Author Topic: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners  (Read 1437981 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Team Go Dog, Go! Modified Partial Streamliners
« Reply #1665 on: May 04, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »
This pic shows the angle between my back and the tail.  The top of my back and the upper surface of the tail should be in line.  Some yoga is what I need along with the diet.

The last pic shows the view from the back.  Traditional Brit twin cylinder bikes are nice in this aspect.  They are narrow.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1666 on: May 07, 2014, 01:37:08 AM »
The rear brake pedal hit the mufflers and it would not go down far enough.  A new one was made in two parts out of 6061 T4 or T6 aluminum billet.  I forget the exact temper.  They were scraps from another project.

The pivot was made with a roundish shape and the pedal in an "L" shape.  The short leg of the L fits in a slot in the pivot.  This way, the two parts are held together by two fillet welds in shear rather than a butt weld in compression and tension.  I try to avoid butt welds when I can.

The part is turned over in the second picture.  The pointer shows where a weld could be made across the pedal face.  I avoided doing that.  The weld would destroy the temper in the L in a stressed critical place and its added strength is not needed.

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #1667 on: May 07, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »
Check your lid for the arched-style eye-relief used on road-racer style helmets............maybe you already have it.  Also, check you side profile by RAISING you but from the seat an inch or so...............I have the same problem with drag from a sloped back.............or just bury your head and steer straight :-D :-D :-D
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1668 on: May 08, 2014, 01:19:15 AM »
Thanks for the advice, Dennis.  I will try on some of those road race lids. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1669 on: May 15, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »
There was some sort of party here awhile ago.  I stayed there for a little bit and then I went downstairs to make a bolt on the lathe.  A lady was playing tug-of-war with the golden retriever.  The dog let go of the rope.  The lady fell backwards onto my laptop.  She crunched it up pretty bad with impact from her arm and big butt.  She bought me a new laptop and it comes with Windows 8.

This W8 has to be experienced to be believed.  It might make sense to someone on drugs, maybe.  The folks at the computer store say the new computer has W8 and I an stuck with it.  Has anyone figured out how to outwit Microsoft and to avoid using W8?

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1670 on: May 15, 2014, 01:59:44 AM »
Reformat the hard drive and install a copy of Windows 7.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Freud

« Reply #1671 on: May 15, 2014, 02:00:08 AM »
Once again we miss Ray the Rat.  He went through a situation like yours and

replaced Windows 8. He had Y E A R S of experience with computers and

claimed Windows 8 was as bad as it gets.

Miss you Ray.

FREUD and Wobbles
Since '63

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #1672 on: May 15, 2014, 02:06:15 AM »
Do the full upgrades to 8.1(upgrade).  I only use it on a touch tablet (and have since it was in Beta), but with the latest upgrades, the transition shouldn't be too hard.  PM me if you need some coaching.

"Change is good" ;-)

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1673 on: May 15, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
Mike, the computer on your table didn't look like a tablet...  :roll: thought I had a picture, but can't find it.  Never saw a tablet with a 5 inch floppy drive.  :?
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline salt27

« Reply #1674 on: May 15, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »
I too struggled with Windows 8 but with a little help from my wife and Gus it's working for me now.

I'll bet your daughter could figure it out.

About like learning a new language, hang in there.   :-P

Don
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:27:15 AM by salt27 »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #1675 on: May 15, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
Mike, the computer on your table didn't look like a tablet...  :roll: thought I had a picture, but can't find it.  Never saw a tablet with a 5 inch floppy drive.  :?
 :cheers:

You're right!  It would be hard to mistake a TRS-80 Model I for a tablet.  It's not there now, though; its place has been taken by an IBM PCjr.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1676 on: May 15, 2014, 10:08:55 PM »
All of the advice is a big help.  The "Change is good." concept was very appealing, so I got a refund on the PC and bought a Mac.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1677 on: May 15, 2014, 10:36:20 PM »
I've had Macs for 24 years and get a lot done with them.

Welcome Walrus..............

FREUD
Since '63

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1678 on: May 16, 2014, 12:36:00 AM »
He he he and here I am thinking XP is the bomb. :-D

Bo, you've moved to another level now.

We might have to call you Sir Wobbly or MacMiller!. :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1679 on: May 16, 2014, 02:22:16 AM »
Hi Mike and Freud.  The big plan was to have the new PC stripped clean of Windows 8 and all of the other programs it had on it, and then to reload it with Windows 7.  Windows does not sell the old version so I would need to order the Windows 7 disk on the i-net and bring it in to the store to have it loaded.  This would take awhile for me to do and I was having a problem with buying another Microsoft product to replace a bad one they sold me.  I asked the computer techs at the store what they recommended.  A few of them were standing behind the service counter.  One told me they work on computers all day and they do not want to fiddle with them when they are at home.  He said most of them use the Apple computers for personal use.  That is what convinced me to change.  Programs like PipeMax and Tune ECU need a windows operating system so I will keep my squashed laptop to run them.  The old girl still works, it is held together with duck tape.