Author Topic: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners  (Read 1437881 times)

Offline joea

Re: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners
« Reply #1800 on: August 26, 2014, 11:38:14 PM »
FANTASTIC.....major kudo's...

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #1801 on: August 27, 2014, 12:44:12 AM »
Well done, Bo!   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
« Reply #1802 on: August 27, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »
I'm chilling the 150mph beer's... :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1803 on: August 27, 2014, 05:20:18 AM »
Me too.
You'll do it Bo.  :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1804 on: August 27, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
A t-storm came through last night and the track is too wet to use today.  It is on the high and dry ground.  The salt is thinner there so the surface is fragile.  It should dry tonight.  Tomorrow we race from early morning until 4:00.  This is bike racing at its best if you live in the area.  We are going for all the marbles.  It is the last day.

The trailer is used as a bike bench.  The front of the scoot is tied down and a bottle jack is used to lift up the back so it is up in the air.  Then, it is easier to change the sprocket.  This save  lot of bending over.

This is an international meet.  Today I heard German, Dutch, East London, Australian, and Japanese.  Tom (Koncretekid) set a time over 150 mph yesterday on his old BSA.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1805 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:33 PM »
It is rare to see a consist of passenger cars anymore except Amtrak.  These are on a siding down near the potash plant.  One view is from the front and the other from the rear.  All are Union Pacific.  No one is in them.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1806 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:48 PM »
Union Pacific bought our big west coast railroad, the Southern Pacific.  This is the locomotive.  The SP never ran these engines or locos in this color.  It is a tribute to their heritage.  The police officer assigned to watch these things came over and explained that they are for a celebration of Nevada's 150th birthday.   

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1807 on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
And we think we have hard jobs...  This wasp is dragging this full size dead tarantula off of the road.  In the Leppy Hills just north of Wendover.

The first run on Thursday was with the 38 tooth rear.  It is two teeth bigger than the one I used on Tuesday to go 146.  Either the engine was on the rev limiter or it was out of breath.  The run was 141.  The motor is built to go over 9,000 rpm and the rev limiter is at 8,400.  This saved me big $ on this run.

The sprocket was changed to the 35 tooth one.  The last run was 143.  The knock light showed flickers of uncontrolled combustion.  The engine was turning lower rpm - closer to the torque peak - and chamber pressures were higher than on the other runs.  This oxygenated unleaded does not have enough octane to support a lot of compression.

My tail is between my legs and under my trembling and spanked puppy dog butt.  No 150 mph this year.  Motor work needs to be done.   

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1808 on: August 29, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »
That's disappointing Bo.
Would changing the fuel make a difference?.

Offline SaltPeter

• Can't you just be Serious for once in your Life!
« Reply #1809 on: August 30, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »
Bo

I know how you feel ... but you were out there having a red hot go .... onward and upward ....

Pete  :cheers:
The Mission is to go as fast as possible along on that old Road Less Traveled.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1810 on: September 02, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »
The fairing nose reshape got rid of the lift on the front at speed.  The chassis is sorted and now I can concentrate on the engine.  The bike is very stable.  A conversation with a couple of experts tells me that, to play in this league, I need to move peak power at least 1000 rpm higher, from 7,000 ish to around 8,000 rpm.  Also the all-purpose cams I am using are "sissy cams" for LSR.  I knew this.  The plan is to bump up the compression ratio and to install some beefier cams.

Some of you know Rose from meeting her at the NW Reunion.  She decided to swim across the Columbia River and she practiced in the little pool at our local YMCA.  The distance is over a mile so she did 100 laps at a time to get ready.

It is near dawn today and she is on this paddle wheel ship in the first picture.  It is leaving Hood River Oregon to go to the Washington side.  It will tie up at the dock there.  She will jump from the deck down into the river.  The swimmers head for the Oregon shore.  They are in the second photo.  It is 1.1 miles across.  The course is at a diagonal to the shore.  The current carries them downstream when they cross.   

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1811 on: September 02, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »
Rose has not done this before.  She said the water deep under the ship was very cold when she dived in.  The currents and waves made it difficult to keep on-line and to be breathe.  Here she is on the Oregon side.  Tired and happy.

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #1812 on: September 02, 2014, 12:38:21 AM »
Congratulations to Rose!  I get winded just swimming 50 yards, anymore.  And that water would be a lot colder than the lake at Bonneville! 

I hope to see you next year.  And BTW, Loring is a great place for test and tune - - and you don't even have to leave the Country.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Freud

« Reply #1813 on: September 02, 2014, 01:03:04 AM »
GREAT JOB, Rose.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1814 on: September 02, 2014, 01:08:06 AM »
Bo, we have a local race called the Midmar Mile. Thousands turn up for the race. Well done Rose.

My buddy Richard showed up unexpectedly yesterday. He bought a new Trump. Hell, I didn't know he even rode
and it looks pretty neat. I found out that he also owns a Royal Enfield.

Richard told me that the carbs are bogus but are on there to give the bike a classic look.
All the while I was looking at the bike I was thinking of you. :-D