN................................................................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »
congrats kent   but it should be   APS Ω  on your bike       willie buchta
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:27:54 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:55 AM »
congrats kent   but it should be   APS Ω  on your bike       willie buchta

Kent is your bike in the APS class..?

J

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 07:43:47 PM »
Great engineering and effort Kent. Congratulations. I did not see the answer to the question on if it can go the 3 miles at Bonneville. Can it go to that duration?

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 07:54:06 PM »
Actually he only has to go 2 these days if they have the course set up like last year.   :-D

OK Willie, I'll bite, why do you think APS  :?  Inquiring minds....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline willieworld

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »
the only classes for omega are  APS    and S  rule book page 109  i did notice that on the scta website the records are listed under    APS  Ω                 willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:23 PM »
yes Willie it is entered as an "APS" bike you just cant see the "PS" on the side of the bike in the picture cuz it is written in pencil.!..... i will get around to putting a fairing on it by the end of the season.... in case your wondering the seat/tail is what puts it in "APS"
Don...3 miles.?.!.... well i hope so.!..... on paper the students say it will, but we are smart enough to know that "theoretical bikes set theoretical records every theoretical time".... we will see by Aug 9th..
Kent

Offline willieworld

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »
kent sheri took a nice pic of you and your bike its on the gear grinders web site under june results   
          http://www.thegeargrinders.com/el_mirage_in_june_09
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »
kent sheri took a nice pic of you and your bike its on the gear grinders web site under june results   
          http://www.thegeargrinders.com/el_mirage_in_june_09

Hey Kent, looking like you have adequate ballast for Bonneville.... although the peach fuzz might catch a little air.....  :-D  :-D  :-D

Hope to see ya at the salt talks, I owe ya a beer or 2....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 11:37:02 PM »
Nice beard Kent.......when did you grow that? I must of missed the tattoos when I saw you last.......