Author Topic: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners  (Read 1438199 times)

Offline peterdallan

Re: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners
« Reply #2010 on: January 25, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »
http://www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/quality-accommodation/caravan-holiday-accommodation.htm

Static caravans a la trailer park but they are not lived in year round, rented to holiday makers in the summer months.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2011 on: January 25, 2015, 11:57:08 PM »
That caravan looks nice.  I will show Gretchen.

Hunting around for rules, etc in the British websites brings up some interesting stuff, like this talented and brave lady www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1126205/Becci-Ellis-achieves-incredible-motorbike-record-264mph-html

That speed puts her among the fastest of all time on the airport mile.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2012 on: January 26, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »
Bo, now that the bike is gone what are you going to do with all the time you have?. :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2013 on: January 26, 2015, 01:04:52 AM »
All sorts of projects.  Rose has a big list.  An addition to the shed is my current one.  The building code gives a maximum size for a shed without a permit.  That has been built.  Nothing in the building code prohibits an addition.

Getting lots of sleep is the other big goal.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2014 on: January 26, 2015, 08:45:49 AM »
Enjoy the rest.
You definitely deserve it. :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2015 on: January 26, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »
Look close to the first part of the Beci Ellis link, see the guy on the right who rides around inside his wheel.

The Pendine rules got here today.  They are SCTA based so I built the bike using DLRA 2105 rules and the motorcycle rule changes listed on the SCTA website.  The tire classaifcation was the hard part.  I could not find and records and they are probably over 200 mph for the modern bike 1000 cc class.  The v-rated ones I have on are good for 150 mph.  That surely is lower than the class record but faster than the bike can go.  Hopefully it is OK.

Care has been taken to build the bike to be eligible in as many classes as possible.  It is legal for all sorts of modified partial streamliner classes and with the tail, many special construction partial streamliner ones, too.  The LSR rules for the various organizations are not very different from each other. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2016 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »
The shed Rose and her friends built is great.  It gives me a place to work on the bikes.  The problem is the lack of room for the salt flats bike, the street bike, Gretchen's bike, my modern dirt bike,and the vintage desert bike.  It is time to make an annex for storage.  The boat and its trailer will go in there along with a few of the bikes.  Part of the footings are done.  I do a little bit of work on on it every day.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2017 on: February 15, 2015, 08:01:23 PM »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2018 on: March 01, 2015, 11:26:12 PM »
Mike, I have been out of the state for a few weeks and I missed the show.  Some folks say it is one of the best shows on the west coast.  There was talk about having me enter the Triumph in the show.  It certainly fits the weird home built bike theme.  The bike is always apart during the show and it never gets entered.

The trip I was on was fairly complex with lots of places I had to be at certain times.  Concerns about climate change made me try to do it all by feets and public transportation with no driving.  It worked OK except for the 6.5 hour trip on a Honolulu city bus to get where I was not planning to go.  It would have been a 30 minute ride I woulda drove.  About eight days were aboard a navy ship and they let me take pictures of the engine room, etc.  Some pictures will be posted in a few days after I get rested and organized.   

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2019 on: March 01, 2015, 11:41:34 PM »
Oh!  "Haze gray & underway."  Been there, done that, got all of the uniforms.   :mrgreen:

Looking forward to your story.   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2020 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:56 AM »
     +1 on looking forward to your story and pics when you get the chance Bo. It's been 47 years since I last stopped by Pearl.

Do the uniforms still fit Mike?  :evil:  Over 30 years ago I tried to get into my jumper and got stuck 1/2 way, had to holler for the kids to pull it back off.  :oops:  Hat still fits  :-D

Ed       

W381, EN3 in B2, '67

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2021 on: March 07, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »
An ocilloscope in my experience was a big instrument in a cabinet on rollers.  My middle son sent me this picture.  The scope is hooked up to his Bonneville and it is displaying secondary waveforms.  Now the scopes are small enough to hold in the hand.  He is doing well in the automotive technology class at Saddleback.  Already he knows more than I ever will about lots of things. 

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2022 on: March 07, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »
WW;

That looks like the same display that I used to see on an old Bendix ignition analyzer that I bought in an aircraft salvage yard 50 years ago. No comparison on size & weight, though.  :-D

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2023 on: April 07, 2015, 11:14:02 PM »
The bike got hung up in shipping somewhere near Panama.  Fortunately it was shipped early and it probably might hopefully make it to Pendine on time.  A video from a meet a couple of years ago.www.youtube.com/watch?v=buJLKh26W9M

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2024 on: May 11, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »
Greetings from atop the Eiffel Tower.  Team Go Dog Go is heavily involved in prerace training and conditioning.  It is tough but sacrifices must be made.